Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   dent in bumper....options (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/41800-dent-bumper-options.html)

StraightEdgeCivic 06-21-2002 11:20 AM

dent in bumper....options

hello all...i have question on what to do about my front bumper.

i have a dent in the front bumper that i hate looking at...i was thinking about buying a full mask. ive never liked the way a mask looks but anything would be better than the dent. plus my sedan is NBP ...so it wouldnt be as noticable. my other option is replacing it with a new bumper. but that would be 350.00(tsunami) plus paint (plus ill have to buy the rest of the kit to balance)...vs. 100.00 (full mask).

suggestions or other options (repair?) welcome.....and if anyone has a full mask and pics please let me know
thank you

civicvtec1ps 06-21-2002 11:23 AM

same problem . i have little crack on bottom of my front bumper.
i was thinking about gettiing full mask but its just UGLY.
go with t2001 front bumper. thats what im going for and it looks real nice.

B390LU 06-21-2002 11:27 AM

Can't u just fix the bumper?I know the bumper on 7th gen civic is made of plastic but I think it can be fixed if u bring it to a body shop.If u have a plan to buy the whole tsunami bodykit in the future then it'll be fine to change the front bumper first and save up to buy the rest later [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

StraightEdgeCivic 06-21-2002 11:31 AM

thanks for the input so far..
civicvtec...do u plan on getting the whole kit?..

VNlilMAN 06-21-2002 12:20 PM

you could probably fix it... depending on where it is you might have to remove your bumper... but just heat it up using a blow dryer(to soften the bumper) and pop it back out. mine had a cut in it so i cant but for a dent it should work...

Captain 06-21-2002 02:15 PM

Go to a junk yard and get one off of some jackass' totaled 2k1. Or get a body kit.[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

djlunatic 06-21-2002 02:18 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
you could probably fix it... depending on where it is you might have to remove your bumper... but just heat it up using a blow dryer(to soften the bumper) and pop it back out. mine had a cut in it so i cant but for a dent it should work...[hr]
i did that also. follow the diy for clearing headlights to get your front bumber off. heat the bumber up on the back unpainted side for about 5-10 minutes depending on the tempature you are working in. once the bumper's dent is warm apply pressure on the dent and it will pop out.

civicvtec1ps 06-21-2002 03:05 PM

NOT full kit. i dont like rear and side at all.
t2001 front bumper , OEM SIDE AND REAR
thats waht im going for

BigWing 06-21-2002 05:31 PM

one company... DENTEX, theyll pop it right out

-Big WIng