Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   HEADER & CAT BACK, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/41482-header-cat-back-someone-who-knows.html)

Colombian4Lyf 06-19-2002 11:44 AM

HEADER & CAT BACK, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS

Its been 3months and still not sure what is the best HEADER & CAT BACK to purchase. I have heard different things, but as far as research everyone claims to have the most gains. Any how I would like someone that knows and has experienced good gains to give me some info.
I have all my mods lined up except for the HEADER & CAT BACK. Thanks peoples.

BLUENVY01 06-19-2002 12:09 PM

ive got an LX and decided that the only way i might be able to pull some power out of my ride was to go with the EX exhaust conversion, which included the HP header with its HiFlow Cat....followed out by the Greddy Evo Catback. they have made a perfect combination for my ride. the power gains are great, and the sound is incredible! g'luck

4one1 06-19-2002 12:09 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Colombian4Lyf
Its been 3months and still not sure what is the best HEADER & CAT BACK to purchase. I have heard different things, but as far as research everyone claims to have the most gains. Any how I would like someone that knows and has experienced good gains to give me some info.
I have all my mods lined up except for the HEADER & CAT BACK. Thanks peoples.[hr]
DC Sports SS 4-1 Header and GRedy Evo cat-back exhaust system........... your not going to get much gains......

With I/H/E I would suspect only a 5-8whp/tq gain........

rac53041 06-19-2002 08:40 PM

so far the best header as far as performance gains is the HP racing header with high flow cat
of course ti only fits automatic EX's without any mods I have it and it is awesome
for cat-backs the GReddy Evo is good as is Thermal R&D and the OBX

AceKicker 06-19-2002 09:14 PM

ok here is my opinion on it go with the Hp headers w/ high-flow cat and get the skunk2 cat back. I personally have the hp headers w/ highflow cat and i got a custom manderal bent 2.5 cat back exhasut with a skunk2 muffler and no resonator and i have seen great gains and some people say the draw back about doing what I did is that it is louder than hell. But i love it.

alienmonkey 06-19-2002 10:19 PM

I was talking to a guy from HP today about the headers with cat fitting the lx model civic. He told me you need a slight modification(shaving the engine mount). I asked when they were coming out with the headers w/ cat that fixes that problem and the guy informed me 4 weeks. The should be out without modification by rhe end of July. Someone correct me if i'm wrong or knows different.

LeroyBrown 06-20-2002 12:14 PM

i did DC Sports TCS w/ DC Sports headers..

Colombian4Lyf 06-20-2002 04:00 PM

Thanks alot guys, :cry: what would I do without this site,
Think IM going with the hp headers, the skunk2 cat-back with a lil modifications.

alienmonkey 06-20-2002 09:07 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: BLUENVY01
ive got an LX and decided that the only way i might be able to pull some power out of my ride was to go with the EX exhaust conversion, which included the HP header with its HiFlow Cat....followed out by the Greddy Evo Catback. they have made a perfect combination for my ride. the power gains are great, and the sound is incredible! g'luck[hr]
Hey BLUENVY01 did that require any type of welding/clamping modification, or was it bolt on from the headers to the back? I may go that way if it is a direct bolt on from front to back.