Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   altezza question... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/41332-altezza-question.html)

jrock 06-18-2002 01:33 PM

altezza question...

I have a 2002 Electron Blue Pearl Coupe...what kind of altezzas are the best looking? TYC, carbon fiber, euro...whatever else there is?

SatinSilver2k1 06-18-2002 01:39 PM

you get that custom painted?

jrock 06-18-2002 01:47 PM

my bad...I am stupid...I meant Eternal Blue Pearl...I am loosing my mind, sorry.

mullinad 06-18-2002 01:48 PM

electron blue coupe?? or do you mean Eternal blue pearl... because the new civics (01+) do not come from the factory in that color... if it is the eternal, i suggest the carbon fiber. but if somehow you have a coustom paint job in Electron blue, I suggest the chrome...

Crashoveride 06-18-2002 01:57 PM

I think something with CF would look sweet, as well as a CF hood man. :tup:

Bluelle 06-18-2002 02:00 PM

i say go for carbon fiber.......

TwilightX 06-18-2002 02:08 PM

Just search the member's rides section and see how they look for yourself...I think a picture will help make your decision easier! :)

WhiteRiceBoi 06-18-2002 02:09 PM

hehe i remeber one of my buddies in endless concepts thought altezzas were cool and he went shopping and bought stuff without our concent, lol we gave him such a hard time about it that hes selling em and putting in his stockers

Nj 06-18-2002 02:39 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: WhiteRiceBoi
hehe i remeber one of my buddies in endless concepts thought altezzas were cool and he went shopping and bought stuff without our concent, lol we gave him such a hard time about it that hes selling em and putting in his stockers[hr]
What do you mean "without our concent"? So before someone can do something to their ride they have to clear it with the rest of the group?

WhiteRiceBoi 06-18-2002 02:44 PM

hehe no its a joke we have, like we always say thats what happens when he goes shopping without us, he buys little ricey things, he can do whatever he wants we just gave him a hard time about altezzas

Lord knows I went through that stage , I have aluminum Type R pedals for krisakes

Spider883 06-18-2002 02:45 PM

IMO altezzas = rice

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE 06-18-2002 02:54 PM

best altezzas are no altezzas...end of story.

Nj 06-18-2002 02:54 PM

You know what since I have been on this site. It seems to me that anything somebody does to a vic somebody calles it rice. So what can you do to your ride that is not rice? So really we are saying that any change from stock is rice. There has to be a better way to define what is rice and what is not or maybe I am just missing the point all the way around. If so clear it up for me please someone.

Spider883 06-18-2002 02:56 PM

rice is only defined by the person that says it. rice to me is altezza, big wings, and neon lights. everyone has a different opinion. that is just mine. some people may even say that my car is rice but i dont really care.

Nj 06-18-2002 03:00 PM

your car is very clean. It's not an over kill.....nice job

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE 06-18-2002 03:01 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Nj
You know what since I have been on this site. It seems to me that anything somebody does to a vic somebody calles it rice. So what can you do to your ride that is not rice? So really we are saying that any change from stock is rice. There has to be a better way to define what is rice and what is not or maybe I am just missing the point all the way around. If so clear it up for me please someone.[hr]
the respectable way is dumping your cash under the hood and making your car an actually decent racer, rather than the rice alternative (making your car look fast/putting mods on that do nothing or hurt performance)

me? ill stick with the sleeper look.

Spider883 06-18-2002 03:03 PM

thanks Nj

merz 06-18-2002 04:07 PM

From around here I've come to figure that:

RICE : You just know it when you see it and you never see it on your own car.
What is hot today is rice tomorrow - change your mods early & often is the lesson.

Unomyname 06-18-2002 05:13 PM

i got to say im glad im not like most of you and live on this site...alot of yall are some losers...but do what you want to your ride...REMEMBER ITS YOUR RIDE..dont kliq up with a bunch of virgins and let them give you "their consent" cause then its just about their car...with their style...if you like altezzas get them...cleared headlights DONT MAKE YOUR FASTER but no one calls them rice...hmmm...why?? but i bet if one person on this site started sayin it everyone else would...

Unomyname 06-18-2002 05:16 PM

whitericeboi doesnt even have rims and he is tellin people what to get...are rims rice too??? pimpin hard since 84 huh? must be hard with them hubcaps???

WhiteRiceBoi 06-18-2002 05:41 PM

yeah must be hard since i just got some white 17s the other weekend, man STFU.

symmetry 06-18-2002 05:43 PM

for those who don't know what rice is, go to the FAQ's of this site. They tell you that rice is defined at RICER Go to this site if nothing else for a huge laugh.

fraga 06-18-2002 06:23 PM

Rice = G ay = Tight

Stop using these words. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

swmrsharon 06-19-2002 11:31 PM

Back to the subject at hand, I once saw an EBP with APC chrome euros and they looked great. If you wanna get altezzas, I say go for it.

neoretromax 06-20-2002 10:55 PM

good call, back to the subject.... i personally like the apc chrome altezzas (three cirlcle ones) cause that's what i have!

NickDaMans02Civic 06-21-2002 03:01 AM

I have never been a fan of altezza lights they are just dumb if I could I would just have all clear taillights that would rock, I won't buy a product that they made just to have people have something close to all clears because cops are being dicks about them and charge like $200 for them its a waiste of money in my mind. So I will stay stock just my $.02 just venting.

I mean Altezza's are cool because they are DOT approved and all but not worth the cash for just that

Nick