Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Nokya BLUES or PURPLES? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/41272-nokya-blues-purples.html)

XoULaBeAT 06-18-2002 12:52 AM

Nokya BLUES or PURPLES?

i'm selling my hyper white xenon bulbs that are a POS for $20 by Farenheit and getting new ones off eBay.. So I come down to these two.

And I hear the purple is bright as a mofo, but some say cops pull u over sometimes because it's too dang bright. but who cares right? haha.

to those who have one of the two bulbs, how are they?

Importracer 06-18-2002 01:09 AM

i had the blue ones that nokya makes the artic blues and they were rreally bright for a while and then the color faded away, i have had the artic purples for almost a year now, they are not to bright but they look just like real HID's

civicvtec1ps 06-18-2002 08:24 AM

something wrong with xenon super white? works good for me

clockwerx 06-18-2002 11:44 AM

I had the Nokya Arctic Purples. They looked really like HID, but not bad enough that the cops would pull you over. Just a warning. One of my bulbs died after 31 days of use and I have heard the same thing from many people that got Nokya's. Just a warning. I was pissed when mine died. They had a 30 day warranty, and they died 31 days after I go them. Coincidence? I don't know

CoupeStylz 06-18-2002 02:38 PM

I have Nokya arctic purples, really nice color, very bright and close to the color of Acura HIDs. I think the color is fading though, After only 2 weeks. Has anyone melted their wire harness from it becuse of 90-100 watts?

Hefe 06-18-2002 04:11 PM

The Arctic Purples are crap.......

Get these Polarg VIP Style.

Those Polargs look more like the real HID than those Arctic Purples... they shine brighter and have more purple/white light too...... I had them for a LONG time until they went out the other day

fraga 06-18-2002 06:31 PM

I had the Nokya H4 Arctic White and they were pretty good. Eventually, they turned kinda purpley. At least that's what Hefe told me. Lasted over a year and then finally one blinked out.

vino 06-18-2002 06:37 PM

got the nokya arctic whites and lasted for about a year until one blew out.....never seen how the purples look like though....i didnt get those ones cuz it sounded illegal...hehe but ifrom what you guys say i guess its just a brighter blue....

XoULaBeAT 06-19-2002 12:15 AM

wow very interesting.

especially the part about the color of the bulb fading out. but does the fade cause the bulb to get weakened? or not as bright? and also purple is the brightest of all as it sounds to be concluded, hmm okay.

then my next question is, after nokya, what bulb r u using? the same but in replacements? or another brand..

Hefe 06-19-2002 02:33 AM

I got some cheap replacement BLue bulbs...... I don't have the money to spend on the Polargs... But the Polargs are :tup: in my book

It's not the fact that the bulb will weaken.... just loose the color that it had originally

TeamOutrage 06-19-2002 05:28 PM

cops wont generally give you a ticket for your lights unless they are being dicks and pull you over for speeding or something and really really search for something else to nail you on. my boyfriend got pulled over because he has cat eyes on his truck and the cop thought he didnt have any head lights...and then he started to question if they were blue or not....they are white but he told us anything other then white is illegal....just a heads up