Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   WW G5 kit at Honda (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40873-ww-g5-kit-honda.html)

Silver02EX 06-15-2002 02:51 PM

WW G5 kit at Honda

I went to my Honda dealer yesterday and on the wall they had the 4 piece WW G5 kit and the price is $575 and to painted is $440... Is this a good deal? The kit sounds like a good deal but the painting doesn't...

slammed2k2 06-15-2002 02:59 PM

The kit is an alright price, but paint is too much!
buy the kit and paint it somewhere else..

fraga 06-15-2002 03:13 PM

Don't buy from the DEALER for the love of god.

mullinad 06-15-2002 03:27 PM

good price on the kit... but listen to the others and have it painted elsewhere...

Silver2k1Dood 06-15-2002 03:33 PM

Hey, Silver02EX, does this include installation? If so, it is not a bad deal and the dealer may cover it as a Honda accessory, or at the very least, give you a warranty on the paint.
If it doesn't include installation, you may get a better deal on paint but remember that if the kit is urethane, it has to be painted right or the paint will start bubbling and/or peeling off.

Just some food for thought...

Silver02EX 06-15-2002 03:39 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Silver2k1Dood
Hey, Silver02EX, does this include installation? If so, it is not a bad deal and the dealer may cover it as a Honda accessory, or at the very least, give you a warranty on the paint.
If it doesn't include installation, you may get a better deal on paint but remember that if the kit is urethane, it has to be painted right or the paint will start bubbling and/or peeling off.

Just some food for thought...[hr]
That's not including install, and they can't cover it under warrenty, that's why I'm gonna buy it somewhere else and take it to a body shop where they have some kind of warrenty. I was thinking of taking the car to a body shop and have them match the paint and save some money and install it myself.

Silver2k1Dood 06-15-2002 03:59 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Silver02EX

[hr]Originally posted by: Silver2k1Dood

Just some food for thought...[hr]
That's not including install, and they can't cover it under warrenty, that's why I'm gonna buy it somewhere else and take it to a body shop where they have some kind of warrenty. I was thinking of taking the car to a body shop and have them match the paint and save some money and install it myself.[hr]
In that case, yes...avoid the dealer 'cause all you'll get is a hefty markup.

civicvtec1ps 06-15-2002 05:36 PM

dont buy through dealer. im sure you can find cheap price for painting job

Crashoveride 06-15-2002 08:07 PM

The price isnt that bad, but I would get it else where cause the dealer is still ripping you off.
Your best bet is to get it elsewhere and have it painted at a body shop. Most reputable places will warrent their work and paint for the life of the car.