Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   4 door OEM spoiler dorky? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40692-4-door-oem-spoiler-dorky.html)

hondamexicano 06-14-2002 09:45 AM

4 door OEM spoiler dorky?

I wonder what you guys think about the OEM spoiler on a 4 door sedan. I just got new rims and Iīm thinking about getting the spoiler but Iīm not sure about the looks. Do you think it will look dorky with it?

I like how the 2 door looks with the spoiler but the sedanīs trunk and rear lights are so different. Please let me know if you have a satin silver sedan with the spoiler posted on the membersī rides to check it out.

What about the OEM fog light kit? I like it a lot but think its quite expensive, do you know where can you get it cheap?

Thanks

Krepoort 06-14-2002 10:02 AM

I think you can actually do a search for that in the Member's Ride area (but I havent tried it yet so I'm not sure), or you can check out my ride. It aint silver though, but it'll give you an idea.

As for the fogs, I think you can get them cheap from tornactive.com.

HTH

-Kre

Duckor 06-14-2002 10:32 AM

i like it.
civic808's
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/inc...s=image5%2Ejpg

Maverick 06-14-2002 11:05 AM

Spoilers look fine on a 4dr. In fact I just ditched my OEM spoiler for the Carbon Fiber ST wing from Arospeed. As soon as I can figure out photoshop and shrink my pics down, I'll post them.

revitcivic 06-14-2002 11:57 AM

I'm not a big fan of huge a$$ spoilers, especially on a 4 door. but something like a touring type that does not have a high profile(looking like a shopping cart) will do well IMO.

Mbow 06-14-2002 12:31 PM

I thought my sedan looked like sheite until I installed the oem spoiler. I would definately pick one up. I think it really helps the car look better from the rear.

Bartkat 06-14-2002 12:47 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: revitcivic
I'm not a big fan of huge a$$ spoilers, especially on a 4 door. but something like a touring type that does not have a high profile(looking like a shopping cart) will do well IMO.[hr]
That would depend on your definition of huge. I don't think the OEM one is that big or tall, compared to many.

symmetry 06-14-2002 01:10 PM

I've owned my sedan for 2 weeks now but when we were looking I hated the looks of the sedans w/o the oem spoiler. Ours (silver) looks great!:) I love mine, I agree with "huge" spoilers looking dumb. :tup:

Maverick 06-14-2002 01:58 PM

here's a pic of mine (if i do it right)

Maverick 06-14-2002 01:59 PM

sorry, lemme get a bigger pic

Maverick 06-14-2002 02:16 PM

This a bigger pic up close of my wing.

hondamexicano 06-16-2002 08:34 PM

thanks for the pics everyone.

So far I think the oem spoiler looks good, I havenīt seen any 4 door with a spoiler where I live so I really didnīt now how it looks. My opinion on dorky looking 4 door cars was based more on the new sentra, where the spoiler makes it look like its trying to hard to become a cool car.

NickDaMans02Civic 06-17-2002 07:35 AM

I think it looks really good on the sedans actually brings out the look more. I would totally say get one, it looks good on my coupe also.

Nick

sham01ski 06-17-2002 09:24 AM

Someone on the website was selling their spoiler on ebay and got it from their dealer intially. It is a really sleek looking spoiler, lower than factory, and it just looked incredible. I think that would look really good on the sedan, even better than the oem spoiler. do a search under the for sale forum, I think he was selling that cool spoiler and a kaminari kit. just my 2 cents

moose87 06-17-2002 04:07 PM

I like the oem spoiler on the sedan. It looks good imo...

blackasnight2001 06-19-2002 10:10 PM

trust me, get the oem spoiler, it definately helps the back look better since it looks a little : ( stock, i got mine from spoiler depot.com (i got a review in the review section) a great deal and great product...