Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   PLEASE HELP!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40595-please-help.html)

crazybluehonda 06-13-2002 06:52 PM

PLEASE HELP!!!

Well i have been reading on here about people getting into accidents with there cars. Well on saturday i got hit by a drunk driver and now i have to replace my parts on my car. Now the insurance company said as long as its under there estimate i can buy a kit or whatever.

Now hopefully this works here's a picture of the front end of a civic that i want. Do you know where i can get it? Im in canada so everything is so hard to get. This came at a really bad time because i was going to buy wheels. But i may still have enough im not to sure.

I don't want something on my car that i have to worry about breaking or cracking i want something durable and that can last winter weather like -50c really cold. Please let me know.

Im asking you guys because of youre knowledge and do's and dont's. I don't want this next purchase to be a mistake. I want it to be a great experience. Thank you for all youre help and input!

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] ACFC8.jpg (9 Kb)

C2i0v0i1C 06-13-2002 07:07 PM

erebuni is fiberglass, i dont prefer fiberglass, im a urethane kinda person, as for the insurance, get the estimate on the entire thing stock and then get an estimate on the kit. what i would do is get the stock estimate which is what most INS CO. do. then take the check and then fork over the difference if there is one

crazybluehonda 06-13-2002 07:19 PM

Well would fiberglass last ....huh 10 years 2 feet of snow a year, and -50c for almost 6 months? My insurance estimate is right on $2,987 damage. Canadian funds lets keep that in mind. Because there's not a whole lot of places where i live. But i am going to calgary and vancouver at the end of this month.

C2i0v0i1C 06-13-2002 07:21 PM

10 years it will crack with in a year, and two feet of snow, dont even bother driving, what is 2900 is US, i can get a mix match kit and get painted and put on for 1750 US, so i dont know what that tells u

crazybluehonda 06-13-2002 07:26 PM

lol...well then that was extreme but just checking. i wouldn't really want my kit on for 10 years. But anyways $1.00usd is roughly $1.60can so $2,200.00 is $3,000.00 And last week i broke my door panel so that really sucks. So which kits are really durable and a good place to buy from?

C2i0v0i1C 06-13-2002 07:31 PM

i personally like this one (front bumper) wings west G5 sides and xenon rear bumper

Tsunami Front

Wings West Page

Xenon Rear

crazybluehonda 06-14-2002 01:48 AM

not bad choice but not a big fan of the sideskirts

Maverick 06-14-2002 11:25 AM

dude, where you live, definitely get urethane. you can get a tsunami front for like 350, especially on ebay. try Importfan.com they have nice stuff and some of it,like the Octane, they have available in fiberglas and urethane with the prices listed so you can see the little extra you'll pay for it...long run, worth it. good luck. other places to try
Aerotrends.com
Wholesalehyperformance.com
Importhookup.com
As for more, go grab a copy of Super Street and look for websites and then you can ask us on the site whether or not they are a reputable company or not.

First, however, you can check the parts section for places to buy kits,bumpers, sidekirts, etc