Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   HP Header info *updates* (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40131-hp-header-info-updates.html)

SLeePeR012 06-11-2002 11:39 AM

HP Header info *updates*

Hey guys after going through almost all the old threads I've come across that only the EX automatic is the only applicant for this product. But then again did HP redesign their header? In Feburary a thread said that HP was making a computor chip and remaking their header for other models such as LX and 5-speeds.
Has this been done?..anyone know?

I have a 2001 EX automatic, mine should be A-OK, correct?
There is an auction on ebay for the HP header both ceramic and chrome. I believe the seller is a member of our forums. He has many in stock and it is a dutch auction. Im very interested in bidding but I am skeptical.
My question is to all EX automatics with this header in ceramic form: Any problems installing? Did you have to shave the mounts? Basically, was the installing not a problem?
Thanks a lot!

Captain 06-11-2002 12:48 PM

Yes, you can put the HP on your auto ex. It's suppose to put out some serious power, well, for a header that is. I've got one in the mail. Gettin rid of the DC.[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Crashoveride 06-11-2002 01:07 PM

Hey man, whats the link to the auction?.

Mbow 06-11-2002 03:08 PM

The hp with high-flow cat should be hitting the streets by the end of the summer. I am waiting on it myself. I am going with the dc header for now and will sell it when the new hp comes out.

SQCivic 06-11-2002 03:18 PM

Will this be the HP high-flow cat setup that doesn't require cutting the engine mounts? Are they insuring a bolt-on fit ths time?

AceKicker 06-11-2002 06:47 PM

ok here u go guys here is all the info for ya. the hp hearders with high-flow cat is already out I have had it since maybe febuary, it fits almost perfect on our engines there are a few littel things wrong with it. NO u do not have to cut motor mounts. the onyl thing wrong with it is that u will have a little gap between the cat and the back exhaust part, and when u have to put ur sensors back in they will not go back in their original clips. but yes they make so good hp. i highly recommend them they chrome look good when u wear them in they get that burn look and it looks great but the ceramic have better flow. but get the high flow cat system not jsut the short stack hearder it will be a waste it u do that. but that is my info and yes i bought mine off of ebay for like $200 plus shipping but i got a deal on mine. So HP all the way.

Mbow 06-11-2002 10:05 PM

Ace--------we are not referring to the current design that has been out for months. There is a redesigned version coming out that is supposed to eliminate the fitment and engine light issues.

SLeePeR012 06-11-2002 10:20 PM

Crashoveride- go to ebay and type in : 01 civic hp
There is some time left.

2k1Miami 06-11-2002 10:33 PM

I have the header installed on my civic.(HP installed a prototype on my car) I also had the "racing" cat which I did not like (too loud and lost low end power). I installed a high flow cat insted. I really feel a difference with these headers specially at high rpm.

CapYoda 06-11-2002 10:36 PM

umm. the one on ebay doesn't seem like the ones with the highflow cat...

the seller is www.euroticelectronic.com whatever (those guys that kinda spammed the forum...) I specifically remember them stating they ran out of the ones with the highflow cat...

IMO, wait for the new version... I'm thinking about getting the new version too... just cuz people saying so much about it.. maybe its the last hope for bolt on power.

GourmetSpam 06-12-2002 03:22 AM

I wanna get the new version too but man are they taking their sweet time

ironcow 06-13-2002 11:24 AM

so is the one on e-bay not good to buy... its 200$ and thats hella cheaper then the dc....

i want to purchase one, and i dont want to miss the deal

HondaLuver 06-19-2002 11:11 PM

im goin to get the one on ebay that ends in like 4 days, so no one else bid on it. i don't wanna bid agains any one else. and they will put another one up as soon as this one finishes...

PeArlHoNdA 06-21-2002 01:16 AM

when does this new header come out?

PeArLhOnDa