Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Grrr, stupid Gude (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40071-grrr-stupid-gude.html)

DC5@EM2 06-10-2002 09:42 PM

Grrr, stupid Gude

I'm really starting to hate doing business with west coast companies. They seem to not even care whats going on with their companies. Sorry, i had to vent and I'll tell you why. First, I ordered my gude head package may 7, and yet still I have recieved nothing. They billed my credit card on may 8th, and I have called several times to try and find out what the hell is going on. The first time was on the 16th just to see if it has been shipped yet, but they told me that the head they were working on had a small crack in it and that they had to start all over again. I completely agree with this and gave them another two weeks without thinking twice, I completely understand that this $hit happens and I let them supposedly do there work. Then after about two and a half weeks, i called them again to get the tracking number, no luck; they said it was going out the next week because i called on a thursday and i guess they dont work on fridays. So, I was a little frustrated, but I dealt. Now, its rounding a month and a half and i have yet to see anything. I called them up on wednesday of last week and they still didnt know what was going on with my order, but they promised me that they would call me on thursday. Thursday comes and almost goes when I call them and no one yet still knows what I'm talking about with my order. I talk to Fay Gude and she assures me that she will sit down with mike gude; I guess the co-owner of gude performance; to get some more info on my lost order. She also told me that I should call back on monday and they will know what is going on. I call today, and YET they still dont know what's going on with my order, and i am talking to mike gude too! He said that he will call me tomorrow and if he doesn't i will call up once more, and if they dont have any info on my order, im cancelling the order and getting my money back. I know alot of people would have already given up on this but I will give them one more day and then thats it. Sorry for the long post but I just want to let everybody know on the forum that maybe gude isnt the company to go to. Ill keep you guys posted. So Pi$$ed off, its not even funny.

R3DF0G 06-10-2002 09:51 PM

This sounds EXACTLY like what JoeB16 posted about Gude's customer service "issues". I've heard in several different forums that Gude promises more than they can deliver. It's a shame to hear about that; Ihope it still works out for you, bro. Oh, and I thought they were in Miami, not the West Coast.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Spider883 06-10-2002 09:54 PM

and this is why i am haveing everything done that the gude packages says they do at my shop where i can watch them.

CapYoda 06-10-2002 10:08 PM

hmm. ouch.

sheeesh, if they ever find out what happens to ur order, they should compromise by lowering the price

fraga 06-10-2002 10:13 PM

GUDE....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] C0CK SUCKING MUTHA F UCKING B!TCHES. I hate people like that. The run-a-round.

2k2civicRAY 06-10-2002 10:22 PM

Refute the credit card bill dude.

CivicMexicano 06-10-2002 10:41 PM

You should talk with Import Builder they cand do some work on your head............

FamilyMan 06-11-2002 12:02 AM

Venom: I am feeling your pain. One reason I haven't sprung for a Gude pkg. No one, and I mean no one (except Holland at Python Injection) seems to know what the heck is going on with our 2K1s. Gude was all generic even when I asked them specific 2K1 questions. Nobody here where I live seems to know squat about our cars. Everytime I get something done, it's done wrong. I am SOOOOO frustrated. I'm sitting here with a dead ECM and nobody wants to step up and find out the problem. Just a bunch of finger pointing. I am tired of these punk shops thinking that everythings the same with our cars as with Civics in the past. GRRRRR! And my dealer is worse of all. If somebody had billed my card and then made me wait for a month & 1/2, I would be standing on their desk right now.

Jhonda 06-11-2002 12:27 AM

venoms civic
Just hang in there I got all my gude in today I ordered mine before you did so just give it a little time.
From what I can see everything looks pretty dam good on my head and stuff. It should be installed by friday but the latest by saturday, and dynoed some time next week when the ecu gets use to it. They kinda dicked me around about the tracking number also saying it had been sent off and it hadn't (it was someone elses) so they claimed but it will arrive. By the way when you get it let me know how many stud bolts came with it jason129@bellsouth.net is my email.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

TEKNIQ 06-11-2002 01:34 AM

Damn that Sucks!!! Thats one thing I hate about company the most.....GETTING THE RUN-A-ROUND[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Decamo 06-11-2002 10:48 AM

A month and a half and your still waiting? I think you can consider yourself ripped off. If they didn't have enough time to fill your order in a month and a half then they will never fill your order!

Threaten to sue and report them to the BBB. They should owe you for the amount plus interest accrued on your credit card. Or you can just dispute it with the credit card company.

It sounds like Gude is a company that can't deliver.

TwilightX 06-11-2002 11:28 AM

All those problems? Wow, and I thought they were a pretty big company with a good reputation...

DC5@EM2 06-11-2002 11:18 PM

Well, heres what happened today. I had to call them back when I got home from work. This was about 6:40pm central time and they still havent called me, which they PROMISED to do yesterday. Anyways, I talk to Mike Gude and he puts me on hold for 10 mins and then gets on the phone and tells me that there was a mix up with my order (NO $HIT!!) and he told me that they started working on a 2000 civic ex head when they realized that it was a 2002 ex, they had to start all over again. Once they did this, they found that cracked head that they told me about earlier and then they had to wait for another core head to come in. See, how hard was that to tell me the truth and everything would of been cool. But no, it took me a month and a half just to get that out of them. So, heres the good news i guess. They PROMISED me that it was shipped out last Friday, which would of been June 7th, going ups ground shipping. So, which if I'm correct, should appear at my door step either tomorrow or thursday of this week. Thats if it actually was shipped out on friday like they said. I guess we will have to see . . . . .

Bartkat 06-11-2002 11:30 PM

If they have to wait for a core head to come in from a customer before they can do one for another customer, then they are operating with no investment on their part. That is what, in these parts, we call a shoe string, jack leg operation. Their delivery time is going to depend on getting exchange parts in. That is one shitty way to do business.

DC5@EM2 06-11-2002 11:47 PM

yeah no $hit, im kinda pissed off about that. Oh and just to let you guys know, i have a dyno run setup for this weekend so ill be able to let you guys know the before and after of the head package.

FamilyMan 06-11-2002 11:53 PM

VeNoM: I think most everyone on the board would pay money to see those dyno runs. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Let's hope like heck that your hardware shows up. Good Luck man.

Bartkat 06-11-2002 11:58 PM

Family man,

You still have problems getting your ECU problem fixed?

FamilyMan 06-12-2002 12:01 AM

My stock pulleys will go back on tomorrow and then we will limp into a different dealer for some warantee work. I will keep you posted. Should be ready to race again on 6/21. Life is hard right now. The family is bumping around in the wife's Mustang Convertible. Not much of a family ride. 1 car sucks.