Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Update on Sedan Kaminari kit (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/39963-update-sedan-kaminari-kit.html)

revitcivic 06-10-2002 09:14 AM

Update on Sedan Kaminari kit

Here's the update...Since fri...

I went to Kaminari(Garden Grove, Ca) on Sat. to speak directly to the owner Pete. He was a cool guy, and reassured me that my car would be in good hands. He then gave me a tour of the place....all i have to say is......DAMN, I was like a kid in a candy store!!! Carbon Fiber hoods everywhere, body kits galore!!
He showed me the peices that were going to go on my car, I must say, pretty tight.
So here's EXACTLY what is going on it:
rear lip spoiler,
Sideskirts,
FULL bumper,
Grill???.

It's going to be a full bumper replacement, nothing too agressive, they basically just integrated the front spoiler from the coupe, and made a full bumper out of it. looks really clean.
As for the grill, well i have not decided on that one yet. They have a brand new grill and they want to put it on my car, but I already have the altezza type grill on it already, i have till the end of the week to decide if i want it on or not, who knows. It looks kinda like the OEM one, but without the "H". I'll see which one looks better.

so that's about it for now, i'll give another update at the end of the week, and definetly pics when it is complete.

Later.

Ps...all components are made of high quality urethane. SAY NO TO FIBERGLASS!!!!

netcbc 06-10-2002 09:16 AM

DAMN YOU.. you get a free kit, you are so dang lucky, i envy you immensly........ that so awesome, post some pics, i feel crapy now =(

Vizyun 06-10-2002 10:05 AM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: You're my HERO!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Krepoort 06-10-2002 10:10 AM

Sweet. Good luck man. Try to get some pics of the place. :)

SPC reprezent!

-Kre

pounds 06-10-2002 10:28 AM

how did you manage to get the free kit? sorry if i missed something!

andypanda 06-10-2002 10:34 AM

i wish i could get my kit for free

SQCivic 06-10-2002 11:05 AM

Please find out if the full bumper will fit the Coupe. Also, does the full bumper NOT have the license plate frame on the front? Thanks and let me know.

AFlyer 06-10-2002 11:30 AM

man i'm jealous, it sucks living in colorado sometimes, but not very often :) it just sucks cause there's virtually no "import scene" around here.

vokals 06-10-2002 01:18 PM

I'm gettin a free kit too !!!!!! Then my mom woke me up and said that it's time to go to work !
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

SQCivic 06-10-2002 02:57 PM

vokals - LMAO!

By the way, I just talked to Kaminari and their new full bumper will fit the coupe. He told me they are still test fitting it now. I don't need the front license plate frame that the OEM bumper has so this works good for me.

Looks like I have a Kaminari front air dam for sell, brand new still in the box! :)

TEKNIQ 06-10-2002 04:01 PM

Damn, I have a Sedan & live only 5mins walking from Kaminari.....Beat me to the punch....

VNlilMAN 06-10-2002 04:06 PM

good thing their making a full bumper replacement because i like the kaminari kit, only thing is my bumpers messed up...

oh if you decide to get their grill, i'll be willing to take the altezza grill of your hands...

Alphezzie 06-10-2002 06:16 PM

I tried getting it too. I called that Ben guy but he wasn't there.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] Well, at least someone from here got it. Make sure you put some pics up on the forum when you get it back. We wanna seeeeeee.......[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Vizyun 06-21-2002 09:04 AM

Dude, where's the frickin' update?!? Us sedan owners are DROOLIN' over here . . . :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Crashoveride 06-21-2002 09:32 AM

Thats such a sweet deal. I would love to have a free kit, or even go for a tour of the place.
I so want to see some pics of the kit.

InanimateCarbonRod 06-21-2002 11:42 AM

Bring on the pics! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

DaCurryman 06-21-2002 06:55 PM

Werd...where are the pics? This kind of cock-tease is just cruel...

Oh Also, is the rear a full replacement or add-on? And also about the rear, is it designed for a single exhaust like the Octane kit, or is it for dual? (please say single) Thanx again...