Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Indiglo gauges with free sound ? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/39815-indiglo-gauges-free-sound.html)

thx1138 06-09-2002 05:57 AM

Indiglo gauges with free sound ?

Just installed my AC reverse Indiglo's. But when I turn them on I can hear a faint noise, that changes pitch whenever I change the gauge color and intensity. I guess this is the electronics in the control box. But are you really suppose to hear that noise ? Luckily, I'am at an age where my hearing is getting worse by the day so I don't hear it when I'm driving :susp:

SatinSilver2k1 06-09-2002 09:33 AM

where did you get them?
you're from europe so i assume you got them in km/h right?
i'm in canada and i think i want to get some...

sorry i don't have an answer to your problem..

thx1138 06-09-2002 10:06 AM

They have both mp/h and km/h. But the km/h is smaller. I just figured I'd get used to it. There aren't any km/h only for our rides as far as I know.

gliph 06-09-2002 10:36 AM

thx - i have some reverse gauges also and they do the same thing, its just very faint. i was reading some of the posts here about indiglo and all that, and it uses higher frequencies to change the color and brightness. i don't think its a big deal at all, i can only hear mine when i have the radio and the car off, but my lights are still on.

civicvtec1ps 06-09-2002 11:15 AM

off topic just give me suggestion.
ac indiglo gauge or genetic one off ebay?
which one looks good
installtaion for ac hard ?

01civicboi 06-09-2002 11:20 AM

that's normal. it's part of the indiglo process i think. i used to have those AC gauges as well and noticed the sound. my old cell phone did that too (motorola timeport). i wouldn't worry about[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

thx1138 06-09-2002 12:07 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: civicvtec1ps
off topic just give me suggestion.
ac indiglo gauge or genetic one off ebay?
which one looks good
installtaion for ac hard ?[hr]
If you take the sites DIY as a guide you shouldn't have any problems installing the AC gauges. Putting them over the needles and applying the double-sided tape is the hardest part, but you can do that in the comfort of your home. Take your time. As for other brand gauges, that depends. It's a matter of taste really. I really like the inverse on these. At day they are just white face, and and nite the markings come out more. And you can switch to several colors.

OmegaBlue2k1 06-09-2002 01:03 PM

Yea, it totally normal, i know someone else said so already but it is. I went form regualr indiglo gauges to reverse style and back to regular ones. Teh niose you hear is the frequwncy of the current color your gauges light up at. If you want to get really technical you can figure out what parts you need (capacitores, resistors, and a dial) and you could literally set it to any color you wanted granted that the indiglo is capable of reproducing that color. Both sets mad the noise so dont worry, but if you think that noise is a concern, I have an indiglo tail emblem, and that thing sounds about 4 or 5 times louder than the gauge transformer does. IF you open the trunklid when its on, you can hear it from about 5 feet away clearly....

Krepoort 06-10-2002 10:17 AM

Yep..I get the noise on mine as well. You really dont notice it after initially hearing it.

-Kre

vipergtsr 06-10-2002 06:11 PM

I agree. I heard it too the first time i turned them on but now that I have had them for a while i don't even hear it.