Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Pic of HID Projectors (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/39808-pic-hid-projectors.html)

O1Coupe 06-09-2002 04:28 AM

Pic of HID Projectors

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cmin4/AUT_0594a.jpg

O1Coupe 06-09-2002 04:29 AM

That wasn't real HID :) PIAA Super Plasma bulbs.... for those of you who want HIDs just for the sake of looks... there's a much cheaper alternative!

joe 06-09-2002 04:35 AM

does it light up the road pretty good?

BLUENVY01 06-09-2002 04:37 AM

looks good from where im sittin, even if its only PIAA bulbs. damn, imagine wut it would look like with REAL HID!!!! holy sh!t...

O1Coupe 06-09-2002 04:38 AM

Absolutely.......... not. H3s are not adiquate for lowbeam headlamp usage... plus.. these aren't like GOOD projectors made by Hella or something.. its like the rest, made in tiwan krap...

Silver2k1Dood 06-09-2002 05:21 AM

Those are some of the best HID-imitation bulbs I've seen. too bad PIAA bulbs are so expensive and over-rated.

netcbc 06-09-2002 06:55 AM

what did you change your fog light bulbs too? h11? cause my friend can't frind any h11 bulbs for his oem fog lights

CivicVTec 06-09-2002 09:40 AM

looks good....too bad i cant have projector....cause my HID bulbs are different than yours[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

DownTheHatch 06-09-2002 12:42 PM

The H3 super plasmas are the closest to HID yet, especially in a projector housing. Unfortunately H3's are not bright enough for driving lights, they are for fog lights, this is why I don't reccomend getting a projector headlight that uses H3's, I don't know if they make any aftermarket projectors that accept 9007's or H4's which are more sufficient for driving lights, but I know that factory projector usually have 9007's (L-shaped bulbs).

For those of you in the market for PIAA's, they just released a new model, the Super Plasma GT, this model is 30% brighter than the Super Plasma yet keeps the transient purple glow.

www.piaa.com

Voiceofid 06-09-2002 02:30 PM

last time i checked, the tyc projectors uses h1 :)

but i must admit, you had me fooled there for a second, i can usually tell it isn't hid off the bat. or maybe it's just ur camera. then i realized it didn't have enough glares

LeroyBrown 06-09-2002 04:51 PM

i'm not f*cking with my bulbs.. my friend bought hiper white bulbs because he couldn't afford HID's and they blew within a month.. furthermore, they fried his whole headlights- he had to rewire it all himself just to make the headlights turn on.. even worse, they don't turn off.. he has to pop the hood and disconnect the battery every time he gets out of his car at night..

for me, it's HID's or nothing.

Silver2k1Dood 06-09-2002 07:18 PM

[hr]my friend bought hiper white bulbs because he couldn't afford HID's and they blew within a month.. furthermore, they fried his whole headlights- he had to rewire it all himself just to make the headlights turn on.. even worse, they don't turn off.. he has to pop the hood and disconnect the battery every time he gets out of his car at night.. [hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]WTF?? Dude, that is so ghetto[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Booohahaha 06-10-2002 01:26 AM

hahahaha
well if u ask me im starting to get annoyed at all the guys with bulbs man
some of them are soo bright their starting to hurt my eyes
some of them also look like they got their High beams on!
i hate it
makes my eyes waterie...any one have that same problem

iamfob 06-10-2002 10:22 AM

ya my Showoff bulbs burned out less than a month...lucky it didnt shatter and make me clean the Sh!t in the housing...i am going back with stock bulbs and no worry...will save up for a HID kit

supYO 06-10-2002 10:30 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: Booohahaha
hahahaha
well if u ask me im starting to get annoyed at all the guys with bulbs man
some of them are soo bright their starting to hurt my eyes
some of them also look like they got their High beams on!
i hate it
makes my eyes waterie...any one have that same problem[hr]

WTF YOU"RE ONE OF THOSE guys
lol
hahahaha
joker