Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   OBX Strut & AEM SRI (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/39463-obx-strut-aem-sri.html)

BlueFlame 06-06-2002 06:05 PM

OBX Strut & AEM SRI

Does anybody know if these two components will fit together? I searched, but had no luck with this particular combination.

Also, does anybody reccomend anything different? I've heard conflicting arguments about the strut bars, and I've mostly decided to go with the OBX because it looks really good, it's inexpensive (I can get it for under $50 shipped), and Allman uses it - that should sell itself right there, heh heh. And the AEM SRI because I have an Auto, and I've heard good things about the AEM.

If anyone knows something I should know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks ..

Cheers! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

HShadow 06-06-2002 06:34 PM

I think any strut will work. I have the cheap strut under my hood and it works great. As for intakes, AEM or Injen you will be safe with. Have heard nothing but great things from both, although it looks as if the injen SRI sits lower at the intake opening then the AEM.

djlunatic 06-06-2002 06:59 PM

if you're sold on an obx stur bar you'll have problems with an aem sri or cai . if you want an obx strut bar you'll need an injen intake system. aem won't fit.

DarkCivic 06-06-2002 07:23 PM

DJ Lunatic is right, it won't fit together. I have an Injen SRI and am putting the OBX strut in this weekend. The "hump" on the AEM will interfere with the OBX strut bar.

Bartkat 06-06-2002 08:47 PM

I believe the OBX intake will also fit with the OBX strut bar. The OBX appears to have a similar shape at the throttle body and doesn't come up high like the AEM.

TOOLOWCIVIC 06-06-2002 11:10 PM

If you have and AEM cold air then you will need either a DC Sports or a Neuspeed stur bar. Those are the only ones that I know will fit.

BlueFlame 06-07-2002 12:25 AM

Alright, then I guess I'll have to switch something. It'll probably be wither of these two choices:

1. AEM SRI and Neuspeed Front Strut
2. Injen SRI and OBX strut

Any ideas on either of these combos? I suppose a third option would be to scrap my original plan entirely and just go Injen SRI and Neuspeed Front Strut. I did have this all figured out, now I'm so confused!! :susp:

ASWZero 06-07-2002 12:38 AM

I have a generic strut and an AEM CAI and it can fit. I should take a picture of my engine to show you guys. Common, I paid $30(plus shipping) and I got something just as good as a $150 one. DC and Neuspeed are not that stiff anyways(at least for the price). I'd rather get Spoon or Mugen for that price. Wonder when they will make it to the US. Anyone read Japanese here?

Bartkat 06-07-2002 06:06 AM

You are correct Blue Flame. Many of the generic bars will fit with the AEM. They are narrow enough to clear it. No use spending all that extra money for a "name".