Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   HEadlight BUlbs??? Which ones to buy??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38982-headlight-bulbs-ones-buy.html)

mullinad 06-03-2002 10:11 PM

HEadlight BUlbs??? Which ones to buy???

I have had my headlights cleared for a while and i am wondering what headlight bulbs work the best for producing a white pure white... i have searched and think its between piaa and sylvanias for the headlight, but what about turning bulbs and parking bulbs??? any opinions?

thanks

Mullinad

Mbow 06-03-2002 10:17 PM

I have the sylvania cool blues myself. The light is very bright and almost completely white. They are way better than the stock bulbs and are worth it for the increased night vision. The parking lights I got from the local tuner shop for about 9 bucks and they are some japanese brand. I just replaced the blinker bulbs with some of amber color.

Jadastyles 06-03-2002 11:55 PM

i have the xenon hyper blue ones, they look sweet man, our cars take the H4 bulbs or 9003

dragoon 06-04-2002 12:25 AM

i use nokyas - VERY blue, but i love the look. then again, my headlights are black. GE super blues and the sylvanias are good for white light, though, and cost a fraction of the piaa's

civicvtec1ps 06-04-2002 01:20 AM

i have xenon H4 , looks bright and great at night . i got it from target for 15 bucks for pair haaha so lucky hehe

luukass 06-04-2002 01:57 AM

I would be carefull with the xenon bulbs. I have already gone through two pair. They last for about 3 months in
my car and then explode. It is a pain when they do because I have to open up the headlight and clean the inside. I just got the piaa hyper-white 80/80's

NickDaMans02Civic 06-04-2002 02:12 AM

Explode I have PIAA too all around on my headlights and never had any of them explode on my old civic yes because water was soaking into the housing but that sounds kind of weird that they are exploding. But interesting

Nick

Jadastyles 06-04-2002 02:36 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: NickDaMans02Civic
Explode I have PIAA too all around on my headlights and never had any of them explode on my old civic yes because water was soaking into the housing but that sounds kind of weird that they are exploding. But interesting

Nick[hr]
i think you miss read he said xenon bulbs

Silver02EX 06-04-2002 02:38 AM

I have PIAA Super plasma... They only last a few months but they have a life time warrenty.... It's the closest you will get to real HID's... Produce that white/purple color.

Hefe 06-04-2002 02:42 AM

I have Polarg VIP Style H4's for my headlights (white/purple light)
and Polarg Hyper White turns....

they match perfect!!!!!!!!!
oh and i have some white LED's as my parking lights

CIVIlized 06-04-2002 03:47 AM

You should get the Piaa Extreme whites thats what i have they really look good.They look better the the other ones

wawacito 06-04-2002 12:55 PM

piaa's and polar G's were too expensive for me. I got a pair of Nokya arctic whites and they were soooo blue i loved them. But one of them blew out on my after 4 months. I replaced them with OptiBlue. They are more white and much less blue ... but they are BRRRRIIIIGGGGHHHTTTT. Supposedly they come with 5 year warrantee (said so on the website but the packaging didnt say anything about em).

NickDaMans02Civic 06-04-2002 02:09 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Jadastyles

[hr]Originally posted by: NickDaMans02Civic

Nick[hr]
i think you miss read he said xenon bulbs[hr]

Well I have had both in my car and my old 88 Civic and still never had them explode did have the crappy ones I bought at like Kmart just to get me home one night then they exploded a few days later but thats it.

Nick

mullinad 06-04-2002 08:44 PM

thanks ~ i think im going to go with the sylvania ~ id get the PIAA's but Im too poor...

ak 06-04-2002 09:25 PM

I use NOKYA Artic White. The cheapest bulbs ($20-25) that look like HID. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

sumama 06-06-2002 01:46 PM

so what was the point of this topic if you cant afford piaa's and the choice was betweeen sylvania and piaa's? next time dont post useless topics

Krepoort 06-06-2002 01:53 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: sumama
so what was the point of this topic if you cant afford piaa's and the choice was betweeen sylvania and piaa's? next time dont post useless topics[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Krepoort 06-06-2002 01:53 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: sumama
so what was the point of this topic if you cant afford piaa's and the choice was betweeen sylvania and piaa's? next time dont post useless topics[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]