Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   what shift knobs are comfortable? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38547-what-shift-knobs-comfortable.html)

mastercave 05-30-2002 02:25 AM

what shift knobs are comfortable?

I don't think this topic has been discussed before, nothing shows up in SEARCH results. Anyways, which shift knob shape do you guys think are most comfortable for a 5-speed? There's the normal stock shape, the ball, the long rod/shaft type, and the ones where the top is rounder and it get narrow at the bottom, like the indiglo type some people have. I've only used the stock one and I'm trying to decide on a shape. I like the look of the stick ones but I'm not sure if they are comfortable in terms of grip and such. I'm am leaning towards getting the last type I mentioned, one from razo.

Silver2k1Dood 05-30-2002 02:29 AM

This is really up to you, or rather, your hand...you'll have to actually try them out and see how they feel.

I personally like the Type-R style and the ball style...although I recently got a RSX Type-S knob and absolutely love it, plus, it matches the rest of my interior perfectly:tup::tup:.

NoBottleJustThrottle 05-30-2002 02:31 AM

I have the Momo Combat Shift Knob. I LOVE it. It has a shape that you can grip for aggressive driving. The way that you can grip it is that you can just smal the shift knob toward you for second gear, and push it into 3rd with ease. Its not some little skinny knob, its a nice thickness, enough to really grab and have total control over. That with my Short Shift Adapter = one hell of a fast shift.

NoBottleJustThrottle 05-30-2002 02:35 AM

<< I have the Momo Combat Shift Knob. I LOVE it. It has a shape that you can grip for aggressive driving. The way that you can grip it is that you can just smal the shift knob toward you for second gear, and push it into 3rd with ease. Its not some little skinny knob, its a nice thickness, enough to really grab and have total control over. That with my Short Shift Adapter = one hell of a fast shift. >>

since i was typing fast, im not too accurate. I ment on the second line there "...can grip it is that you can just *slam* the shift knob toward you..." Boy is my face red!
My bad,
Peace~

Toretto 05-30-2002 02:35 AM

i think the type R shift nobs
are straight they screw right
you dont have to mess with that 3 allen wrench sh!t...

Turismo

TEKNIQ 05-30-2002 02:36 AM

Go with the RSX knob.....Like Silver2k1dood said It matches your interior......Fits with your stock boot.......Is alot shorter(meaning:No more spilt sodas from hitting on long A$$ stock-knob).......And its a Hella-lot more confortable.....

FamilyMan 05-30-2002 02:55 AM

My opinion:
http://www.7thgencivic.com/old_attac.../ShiftKnob.jpg

<< I recently got a RSX Type-S knob and absolutely love it >>

I second that. Best mod yet, but get the KumoSport shifter bushings. Adds to the total effect.

FamilyMan 05-30-2002 02:57 AM

<< Is alot shorter(meaning:No more spilt sodas from hitting on knob) >>

Amen brother!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

mastercave 05-30-2002 03:09 AM

I will be getting the short shifter and bushings sometime this week, that's why I want a better looking shift knob for it. Now about the RSX knob, on the "Acura Carland" site, does anyone know how to let them know if it's a 5-spd and not the 6-spd knob I want? Both parts have the same numbers and price so I'm afraid they may get confused.

FamilyMan 05-30-2002 03:12 AM

I had to go to the Acura dealer and drag the parts lady out to a car on the lot, point to the shifter knob I wanted, and say "That is the one I want right there!" Probably more expensive that way. I know there were guys getting a much better deal than I got on it. Good luck!

TEKNIQ 05-30-2002 03:39 AM

<< I will be getting the short shifter and bushings sometime this week, that's why I want a better looking shift knob for it. Now about the RSX knob, on the "Acura Carland" site, does anyone know how to let them know if it's a 5-spd and not the 6-spd knob I want? Both parts have the same numbers and price so I'm afraid they may get confused. >>

I called the number and told the wherehouse manager I wanted the 5-speed....He said they had started to send them out anyways but I still made sure he took my order number......YOU'LL BE ADDING THIS TO YOUR BEST MODS LIST SHORTLY.......

Mystic77 05-30-2002 06:31 PM

i have the chrome, weighted type R shift knob... it feels a lot better than stock. the only draw-back is that when its hot outside the shift knob burns the crap out of your hand...