Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Nos Wet/dry Possible for 2k2 cars? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38364-nos-wet-dry-possible-2k2-cars.html)

SilverBUll8 05-29-2002 12:11 AM

Nos Wet/dry Possible for 2k2 cars?

I know there are post on this but i was unclear on it. I heard someone say that Civic 2002 ex needs Wet? is that ture. I dont know alot about cars i mean i can put some stuff in my self but as far as nos i dont know much. Besides a kit if i want to run 50 shot burst what will i need. I heard from one person i need a manafold? is that true. And if i have a wet injection do you think i can run 65 shot burst safely? And dose anyone know if venom will work with our cars it says it will work with 2k1 is there any i mean any differnce with our cars and 2k1? from what i know there isnt but i could be missing something please help.

SB

Spider883 05-29-2002 12:16 AM

the 2k1 and 2k2 are basicaly the same. just some minor changes in the interior and suspention. u need a wet nitrous kit for our cars bc the computer wont inject the need extra fuel. a wet kit will add the nitrous and fuel so the engine doesnt go lean. and there are 2 or 3 members here that are runing an 80 shot and are doing fine

black 05-29-2002 12:45 AM

:tup: good post spider [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

R3DF0G 05-29-2002 12:46 AM

yep, anything that works on the 2k1 powertrain will work on the 2k2.:tup:

JKEEZO 05-29-2002 02:06 AM

<< I know there are post on this but i was unclear on it. I heard someone say that Civic 2002 ex needs Wet? is that ture. I dont know alot about cars i mean i can put some stuff in my self but as far as nos i dont know much. Besides a kit if i want to run 50 shot burst what will i need. I heard from one person i need a manafold? is that true. And if i have a wet injection do you think i can run 65 shot burst safely? And dose anyone know if venom will work with our cars it says it will work with 2k1 is there any i mean any differnce with our cars and 2k1? from what i know there isnt but i could be missing something please help.

SB
>>

just to let you know most of the members here have 2k1's so dont say OUR cars reffering to the 2k2's [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

not me though, 2k2 all the way :)

answering your question... anything for the engine of the 2k1 will fit on the 2k2... just make sure you get stuff for the 2k1 ex

SilverBUll8 05-29-2002 07:58 AM

So is it true i need a new manafold(how ever the you spell it) or just a kit?

S P

black 05-29-2002 09:52 AM

You dont need a new manifold dude. Just install the nitrous with whats included in the kit.

plug n play, like windows... just visualize the crashes before they occur. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

:)

2cute 05-29-2002 11:33 AM

Our cars can not have a dry system. A lot if new cars can't. Zex kits say for all fuel injected cars but it doesn't work on a lot of cars that are new because they have a returnless fuel system. I know you can't run a dry system on most of the newer cars coming out.

SilverBUll8 05-29-2002 12:03 PM

I'm sure people send something about this. But venom says that it will work with our cars. well 2k1 cars. But then i read that venom 2000 one was a dry kit? and i was told we can only use wet kit? And using twice aday is that alot? or is that an ok amount. at 60 shot. I am just wondering cuase i want to get nos but i dont want to have my car last 2 years instead of 10 or how ever long hondas last [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG].

JKEEZO 05-29-2002 08:41 PM

<< I'm sure people send something about this. But venom says that it will work with our cars. well 2k1 cars. But then i read that venom 2000 one was a dry kit? and i was told we can only use wet kit? And using twice aday is that alot? or is that an ok amount. at 60 shot. I am just wondering cuase i want to get nos but i dont want to have my car last 2 years instead of 10 or how ever long hondas last [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]. >>

i hope you have a lot of money becuase in two years you wont get much money out of a car thats been blown by nitrous

but... ive heard with a 50 shot you shouldnt do it ... like 3 times a day

if i were you id just spray against tough competition... not worth it IMO (but im poor so....)

(you might want to use search on 'nitrous' or 'nos' and do some research)

delacampos 05-30-2002 10:42 AM

<< I'm sure people send something about this. But venom says that it will work with our cars. well 2k1 cars. But then i read that venom 2000 one was a dry kit? and i was told we can only use wet kit? And using twice aday is that alot? or is that an ok amount. at 60 shot. I am just wondering cuase i want to get nos but i dont want to have my car last 2 years instead of 10 or how ever long hondas last [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]. >>

even though the venom kit is a dry kit, it will work. it reads the o2 sensor and thats how it boosts fuel pressure.

SilverBUll8 05-30-2002 11:34 AM

I want to be able to shot at least 65 shot is it safer(well as safe as it can be) with a wet kit or with the venom? And does anyoone know the better kit for our cars?

delacampos 05-30-2002 01:22 PM

IMO, the NX kit is the way to go. I run a 75 shot. no problems at all. I've been spraying on my 2k1 for about a year. just as a warning, you should check out the Better Business Bureau. Venom has negative feedback regarding its service and products.

SilverBUll8 05-30-2002 01:24 PM

how much does it cost from NX? anyone know a web site where i could order it from?

delacampos 05-30-2002 01:50 PM

$460-$480 shipped

www.bottlefedracing.com
www.nitrouswarehouse.com
www.groupbuycenter.com

SilverBUll8 05-30-2002 03:19 PM

Thanks boss

black 05-30-2002 07:13 PM

:tup: