Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   What Kind Of Light To Get For my HeadLights (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38296-what-kind-light-get-my-headlights.html)

kenji4861 05-28-2002 05:01 PM

What Kind Of Light To Get For my HeadLights

I'm a total newbie, but about to do the DIY clearing headlights. I also wanted to get one of those brighter lights while I was at it.

Where can I find information on

what brightness is legal?
what is illegal?
what are good brands?

I read some posts on here, but all I pretty much know is that cheaper lights lasts less time than the expensive ones. Thanks for any information.

01SOHCcivic 05-28-2002 05:06 PM

um clear corners are illegal..............

unless you get a orange bulb put in there

Spider883 05-28-2002 05:26 PM

it depend on where u live for the clear corners. here in florida it is legal to have clear corners with either white or orange bulbs

01SOHCcivic 05-28-2002 05:34 PM

<< it depend on where u live for the clear corners. here in florida it is legal to have clear corners with either white or orange bulbs >>

oh i never knew that
up in canada anything clear is illegal

VTECnique 05-28-2002 05:39 PM

cops won't mess with u for clear corners...
get either PIAA bulbs for the marker and signal lights, and i would suggest Catz for the headlights. Catz makes awesome bulbs, PIAAs burn out too easily.

civicvtec1ps 05-28-2002 05:47 PM

xenon is good but its illegal bright as hell thohgh i am using it right now

pbfoot 05-28-2002 06:19 PM

i have xenon blue bulbs, got them from jcwhitney. they work great, but id stick with the stock wattage (60/55). you dont want to melt your wires and or other electrical stuff. :shake: other than that, i dont think cops will stop you for clear corners unless youre doing something else wrong. i guess it depends on the state, but theyre not that an@l in NJ yet. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Mbow 05-28-2002 06:32 PM

I see a lot of hondas running completely clear headlights, blinker and all. I used to as well. Never had a problem. I cleared my vics lights but put an amber bulb in for the blinker. I have sylvania cool blue 9003s in the headlights. They were 15 bucks a piece at PepBoys. I put another hiper white light in the parking lights but got those from the local tuner shop and they were some japanese brand or something.

I wouldn't buy the real expensive sets. I paid 30 bucks for a pair and they are awesome.

Damian2k1 05-28-2002 06:51 PM

I have clear headlights and PIAA Xtreme blinkers, H4's and park lights.....never been pulled over once for them.

NickDaMans02Civic 05-28-2002 08:14 PM

Same as me Xtreme's all around the clear headlights no issues, well the crapy parking lights burned out but oh well they were under warranty

Nick

SpacemanBob 05-28-2002 08:20 PM

not only are clear corners illegal in most states, but also most states require you to have an amber reflector on the side of your car near the front..... if you clear your headlights you will have a clear reflector.