Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   CAM GEARS? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38236-cam-gears.html)

Ken2oo2 05-28-2002 01:08 AM

CAM GEARS?

does anyone have any cam gears in their car?
do you feel any difference?
what kind of cam gears should i get for?

thanks for the help
KeN

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

JBlazeVA 05-28-2002 01:31 AM

AEM

TEKNIQ 05-28-2002 02:01 AM

Hey JBlaze, Your not to good at answering questions....This guy asks for opinions on cam gears from owners & you just tell him AEM......Another guy asks specifically about the Thermal Exhaust & you tell him get a Skunk 2.......How about actually answering one of these questions instead of telling them what you like......If any one wanted to know what you liked maybe they would ask U, but most likely you would answer that question with another irrelevant answer.......

FamilyMan 05-28-2002 02:50 AM

I'm not sure, but I don't think AEM has the cam gear ready for our cars yet. Not sure anyone does.

JBlazeVA 05-28-2002 03:02 AM

<< Hey JBlaze, Your not to good at answering questions....This guy asks for opinions on cam gears from owners & you just tell him AEM......Another guy asks specifically about the Thermal Exhaust & you tell him get a Skunk 2.......How about actually answering one of these questions instead of telling them what you like......If any one wanted to know what you liked maybe they would ask U, but most likely you would answer that question with another irrelevant answer....... >>

haterism...it IS true that i say my opinions, but i'm entitled to my own opinion too man....

and just to make Tekniq happy...here's an answer to your question Ken2oo2...i personally don't have aftermarket cam gear on my civic right now because i really don't think anyone has come out with any yet....the difference will be felt of course only after it is installed and tuned right by someone who knows how to tune it right....and for the AEM cam gear, those are coming out in couple of months.....trust me, get the AEM ones....

Victor

1028CiViC 05-28-2002 03:07 AM

aem cam gears are not out yet...

CivicEX2k1 05-28-2002 03:11 AM

it's kinda funny u peeps are talkin about our civic's cam gear"S"![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Our civics are SOHC... only one CAM... thus we only have one cam gear. You can get any cam gear you like, they are all pretty much the same (you are just buying the brand). In terms of performance, you can get more top end power from your motor, but u sacrafice power at the other end (and vice versa for low end power).

EDIT: my bad, the SI is dohc, thus it has cam gears

FamilyMan 05-28-2002 03:22 AM

<< it's kinda funny u peeps are talkin about our civic's cam gear"S"![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Our civics are SOHC... only one CAM... thus we only have one cam gear.
>>

I think if you go back and take a look: I said cam gear.

1028CiViC 05-28-2002 03:23 AM

yea..one cam gear..not one cam

TEKNIQ 05-28-2002 04:01 AM

That sucks AEM isn't out yet for us....Thanks for answering in more detail JBlaze...Sorry, I didn't mean to hate but I see more & more of this everyday...I don't mind opinions, but when someone asks about a certain product specifically(thermal R&D), then the answer should involve that product & not ones personal preference(unless being used in comparison)...Again, I don't mean to hate & I apologize....... AEM does make good cam gears for cars though...I can't wait until they're out for us..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

IDQcivic 05-28-2002 11:27 AM

I preordered my AEM cam gear from JC whitney alreayd, I got a thing in the mail that says it is shipping June 13. I will post about it when I get it, thanks!

TEKNIQ 05-28-2002 11:56 AM

Did you have to pay in full to preorder or just a deposit????How much????

IDQcivic 05-28-2002 12:23 PM

They just authorized my credit card but won't charge my until it ships. It was like 149 with tax I think...

nongv 05-28-2002 01:26 PM

it thought it was out already. it is only for preorder?

TEKNIQ 05-28-2002 04:16 PM

Thanks IDQcivic[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

VTECnique 05-28-2002 05:43 PM

i shoulb be getting them this week

IDQcivic 05-29-2002 11:44 AM

What do you mean when you say "them" our cars only need one gear, also its not out yet!! rear my post above its not shipping until june 13th!!!