Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Smoke Lens paint? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38223-smoke-lens-paint.html)

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-28-2002 12:18 AM

Smoke Lens paint?

Where would you get this item? And if there isnt any around VA.. where should i look for a shop to smoke my tails? a body shop? A motorsport shope?

Exbauer 05-28-2002 12:26 AM

somebody said you can get it at a craft shop like hobby lobby.

01civ01 05-28-2002 12:34 AM

i got the smoke lens paint at one of these local "speed shops" it was $15 and looks sick.

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-28-2002 12:38 AM

sigh.. any from md or va that knows of any place? i looked at pep boys.. trash auto.. i meant track auto.. and a couple of motorsports place.. still cant find one... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-29-2002 01:45 AM

sigh can anyone tell me where i can find them!?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Pedrito 05-29-2002 09:42 AM

umm...i dont know about smoking tails or headlamps i kno about painting them...FLAT BLACK...that is what i did...good luck to anyone that is doing their tailamps...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

cable 05-29-2002 12:02 PM

you can get it at a lot of places...i picked it up from a local shop, but they have it online

derek had that a long time ago, but he got it from a place that carried several kinds...ask him what online place he went to...

cable 05-29-2002 12:04 PM

found it, here's a link...

link

i had some cheap kind, this is decent...i think

trevor 05-29-2002 05:46 PM

Nice cable.....:tup:.........
Has Anyone done this??:tup:......
I hate my red tails,.....but like the light pattern, and hate the altezza's....(cf ok..but light pattern:barf[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Do you spray the outside of the light???
or the inside??....
thanks, Trevor[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

RobearRacing 05-29-2002 06:01 PM

I have all the sprays..$20 plus S/H
Black , Red, Yellow, etc...Smoked...

Just call to order

Thanks
Rob

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-29-2002 07:06 PM

im wondering the same thing as trevor. Tornactive.... are those sprays high heat resistant.. will they fade?

trevor 05-29-2002 07:18 PM

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]........
I just got off the phone w/ rob......(he's gonna get annoyed w/ me pretty soon:laugh[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG].......
He said it would be best to do the inside of the tails(thats a pain though)....but you can spray the outside and he said it last for a while, you might have to re spray once a year or so........
heat resistent??....ohh, you want to do the headlights???......(do worry about heat on the tails)...or at least the outside[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-29-2002 07:27 PM

no i want the tail lights... im just wonderin if itll wash off if it rains....

trevor 05-29-2002 07:41 PM

no it won't wash off in the rain (per: Rob w/ torn.).....
I would just sugest not scrubbing your tails w/ a wire brush or anything......
I think I might go for it[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG].....wish someone else has tried it though....know what I'm sayin?.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-29-2002 07:59 PM

yea me too.. lol I KNOW SOMEONE MUST HAVE!!? err i think smoked tail lights would look better than altezzas

cable 05-30-2002 09:02 AM

i had this on my old 4Runner, but i had some cheap kind. like, the darker i sprayed it (smoked out completely), the less shiny my tails got. and i had to use some thinner to get it off at the end

BUT, im assuming this stuff is better since you can peel it off and its a better brand.

but when i had it, it lastest through the weather and all. no problems

looked pretty cool, all blacked out.

cable 05-30-2002 09:03 AM

spray the outside of the tails...pain in da ass to spray inside, dont know how it would look though..may be nice since you retain the high shine on the outside...but typically you spray the outside

oh, ask derek if he can post some of his old pics because he's done it before and had pics posted awhile back, but he's mad busy i think

Bartkat 05-30-2002 12:30 PM

Just get some dark window film and cut and shrink it to fit over your tail lights. Put it on just like you would on the windows, only on the outside. It won't come off unless you want to take it off using solvents.

trevor 05-30-2002 02:32 PM

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:.......good call barkat,....
I just want my tails BLACK!!!!........
Im gonna have to firgure something out:susp::susp::susp:
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

ce01cvcex 05-30-2002 03:15 PM

pimpdakota's tails were smoked, kinda sad hes selling his ride though

cable 05-30-2002 03:30 PM

i dont think the film will be as "clean" looking as the spray.