Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   wipers (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38185-wipers.html)

Wanger 05-27-2002 09:52 PM

wipers

well i kept on getting streaks like 2 weeks after i got new blades... so i got some bosch microedge excels... but now 2 weeks later... same thing... i when up to BC "3hr" drive, constant rain... but the end of that drive, theres heavy streaking... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] what could be wrong? help plz?

OmegaBlue2k1 05-27-2002 10:05 PM

Try dressing your widows with that Rain-x stuff, mine did the same thing with stock wiper blades, but when i windex-ed them all, and applied that stuff with a clean paper towel, streaks dissapeared, another great thing about that stuff is that in rain once your goin over 30 the rain just runs up off the windsheild from the air pressure, no need to worry about your blades leavin streaks at all!

SatinSilver2k1 05-27-2002 10:48 PM

get the PIAA wipers...soo good:tup:

NickDaMans02Civic 05-27-2002 10:51 PM

I haven't heard a whole lot about the PIAA wipers, how much do they run?

Nick

Wanger 05-28-2002 02:52 AM

i'll try the windex tomorrow, thx, i'll let you know how it goes.

O1Coupe 05-28-2002 03:49 AM

Bosch Microedge sucks, I have them too, and they streak like hell... way way way worse than stock.

As for PIAAs, I'm sure they are great, but I refuse to pay $100CDN for a set of wiper blades!

Wanger 06-08-2002 06:30 AM

well the rainx made it worse, now it hops everywhere [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] i want new blades now.. anyone heard of the tephlon ones by trico?.. any good?

Bartkat 06-08-2002 08:15 AM

Some people like Rainx, but when I tried it ie smeared like hell. Had a tough job getting it all off.

And shucks, I just ordered the Bosch blades. However my stock blades are still good, just wanted some backups. I found some "Professional Glass Cleaner" that foams. After a car wash, I clean twice with the glass cleaner and no problem with streaks, (except when you get bugs).

Wanger you might want to try some of that cleaner, most any foaming cleaner in spray can, not the pump bottle stuff.

Bartkat 06-08-2002 08:17 AM

"As for PIAAs, I'm sure they are great, but I refuse to pay $100CDN for a set of wiper blades! "

I saw the PIAA's for about $35 a set US. Not sure how much that is CDN.

dragoon 06-08-2002 03:36 PM

yep, the foaming cleaner stuff works pretty well - I have stock wipers on a clean surface and they work fine.

Wanger 06-08-2002 07:36 PM

foam cleaner huh?... what brand? or is any brand ok?

thx everyone!

SmoothOperator 06-08-2002 10:52 PM

After you apply Rain-X and it gets all hazy...use a clean cloth to buff it out. Whenever I apply it, I have no problems. That stuff is awsome. Especially if you do a lot of highway driving.

Mex 06-08-2002 11:17 PM

I agree.. Rain-X is well worth the effort, especially if most of your driving is done at 50mph+. I don't even need to use my wipers when travelling on the highway. if it's still hazy then you're not buffing it enough. I would probably spend 4-5 minutes buffing the rear window alone.. so if you do a good job with the application then :tup:

blackcivic07 06-09-2002 01:54 AM

piaa wipers all the way, may cost a bit, but if you ask me it's worth it to SEE!!! last thing i want is to crash my car cause i can't see out my windsheild cause it's all hazy, rain-x sux, piaa wipers come with a silcone aplicant that you put on, then everything is all good!! PIAA ROCKS!!
peace [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

neoretromax 06-09-2002 02:32 AM

ive had the bosch blades for about 8 months now and i havent noticed any problems. it must be something else you guys get on the blades, for example if you use rain x it can get on the blades and reduce their effectiveness, any silicone product on the blades will make them chatter, and if you wax a lot, some residue can get on the blades and produce the same effect. As for me, i just wipe the blades down with a soapy sponge every time i wash the car, and thus all problems are eliminated.

Wanger 06-09-2002 03:18 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: blackcivic07
piaa wipers all the way, may cost a bit, but if you ask me it's worth it to SEE!!! last thing i want is to crash my car cause i can't see out my windsheild cause it's all hazy, rain-x sux, piaa wipers come with a silcone aplicant that you put on, then everything is all good!! PIAA ROCKS!!
peace [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][hr]
this silicon stuff you put on your wipers?

pdxbiker 06-09-2002 07:20 PM

You can also use window strippers or window polish to fix your problem. These products will re-condition your windows making them perfectly smooth and clean.

Bartkat 06-09-2002 07:27 PM

Can I get a stripper to come over and do my windows? :)

pdxbiker 06-09-2002 07:29 PM

I guess you can do that also

blackcivic07 06-09-2002 10:07 PM

[hr]this silicon stuff you put on your wipers?[hr]
no, you apply it on your clean windsheild, then you gotta run your wipers for like 5 mins dry to spread the stuff out evenly, the piaa wipers are the best! not to mention you can get them in carbon fiber [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

supYO 06-10-2002 10:32 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: blackcivic07

[hr]this silicon stuff you put on your wipers?[hr]
no, you apply it on your clean windsheild, then you gotta run your wipers for like 5 mins dry to spread the stuff out evenly, the piaa wipers are the best! not to mention you can get them in carbon fiber [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

peace [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][hr]
i think its more the silicone wipe you rub all over the windshield that does the job
i've had mine for a while now and i think the wipers are generally crappy

Wanger 06-10-2002 06:34 PM

can you buy this silicon wipe by itself without buying the piaa wipers?

blackcivic07 06-11-2002 05:21 PM

don't think so, and why you say they are crappy supyo? i haven't had any probs with mine, had them on my car for like 6 months, and they went through the winter with me, and it actually snows here...i don't know where you are from cause i'm too lazy to look...but maybe you just didn't treat them right, or you got a bad pair...i'm sure that the silicone is the majority of it, but the blades are also made of partly silcone...