Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   TYC RECALL (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/37692-tyc-recall.html)

Cristo 05-23-2002 07:01 PM

TYC RECALL

JUst talked to a guy that sells TYC products.....he said that there recalling all of their projectors for the 01-02 civic......and it will be another 2 months before the ship out new ones.....So be careful on ebay....people will be trying to sell you bad headlights......... This really sux cause I know ALOT of us have been waiting for the new chrome ones to come out

VNlilMAN 05-23-2002 07:19 PM

do you know why they have a recall on them?

Cristo 05-23-2002 07:41 PM

I have no clue

pinkytoe 05-23-2002 07:57 PM

thats not true- actually im guessing you were talking to a guy selling them- so he wanted you to buy from him- because he "supposedly" has the new versions or whatever- i dont know- but i just called tyc- no recalls whatsoever- so everything is okey doke-
tony

JSWhaler 05-23-2002 08:01 PM

ya I would think if there was a recal or some sort of major problems we would have heard about it on this website

Voiceofid 05-23-2002 09:27 PM

i doubt it's true unless there is internet prove or an authenticated article

Cristo 05-23-2002 10:26 PM

<< thats not true- actually im guessing you were talking to a guy selling them- so he wanted you to buy from him- because he "supposedly" has the new versions or whatever- i dont know- but i just called tyc- no recalls whatsoever- so everything is okey doke-
tony
>>

Nooooooope YUR wrong!.........I called him today to order tyc projectors and he told me that he didnt have ANY in stock and wouldnt have ANY in stock for another 2 months because TYC recalled everything he had....Now why would this guy WHO is in the bussiness of MAKING MONEY LIE TO ME and not sell me a product that would MAKE HIM MONEY ???? hmmmmm....... Maybe there not making this public because they dont want YOU the consumer to find about this.....:eek: ..........Which is the reason why I posted this in the first place

XoULaBeAT 05-23-2002 10:30 PM

sh!t happens. didn't our 2k1s once been recalled before too?

good thing i didn't buy any TYCs yet.. was planning to about to get it too.

waiting for a good price for the CHROME TYCs... so sexy!

Voiceofid 05-23-2002 10:35 PM

<<

Nooooooope YUR wrong!.........I called him today to order tyc projectors and he told me that he didnt have ANY in stock and wouldnt have ANY in stock for another 2 months because TYC recalled everything he had....Now why would this guy WHO is in the bussiness of MAKING MONEY LIE TO ME and not sell me a product that would MAKE HIM MONEY ???? hmmmmm....... Maybe there not making this public because they dont want YOU the consumer to find about this.....:eek: ..........Which is the reason why I posted this in the first place
>>

i am sure if there was a recall, rob from tornactive would've already told us now. did you consider that he was actually out, and to prevent you from other it somewhere else, that he fabricated the whole thing so you would think everyone else won't have it either?

Zolutar 05-24-2002 01:50 AM

heheh people can be so gullable.

I beleive nothing out of a salesman's mouth. PERIOD. Time and time again I know more about the product than the idiot selling it. when I do find a guy who knows his stuff, I will buy from him because I trust him, because he actually cares enough about what he is selling to know it. Problem is 95% of the people out there dont. and they will tell you ANYTHING to make a buck, and maybe he has a tonne of OBX projectors to dump.

like voiceofid put it....he doesnt want you to buy from someone else. chances are his supplier is out and wont be getting any for awhile. It sucks for him too.

There is NO recall on TYC products. Untill I hear it directly from genera, or see a ntsb article relating to it, its a pure total LIE!

TEKNIQ 05-24-2002 02:27 AM

He's probably out and won't get some in for a while and doesn't want you to go else ware. Call the company yourself and find out the TRUTH about the recall, if there really is any....