Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   ATgrill (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/37634-atgrill.html)

TylerH26 05-23-2002 10:20 AM

ATgrill

I just recieved my brand new ATgrill in the mail. and migh i add that it is a gret looking grill a ta great looking price[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] as soon as i become a full member i will post some pics. until then i must look in aw at evryone else tight ride

AllEyezOnMe 05-23-2002 10:48 AM

where did u get it from and how much? [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Hedonism 05-23-2002 10:57 AM

you better paint the hell out of it before you put it in, i have one and its rusts really quick.: i put like 3 primer coats and 3 silver coats a 3 clear coats and it still rusted

mattymatt 05-23-2002 11:59 AM

I bought an ATgrill and might I add that the grill is the biggest piece of junk
that I have ever bought. It has jagged edges that scratch up my car putting
it on. I can't see how you can say that it's a nice grill.:tdown::tdown:

Lianjie 05-23-2002 01:29 PM

dude the grill is a piece of $hit, no one should ever buy from them.... not only is it junk, but it will rust on u after a few days of rain, so u might want to clear coat it or something... i put a few scratches on my bumper also cus i didnt take it off...they aren't noticeable tho... anyways, the grill is junk!

DaCurryman 05-23-2002 04:58 PM

Can someone post a pic of the type of grill they are talking about? Thanx.

~ DaCurryman

TylerH26 05-23-2002 07:59 PM

I didn't know it was gonna rust,[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]did dereck take his off, he is on the atgrill.com website, sh*t i can't believe it's gonna rust i guess i will try it and if it gets bad, then o well, there goes 55 bucks
:shake::shake:don't i feel like an[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

AlexLx 05-23-2002 09:35 PM

so is it safe to assume that Grillcraft is better? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

iamfob 05-23-2002 11:12 PM

what's the difference between the RS grill and the ATgrill? thanks for telling me the ATgrill are Sh!t so i wont even bother looking at them

RSXtypeIvtec 05-23-2002 11:17 PM

the atgrill grill is definitly a piece of $hit!!
but oddly.......ive had mine for over 5 months and not a single rust on it?? and never put any paint on it either??
but yes it did scratch up my car very badly!!
I heard before they started making nice grills with the same mesh grillcraft uses, and they surrounded the sides with something so it wouldnt scratch up the car....i guess they stopped that too.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

Hedonism 05-25-2002 12:51 PM

now you have a copy of the grill just go out and get some new mesh, stuff that wont rust and copy it.

sumama 05-28-2002 01:10 AM

i haven't even put mine on, but when i first got it, i knew it was gonna rust quickly and the grill looks like a piece of fence. Also, it doesnt looke anything like the picture. ATgrill....not a good gril even if you only had to pay for shipping.

2K1SilverHX 05-28-2002 02:19 AM

I went to home depot and bought the wire mesh (concrete lath actually), primered it white.... and cut the black crap out of my front end... came out real nice. took me about 1.5 hrs... not bad. It's been on for 2 months now with no rust. I'm happy

2K1SilverHX 05-28-2002 02:19 AM

Oh yah and it cost me $2.50