Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   INSTALLING INJEN CAI ON AN AUTOMATIC (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/37423-installing-injen-cai-automatic.html)

civicsedanlx01 05-21-2002 08:43 PM

INSTALLING INJEN CAI ON AN AUTOMATIC

K...i just bought Injen CAI for my car... and I am concerned about installing it cause I heard from other people that it is really hard to install it ...Is this hard to do ie. cutting part of the wheel well and sh!t or is it an easy DIY? I searched but didn't find an answer to it ...thanx [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

VNlilMAN 05-21-2002 08:46 PM

you do know that the sri is better then cai for our autos right?

civicsedanlx01 05-21-2002 08:49 PM

r u serious

civicsedanlx01 05-21-2002 08:59 PM

why is sri better for autos?

Crashoveride 05-21-2002 09:17 PM

I am running an Injen SRI on an Auto. I love it.

Voiceofid 05-21-2002 09:18 PM

they did a few test, and found that the cai for the auto actually lose hp

civicsedanlx01 05-21-2002 09:33 PM

I guess im screwed with hp, now I am feeling really bad that I bought it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] that really sucks. anyways back to my question.

civicsedanlx01 05-21-2002 09:34 PM

Voiceofid what kind of intake you got?

Voiceofid 05-21-2002 09:36 PM

injen sri:)

don't feel abd about the purchase, it's not like it will give us much horsies anyway, it's more for looks and the sound and the feeling knowing that you got a cai, that's counts:tup:

semperficivic 05-21-2002 09:40 PM

:susp:I am convinced that no matter what you want to do to your car, someone on this site will say its a bad idea.
I have the cia on my auto and I love it, its your car do what you want to do.

Didn't dyno it before after, but I feel a difference and it sounds great. It wasn't to hard to install, the hardest part was taking the stock intake off. Go to the diy section and look at removeing your bumper. I think its under clearing your headlights. Follow those instructions and then the ones that come with the intake and you should be fine.

civicsedanlx01 05-21-2002 09:41 PM

thanks. I kinda feel better that I can fall back on sound and looks. how much hp did it lose?

>>>>>> Voiceofid they did a few test, and found that the cai for the auto actually lose hp

BigWing 05-21-2002 09:49 PM

Hey, i got Weapon-R SRI.... i had a injen cai n i heard my friends weapon-r on his car.. and it soudned mint, so i sold the injen n moved on to the weapon r...
if your woried about horse power, i think injen might be better, but intake dosent do much and the soudn is mint, ask aroudn n listen to the difference.. well worth it

the weapon-r cai is alos very loud

-Big Wing

Voiceofid 05-21-2002 09:53 PM

you are looking at around maybe 1 or 2, won't know the difference, infact, you might gain some, consider the place they did the test is different from your place:) enjoy and have fun, that's what modding is huh?

civicsedanlx01 05-21-2002 09:58 PM

thanks guys. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

VNlilMAN 05-21-2002 10:16 PM

just to clear things up i was dissing him, i was just letting him know because i didn't think he knew and he didnt so...
and ya it really wouldn't be a big difference so its all good.

weapon r made an intake for our cars? how much was it? cause ya 200 for an intake that doesnt make much power is too much for me.

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-21-2002 11:28 PM

Umm i got CAI and i dont think i lost hp... CAI helps in the lower end power.. and SRI helps in the higher end.. Lower end is what our car needs. And I got Injen CAI and its not a hard install. Just pretty self explanitory.

OCTANECOUPE 05-22-2002 12:23 AM

ive got an auto with injen cai, harder than some intakes ive seen installed but still pretty easy. just followthe directions(i say that but i only looked at the pics). theres no cutting anything, just force the bottom half of intake through the opening and once in place it should all line up. i had to slightly adjust the way my battery was sitting but it was no biggie. and love the way it sounds, IMO a good mod hope this helps

Bartkat 05-22-2002 02:36 AM

Doesn't that CAI come in two sections. Can't you just leave of the last section, put the filter on the short section and have a SRI?

civicsedanlx01 05-22-2002 10:22 AM

what does low end power mean? sorry im still a noob

Bartkat 05-22-2002 12:28 PM

Automatics are a little slow to get off the line. So if you get more power at the low end of the RPM range it will help you get going a little faster. High end power would be in the upper RPM range and would give you a little more pulling power right before your shift points.

But, a CAI or SRI doesn't really help all that much, so most people go with what makes the sound that is most pleasing to them. That seems to be the "best" part about intakes.