Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   revo vs. adapter...round 2...fight! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/37201-revo-vs-adapter-round-2-fight.html)

ChEe12iO 05-20-2002 11:28 AM

revo vs. adapter...round 2...fight!

okay ppl, i know everyone is supporting the revo and the kumosport bushings and all, but exactly makes the revo better over an adapter? check it:

Revo short shifter
DC Sports Short shift adapter
Kumosport bushings

=WOW! shorter throw, shorter shifter height

Cut stock shifter
Neuspeed/DC/Solo short shift adapter
Kumosport bushings

=same thing?

difference? you save 100 bucks not buying the Revo. to me using the DC on the revo is the same thing as using the stock shifter, cutting it shorter, and using the dc short shifter. it seems from all the talk that the the only advantage of the Revo is that it's shorter...well save yourselves some cash and just cut your shifter with a hacksaw and use a die to rethread the shifter.

i'm assuming grey and a few more peeps are going to counter act this one. if i'm speaking out of ignorance then put me check, but can anyone clarify the above example?...

Mbow 05-20-2002 11:55 AM

You could cut the shifter down and use the dc adapter and achieve what the revo does. How much is the dc adapter though, isn't it around $65 or so? Why not just go ahead and get the revo for 100? It's a complete unit, you can go back to stock at any time, and I bet it has a better feel to it than the stock shifter with an adapter.

I only have the revo ss and must say it's the best mod I have done to the car besides clearing the headlights. It was well worth the 100 bucks.

I think Grey is the only one that has both an adapter and the revo.

RSXtypeIvtec 05-20-2002 12:01 PM

the revo is more stiffer, and and does not have as much "play" as the stock shifter
i think its a lot better overall, even without just the shorter throws....feels so much better!!
and alot more smoother....and it kinda stopped some of the pop out from 1st and 2nd gear i use to have!!

TEKNIQ 05-20-2002 01:21 PM

Besides being shorter, Revo(newer version) relocates the cable...There's no need to add an adapter, its already built in....AGAIN, Revo is definately better..:tup::tup:

TEKNIQ 05-20-2002 01:34 PM

Check out this thread on the 2 versions of REVO...

REVO

Now the new arguement.... Why the HELL buy an adapter, that'll eventually shake itself off, when you could by the Revo??

CapYoda 05-20-2002 03:58 PM

if you read my review on the Neuspeed, you'll see that its not going anywhere.

installation requires drilling and the adapter is FIRMLY on the stick. with 10 lbs.ft of torque behind the bolt on the adapter, giving me a very firm shifting feel...

thats why I got the neuspeed over the dc and solo, I knew they'll make something that wont just fall out.

but, adapter vs. revo? not sure.. I dont think there's any diffence between adapter and the new revo. I didn't want the shorter stick height.. so I went and got the adapter.

juscallmetoyota 05-30-2002 04:06 AM

"GHETTO"[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] Do it right or don't do it @ all.