Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   ATTN ALL NEUSPEED SPORT OWNERS (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/37036-attn-all-neuspeed-sport-owners.html)

VNlilMAN 05-19-2002 01:07 AM

ATTN ALL NEUSPEED SPORT OWNERS

if you have a coupe and noticed that the back was extremely high(almost stock)? then keep reading....

i got my springs in march and just got them installed recently. when i got them installed i noticed the back was pretty high compared to the front even after a couple days. so i goto their website and suprisingly i see they have a 2 door and 4 door one. when i bought them I KNOW they only had one and it turns out its the 4 door one. so i called neuspeed and sure enough they just recently just made the 2 door one because people were complaining about the high rears. so without any questions asked they agreed to replace them for free. i asked about installation(ey i dont want to pay 70 bucks again) so i talked to the manager and he said they'll do it for free. only thing was i had to drive down to their headquarters in camarillo, ca(like an hour away). i would have to say that it was worth it, it looks much better now that its "fixed". EVERYONE i talked to at NEUSPEED were VERY NICE. i was actually suprised(because of all the messed up companies/people i have run into in the import industry). i didn't even have to b*tch or anything.

01IncaPearl 05-19-2002 05:06 AM

I have the neuspeed sports and my rear end doesnt sit up high.

sumama 05-19-2002 06:02 AM

So the problem is fixed now?

Exbauer 05-19-2002 09:00 AM

When I ordered Neuspeed sport springs, I noticed that they only had on part number on numerous website. The only part number was for the sedan. But, I did not worry about because I have a sedan. But, I was thinking if I had a coupe how would I go about ordering. The best thing to do is to call place you are going to buy them at and order over the phone to make sure you the coupe springs instead of the sedan.

SQCivic 05-19-2002 10:11 AM

I am looking at my Neuspeed Sports springs that I got Friday from AIE. They are red with 4761R on the small springs and 4761F on the large ones. On the side of the box it says 55.20.61 Sport Springs Kit Honda Civic 4-Dr 2001-up. Looks like they sent me the wrong ones. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

SQCivic 05-19-2002 12:00 PM

I checked the Neuspeed site and sure enough, the Sport Spring kit for the Honda Civic 2-Door 2001-up is 50.20.62.

Neuspeed Spring Applications

If anyone has ordered their Neuspeed Sport Springs from AIM (Auto Image Enhancement) either directly or from the Group Buy site, I would double check the side of the box to make sure you have the correct springs.

VNlilMAN - Thanks for the heads up on this.

Exbauer 05-19-2002 12:02 PM

when you go to several websites that sell the springs, they list the sedan ones and say it is for all 2001 up civics. that is not true, the neuspeed shows there are 2 types...coupe and sedans. many of them sell the sedan ones saying it is for all civics. make sure you buy the right ones!!!

SQCivic 05-19-2002 12:50 PM

Here is the reply I just received from Auto Image Enhancement. I have replied back saying I want the corrected Sport Spring Kit for the 2-Door 2001 Civic because that is what I ordered. I will post their reply when I receive it.

They are used on both cars. They just released the new part number for the coupe separating it from the 4 door a week ago. They've been selling the 55.20.61 part number for both the coupe and four door ever since they where first released. In other words, they fit perfectly.

Thank you,
Adam

Auto Image Enhancement
PO Box 90171
Gainesville, FL 32607
727-647-9398 Fax 413-403-6625
Neuspeed-Ractive-AEM-APEXi Performance Parts-Cusco Parts-DC Sports Header-Eibach-Greddy Products-HKS-Performance Parts-H&R Spring-Koni-L-Sportline-RE Amemiya-Tanabe Racing Development-Tokico Shocks-And much more.
Ebay ID: nobleman69
adam@aieonline.com
www.aieonline.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 12:03 PM
To: adam@aieonline.com
Subject: Fw: Neuspeed Springs Group Buy Order Status

After checking the Neuspeed web site, I see that I have been sent the wrong springs. The Sport Spring Kit for the Honda Civic 2-Door 2001-up is 55.20.62.
Please let me know how this mistake can be corrected as soon as possible.
Thank you.
Don Mullen

----- Original Message -----
To: adam@aieonline.com
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Neuspeed Springs Group Buy Order Status

Hello Adam,

I received my springs Friday but on the side of the box it says
55.20.61 Sport Springs Kit Honda Civic 4-Dr 2001-up
I have a Coupe, not a 4-door. Please read this thread from the 2k1civic.com message forum...
http://www.2k1civic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=37036
Was I sent the wrong springs or are the same springs used for both the sedan and the coupe? It would seem from the forum discussion that they are not.
Please let me know as soon as possible so that we can get this corrected quickly.

Don Mullen

SQCivic 05-19-2002 03:02 PM

Something to consider, since Neuspeed just recently released the Sport kit specifically for the 2-Door, that would mean all the fellas on this site that have had the Neuspeed Sport springs on thier 2-Door Coupes for a while must have used the 4-Door kit. All of their drops look great though so what does this "new" kit change exactly?

VNlilMAN 05-19-2002 03:27 PM

ya this is why i posted it cause the people who bought their springs earlier now have 4 door ones. some people dont mind how it is and some people do. when i had the 4 door one, the back had like a 3 finger gap, not it only has 2. it may not sound like a big difference but you could definitly tell.

depending on when you bought it aieonline isn't too blame because they only had that one set. basically no one is to blame. however NEUSPEED was VERY UNDERSTANDING and replaced my rear springs for free. they didn't have to do this but they were nice enough too.

only difference between the 2 door and 4 door is the backs height... the 2 door ones are obviously lower then the 4 door. to break it down for the slow...
4 door spring on 4 door car = level drop
4 door spring on 2 door car = back much higher then the front
2 door spring on 4 door car = sagging butt
2 door spring on 2 door car = level drop

VNlilMAN 05-19-2002 03:37 PM

if aie wont replace them try calling NEUSPEED, i'm sure they'll be more then happy to replace them for you. i dunno how it'll work if your not in so cali tho. you might have to send them your springs first in order to get the new ones. and if you already have them installed, and dont know how to install them yourself then i dont think its worth it

sKwiD 05-19-2002 04:14 PM

Hey, I have the Neuspeed box sitting right next to me right now. They say 4dr springs on the box, which I have a 4dr so it should be good for me. Anyway, the instructions say to cut the bumpstops in the back for if you have a 2dr (meaning the springs should be for both) So my question is, since I have a 4dr, I should have to cut anything right?

SQCivic 05-19-2002 04:34 PM

:tup: No problem with AIE, here ya go.....

Yes, I read it and have talked to my rep about it. The problem is that all the Civics are sitting differently. If you send them back in new condition, I will swap them for the new part number.

Thank you,
Adam

Auto Image Enhancement
PO Box 90171
Gainesville, FL 32607
727-647-9398 Fax 413-403-6625
Neuspeed-Ractive-AEM-APEXi Performance Parts-Cusco Parts-DC Sports Header-Eibach-Greddy Products-HKS-Performance Parts-H&R Spring-Koni-L-Sportline-RE Amemiya-Tanabe Racing Development-Tokico Shocks-And much more.
Ebay ID: nobleman69
adam@aieonline.com
www.aieonline.com

SQCivic 05-19-2002 04:37 PM

VNlilMAN - Just to be sure about this, you have no sagging in the rear end with the new Sport springs designed for the coupe right? That's the reason I chose Neuspeed over Eibach because I do not want the rear to sag.

VNlilMAN 05-19-2002 10:20 PM

i just check again right now... the fender gap is even on the front and back, slightly lower then 2 fingers on both sides. i think before i had like a 3 finger gap in the rear. it basically almost looked stock. but ya i was worried the back would sag but it didn't (atleast not yet), but if it does i'm not too worried cause i'll just take it back to neuspeed. even if the back does sags a lil(like .1-.2 inches), i think its better then having the back stick up a lot higher. oh n btw, i have a box so that might be causing my back to be like .1-.2 inches lower then its supposed to be

SQCivic 05-19-2002 10:27 PM

The more I think about this, I'm going to stay with the 4-door Sport springs I have on hand. The fellas that have them on their Coupes now look great and I also don't want to risk the rear sagging any when I add some ICE in the trunk, plus I have a full size spare/wheel . That little extra height will give me some room to play with.

SQCivic 05-21-2002 07:23 AM

Well, after talking to 01IncaPearl who I think has a perfect drop, I'm sending my springs back today and getting the ones made specifically for the Coupe.

VNlilMAN 05-21-2002 12:53 PM

:tup: you'll be glad you did. i know it was worth the 2 hour drive and taking a few hours off work. but ya if it does sag you could always send them back so no worries...