Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Magnaflow Scraping? Post here... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/36481-magnaflow-scraping-post-here.html)

DogstyleEX 05-14-2002 11:39 AM

Magnaflow Scraping? Post here...

I need to know from all you guys with the magnaflow how low your car is and how bad it scrapes.. I think this is the main issue for a lot of people that want to get in on the group buy... i know it's the only thing stopping me, mine is lowered about 1.5. Please post your experiences.... Thanks

Andy

macrossranma 05-14-2002 11:53 AM

mine is rarely scraping, lowered with h&r sport and 2 12" sub in the trunk, just becareful with the uclamps, move it to the side when installing, and push the exhaust to the top as much as possible when tighten the U clamp, and the exhaust will stay high

CivicRacer5 05-14-2002 12:00 PM

My car isnt lowered at all right now and my magnaflow scrapes sometimes, but not real bad!

icey 05-14-2002 12:11 PM

my car is lowered with H&R sport springs and i have never had it scrape

AllEyezOnMe 05-14-2002 01:05 PM

My car is lowered with the xenon rear, will it scrape?

INCAEXtacy 05-14-2002 01:26 PM

Anytime you lower a car you are faced with the possibility of scaping. My car is lowered 2.25 and I scrape like a mother!:eek: watch how you drive and you should be fine.

AllEyezOnMe 05-14-2002 01:31 PM

I just talked to John the magnaflowguy and he said it is the U-clamp that is scraping. He said juss to mobe it to the side or something when you get it installed. So i am gonna go for it!!!!:tup:[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

01EXtc 05-14-2002 01:36 PM

AllEyezOnMe -
i have the xenon kit and magnaflow muffler and at stock i dont get any scraping, hope this helps

AllEyezOnMe 05-14-2002 02:09 PM

01EXtc
LOOK

8=== :eek:

Crashoveride 05-14-2002 02:30 PM

I am running stock height and mine never scrapes. The only time it does for me is when I am getting off the ferry, but even stock did that.

SQCivic 05-14-2002 02:53 PM

Mine has never scraped with stock height and I go over large speed bumps, steep inclines, etc. almost every day. I am about to put some Neuspeed Sport springs on so I'll let you know how that works out.

smpcivic 05-14-2002 03:00 PM

mine scraps when ever i back out of my girlfriends driveway and its stock height. I tried turning the clamps and cutting the bolts but it only helped a little. other than the driveway thing i dont have a prob.

MexMike 05-15-2002 01:15 AM

Mine is dropped 2" with sportlines and I scrape the hell out of shjt all the time. I just think the guys I got to installed it did it wrong......I am about to go get it fixed.....hopefully[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Machina 05-15-2002 01:43 AM

just weld it or bandclamp it....i'm lowered on Sportlines and only rubbed twice on high[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] speed bumps, so now i just avoid em!

:tup:

RunawaySoul 05-15-2002 07:14 AM

Mine scrapes over every speed bump, and it's stock height. Also, when I park my car on top of the hill just before the decline, my pipe is only 1 inch from the ground. U-Clamps doing the scraping? I don't think so.

DogstyleEX 05-15-2002 12:15 PM

anyone else?? i can imagine that if people are scraping with stock height, i don't think lowered ones will favor much better... So in many cases, it can be the U-Clamp scraping but in many cases, it's the actual muffler.. right?

SQCivic 05-15-2002 12:31 PM

Well, there is obviously some installation differences if some scrape all the time with stock height and some of us don't even come close to scraping, especially with stock height. I would talk to MagnaflowGuy. He has always said that if you are having problems with the product to let him know. I am stock and haven't scraped one time. To get to my house I have to drive over three huge speed bumps and my driveway is a steep incline, not a single problem.

If you don't think it is just the U-bolts scraping, all you have to do is look under the car and see.