Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Urethane Octane kit? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/36264-urethane-octane-kit.html)

Drew 05-12-2002 10:11 PM

Urethane Octane kit?

from what i have read the octane kit is not made in urethane. but recently on e-bay som1 made many listings for it

Click here for one of the auctions

anyone know if this guy is prolly telling the truth?

also, does anyone have a lot of pics of the octane rear on a car? cause its the only one that i have seen that has jsut 1 spot for exaust, and i think only having 1 exaust with 2 spots for it looks funny, so am thinking of getting the rear, but would want to check out more pics of it first.

-drew

ShadyMilkMan 05-12-2002 10:17 PM

Yeah someone made a mold of the octain kit and made it into polyurithane. Its not made by octain its made by the copyers thats why it says octain style.

TOOLOWCIVIC 05-12-2002 10:22 PM

But will it fit[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

netcbc 05-12-2002 10:32 PM

wow are you allowed to do that? just copy a brands kit, i know already that the stock oem kit has been copied and named "jdm type r kit"

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-12-2002 10:47 PM

well this will be a better kit than vis... wow... i wonder what vis is gonna do

sadboy916 05-12-2002 11:30 PM

no big deal lots of people make fake bw kits

Speedracer32 05-13-2002 01:39 PM

i saw this too today
but i , like a lot of people i know, don't have $700 lying around
if i had it i would take the chance thou

ce01cvcex 05-13-2002 05:33 PM

not sure if it will fit or not, since they made a mold from an octane kit, did they use the outside or the inside for the mold? the octane kit made by VIS is already enough of a biotch to get on, is this one smaller or larger than it? if so, ti's really gonna be a biotch to get it on. oh well, i already got the glass kit, and don't have any problems with cracking or anything. wonder why everyone is afraid of glass kits, as long as you can drive, then it shouldn't be a problem.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] just kidding. i guess i've just been fortunate.

DaCurryman 05-14-2002 10:11 AM

Hey guys ... I actually saw the same kit on eBay today too. I assumed it wasnt made by Vis either, but I guess anyone can copy it, because from one of the other threads, I came across this link which has some other kits for our cars which has the Octane kit but says it's made by a company called Carisma. Also, you notice that the front pics of the car are not from the Vis car.

I actually kinda like this kit, because the front lip of this has a space to put fog lights in (or at least they did). Is that only for this version of the Octane kit, or does the original one allow that as well. Also, anyone know if this one is FiberGlass or Urethane? Thanx.

ce01cvcex 05-14-2002 01:58 PM

actually, that is the VIS octane kit. look closely at the pics, the silver car isn't VIS's car, but the black car on this link is the same exact car on the VIS website. How do i know you ask? look at the rear view pic on this link and then go to VIS's site (link below), notice anything similar? if carisma is producing this kit, then they are ripping pics from VIS, and giving them free advertisement to boot. look at that tag on the rear view pic, clearly says VIS racing. and as for your question, yes, the VIS kit, which this is, does have those same holes for mounting fog lights. i have this kit, but, good luck finding some lights to fill up the space. i'm just gonna put wire mesh in there, and put some blue neon behind it. linky link