Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   sedan dropped more in the back? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/35867-sedan-dropped-more-back.html)

BarBieDee 05-09-2002 02:01 PM

sedan dropped more in the back?

my friend has a sedan and she dropped it with sprint springs....it looks good but the only thing is...is that it's more dropped in the back... does anyone else have this problem? and another thing...i tried to paint her headlamp but the freaking thing didn't have clips like mine and the glue won't budge.....what's up with that?

AFlyer 05-09-2002 02:05 PM

man, sedan headlights are a pain in the a$$. took me 4 hours to clear my headlights, it was ridiculous. and i'd love to paint the trim on my headlamps, but i don't wanna go through the trouble to take them apart again. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

StraightEdgeCivic 05-09-2002 02:07 PM

i hear sedan headlamps use stickier glue....i ddidnt even notice tabs when i did mine...i heated the glue up with a hair dryer and scraped the glue off with a screwdriver....very messy

Bartkat 05-09-2002 02:15 PM

There have been others who posted that their sedans dropped more in the rear with other brands of springs. If you look up the OEM parts, the sedan springs have a different part number than the coupe. Not sure why.

VNlilMAN 05-09-2002 02:16 PM

with sprint springs, the back is very low on the coupe. and since the sedan is heavier in the back then a coupe it makes it lower.... you might want to try neuspeeds sports. i have them on my coupe... the front is ok but the back is really high. i'm sure it would look good on a sedan. i think you would have the same problem with eibachs and progress springs. only other spring i would recommend are the neuspeeds and h&r.

BarBieDee 05-09-2002 02:32 PM

thanks for the input guys... but will sedan lowering springs fit coupe lowering springs?....

VNlilMAN 05-09-2002 03:15 PM

ya i'm 95% sure they would... its just you would get a lower drop with the same springs on the sedan then on a coupe...

HShadow 05-09-2002 04:44 PM

I heard the same thing about the sag omre in the back. That is why I am going with coil's. Figure I could control the back more.

FLiPpIeS 05-09-2002 10:23 PM

yeah i got h&r sports and my sedan had a droppy end but after i installed my koni shocks today, the droopiness was gone and the drop was level all around. plus i highly suggest gettin koni shocks if u drop ur car... they make the biggest difference in ride quality

Alex1 05-09-2002 11:03 PM

u guys wanna know something funny.. ive heard many comments about our cars having that "saggy butt" effect after we drop it. its funny cuz on my car it dont have that look. i dropped it 2 inches with stock wheels. it falls level on the fender wells. i have nuttin but a spare in the trunk. but one thing though, when i load up my friends in the back the damn thing tucks my rear tires in. looks funny when u watch ur friends get out one by one, the car rises inch by inch lol.

AZ2K1Civic 05-09-2002 11:12 PM

Also, notice that the rear wheel well has less of a curve than the front ones. I mean it looks like the sedan is dropped more in the back but the front wheel wells show more wheel. I cant explain and nothing I type looks right. Does anyone else know what Im trying to say?

I dropped mine 2" and noticed the same thing and thats what I cam up with.