Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   which is the best catback exhaust (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/35806-best-catback-exhaust.html)

JoOLeESaUr 05-09-2002 01:32 AM

which is the best catback exhaust

i am going to be getting an exhaust put on my within the next month or so...i dont know much about it, but i dont wnat jsut an exhaust tip. i want the whole piping underneath the car and an intake and stuff...so, which is the best? i want to order it as soon as possible

thanks
julie

aliased 05-09-2002 01:35 AM

a lot of ppl have been recommending the magnaflow. thats what im going for. do a search on exhausts and if u decide on the magnaflow, participate in the groupbuy. i think it closes on the 14th or 15th. 300 with shipping is a damn good deal

Desi 05-09-2002 01:37 AM

i heard the "search" exhaust was the best.

Wanger 05-09-2002 01:39 AM

<< i heard the "search" exhaust was the best. >>

dood stfu and help the guy. magnaflow, great sound/a little more hp. do a search for "magnaflow sound" and get some video of the sound.

hope that helps

Desi 05-09-2002 01:48 AM

hey wanger, i am helping. you moron. the search function is the most valuable function on this site b/c most topics concerning the exhausts currently out, have already been discussed.

CivicS 05-09-2002 01:49 AM

get THERMAL R&D !!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

01Ex 05-09-2002 06:14 AM

DC Sports TCS all the way. Dont waste your money on "Magna-Flo". that has to be the cheapest and crappiest exhaust out for our cars. thermal is good too. But not "Magna-Junk".

SoNiCcIvIc 05-09-2002 06:24 AM

Don't get one for performance.... get it for sound purposes. You won't get performance out of an exhaust alone anyway.

EDIT: I suggest Skunk2. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

SoNiCcIvIc 05-09-2002 06:30 AM

<<

<< i heard the "search" exhaust was the best. >>

dood stfu and help the guy. magnaflow, great sound/a little more hp. do a search for "magnaflow sound" and get some video of the sound.

hope that helps
>>

WTF? Umm... how can you tell someone to STFU cuz they suggested to search when you just did the same thing but just a lil' flashier?

Dang... SUGGESTING to "search" almost looks like a flame these days! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Voiceofid 05-09-2002 07:37 AM

yes, search is a good answer, magnaflow is where i am going for too, the fourm sometimes have a good group buy on them for 300 dollars shipped, cat-back system. btw, from the name she left, she was obviously not a guy[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

smpcivic 05-09-2002 08:13 AM

i ahve the Magnaflow....and i really like it....it sounds good too...not too loud, but a low deep sound.

Crashoveride 05-09-2002 08:13 AM

I have the Magna-Flow and I love it, sounds good and looks great. Plus I think we still have another group buy on the go. Check the Marketplace forum.

VTEC01EX 05-09-2002 09:41 AM

How is the quality of the Magnaflow system compared to say, GReddy EVO or DC Sports? I'm really looking at the GReddy... how about hp gains between Magnaflow and GReddy? I've listened to the clips of the Magnaflow and it sounds pretty good, but i'm more interested in the gains, which kind of talked me out of the DC TCS.

PRCIVIC2001 05-09-2002 09:56 AM

Well man it depends on how much you wanna spend. Magnaflow is a good cheap exhuast and then there is DC, Greddy, HKS, APEXI, etc. Those are the more high end exhuast. magnaflow is a good buy in my eyes maybe not others but if you wanna waste some money for a better exhuast I say go for the others I listed. I recommend Custom 2.25" piping with an Apexi N1 muffler.

Pedrito 05-09-2002 09:57 AM

i like my skunk2 exhaust it sounds really phat...i heard Thermal R&D is the best that is what everyone on my team has i kinda wish i got that..but the skunk2 is phat:tup:

macrossranma 05-09-2002 09:58 AM

i just installed magnaflow 2 days ago and i love it, dont expect to get much hps out for our cars anyways, mangaflow is not the best, dc tcs is better but it cost more than double, and i can only tell the sound is a little bit better for the tcs, nothing much, go for the group buy for the magnaflow, its worth the money, 300 shipped catback[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Mussolini 05-09-2002 10:01 AM

I have the Hp full cat back. Its real nice, noticable gains and not to pricy. Looks real nice also check my member page
-mike

pounds 05-09-2002 11:05 AM

go for the thermal R&D!!.....i had magnaflow...it was nice but not loud enough

3rdcivic 05-09-2002 01:01 PM

DC Sports TCS = Looks nice, sounds okay(mild, low hum), doesn't fit very well without some tweaking (went through 3 different systems to get the parts to line up)

Thermal R&D = Sounds good until you really get on it and then it turns into a weed whacker, looks nice, fitment leaves something to be desired

Skunk = From the few reports I've seen, seems to be a nice sounding/relatively low and loud but may damage the paint on the underside of the rear bumper due to fitment/alignment issues. Design seems similar to the Tanabe Racing Medallion except for the slant cut tip.

Magnaflow = clearance issues with the pipe clamps, never heard the system but it's designed by a company that has been making marginal mufflers for years

Greddy EVO = Deep sound and according to those who have it, fairly loud. Good fitment and high quality design/construction

ALL others: Don't know but I wouldn't buy exhaust systems from companies that make lighted window squirters, cheap rear replacement lights, knock-off parts, etc. Only the best for the Civic if possible.

This of course is only MY 2 cents. But, I've had a lot of time to research the various products available for our cars.

TJ

NoBottleJustThrottle 05-09-2002 02:20 PM

Next month i am gettin the HKS Hiper Cat-Back...retails probably for about $700 though. But like ive said before, you get what you pay for in this hobby. I love the look of the Hiper, and the sound. Not very loud, but enough to hear. Deep, low, smooth tone. The canister isnt big behind the 3-4" tip. And plus, you cant go wrong with a well repected name such as HKS.

sc1golfr 05-09-2002 10:28 PM

tanabe super medalion racing spec....it will be out by the end of may

SoNiCcIvIc 05-10-2002 02:17 AM

My Skunk2 exhaust was just installed today. The muffler hangers had to be realligned slightly so it's not up on the bumper (stock). This way, it won't melt the bumper. So far, so good but I have yet to drive it for very long. This exhaust is *very* deep. I recommend it.

Another way to fix the bumper issue is to get the bumper cut slightly. TeamStylesRacing did this for his Skunk2 catback.

Oh yeah, and quality-wise... top-notch. :tup: It looks good, too.

Thanks again, Victor (JBlazeVA) for the hookup and installing it! I'll have pics tomorrow and sound clips next week.

HelloMyNameIsTyson 05-11-2002 10:28 PM

dc sports tcs...it sounds awesome