Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   gude package street legal? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/35623-gude-package-street-legal.html)

nongv 05-07-2002 10:53 PM

gude package street legal?

ok after reading all the post i still didn't get a straight answer on it. some say it is legal and some say it is not. so is it street legal? i hope so because i live in california and i need it to be street legal and be able to pass smog.

BLUENVY01 05-07-2002 10:59 PM

i believe it will alter your emissions, so i think your answer is NO, it is not legal in california. but who cares!

sadboy916 05-07-2002 11:07 PM

THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01civicboi 05-07-2002 11:14 PM

<< THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Bartkat 05-08-2002 12:57 AM

Just call Gude up and ask them if the have a package that is street legal in the Republik of Kalifornia.

Macko 05-08-2002 01:06 AM

It's legal cause once you pop the hood you can't tell any difference, because it's the internals that's been worked... and as for Cali. emission... i'm not too sure, so best bet is call up gude and ask them does it meet the emission requirements of Cali. after the internals beend worked...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Mbow 05-08-2002 04:44 AM

I know someone said that the package won't pass smog in ca. I don't know whether they are right or not though. After hearing how strict the tests are out there, I would assume it would definately not pass.

PESTLNC 05-08-2002 09:16 AM

Right on Gude's webpage it says all their products are for off-road use only. That doesn't mean you'll fail inspection/emissions, but it doesn't guarentee you'll pass.

avenger 05-08-2002 01:27 PM

if you're in california bay area ask around for the crooked smog check stations... i'll never reveal any of them online or anything but someone local to you probably can point you in the right direction

nongv 05-11-2002 12:15 AM

what part will make it not pass smog or does all of them make you not pass smog?

bambuski 05-11-2002 01:22 AM

<< Republik of Kalifornia >>

Lol, thank god I live in a state that doesnt care about emissions.

Voiceofid 05-11-2002 09:44 AM

<<

<< Republik of Kalifornia >>

Lol, thank god I live in a state that doesnt care about emissions.
>>

sometimes, i am glad i live in florida[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Booohahaha 05-11-2002 01:43 PM

are u running around with the stock catalytic converter???
if so. then ur passing. HOW THE HELL IS IT gonna make it illegal?!!

Bartkat 05-11-2002 08:25 PM

Emissions, man, emissions. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Strychnine 05-13-2002 04:22 PM

You may remember i did the first post about the gude guinea pig, my manager with the 98 Civic ex was getting the package. This was ebfore any 7th gens ordered theirs.

He is ANAL about smog, I mean, he wouldn't even order a CAI (easily swappable w/factory parts) unles it would pass emissions.

He ordered teh Gude package, and said everything with California smog is cool, so thats what I know.

On another note, he got the package, but hasn't had time to install it. He said the cam is beautiful, and all the intakes are huge bored out. Everything looks good from his perspective.

Spider883 05-13-2002 04:26 PM

in florida we have no emissions stuff at all. hahahahahha

DC5@EM2 05-13-2002 10:10 PM

i dont think that emissions will be that big of a prob with our cars. Hell, they are so eco-friendly, it makes me sick. If you actually think about it, emissions is a joke because within the last 150 years that we have been producing combustion engines and emissions, doesnt compare to what volcanoes, forest fires, etc. have been doing for thousands of years to the atomsphere. This of course excludes california from this because you guys are sittin right behind the rockies and that smog $hit has nowhere to go, so it just collects in there. God, i feel like im writing a paper for school . . .

(P.S. the gude package doesnt do anything with emissions, i asked mike gude myself. later.)

devilvtec 05-30-2002 12:45 AM

I live in Louisiana, i am glad for this reason... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

CivicSouldja 05-30-2002 01:02 AM

I've lived in California all my life, I have survived the Rodney King Riots, the forest fires, the northridge earthquake, and LAPD Rampart police (crooked @$$ cops), may god be my witness, I WILL SURVIVE the emission regulations! Thank you.[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]:tup:

jro 05-30-2002 04:50 AM

e-...miss-...ions? what the hell is that. not in our missouri dialect. but seriously, here in the 'sticks' half the peeps here don't even know what the hell a catalytic converter is. they're are mostly the rusted out pickup drivers who prefer to drive 'sans' muffler.
-jro

pr0ph37 05-31-2002 03:40 AM

if you go to gude.com i belive it talks about how it can improve your "daly driver"

WhiteRabbit 06-02-2002 04:43 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: nongv
what part will make it not pass smog or does all of them make you not pass smog?[hr]
all of it. power comes from fuel. to burn fuel to make power, you need oxygen. EVERYTHING you do to your car to improve the power the engine puts out either increases fuel consumption, or facilitates the motion of air into and out of yoru engine.

if you now put on a package that allows to make MUCH more power by increasing fuel consumption rate and air flow, you are going to be emitting alot more spent fuel from yoru exaust. n oproblem, there are trucks and SUVs that pollute alot more than our civics.

one problem: ULEV. our car is classified as ULEV, which means that it HAS to pass certain smog regulations. your car is ULEV, and you can not get special permits (to my knowledge) to drop ULEV status. you are stuck with it.

so if your like me and live in cali, and you get the gude kit, maybe youll pass! maybe you wont. but if you dont, its real easy to find a place where you can get a special $100 deluxe smog check [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]