Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Greddy EVO sound clip request (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/35430-greddy-evo-sound-clip-request.html)

3rdcivic 05-06-2002 07:43 PM

Greddy EVO sound clip request

Whether it's for a 2 door or 4 door, can anyone put together a sound clip of this exhaust system? I think it would helpful if we had a page on this site that had a sound clip for each system available. Of course this would require people to record their systems but it would certainly help those weary buyers make a more educated decision.

Thank you in advance!

TJ

Snort2001 05-06-2002 10:40 PM

hey sup
i just installed the new GReddy EVO for coupe, and it sounds nice!! i love it![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
i would put a sound clip, but i dont know how, anyone know?

xHoteKx 05-07-2002 12:00 AM

1. use a digital video camera
2. use a mic and a recordable mini-disk player. then hook up mini disk player to your mic jack on the soundcord and record
3. (really bad quality) take a tape recorder and tape it. then use the computer mic to record the tape

uhh, thats about all i can think of now.

Snort2001 05-07-2002 12:31 AM

aite, ill give that a try, thx

3rdcivic 05-07-2002 12:28 PM

Snort2001,

I too have a coupe and was wondering if the Coupe version of this exhaust system fit your car as good as the stock system? In other words, is there any interference with any underbody components, interference with rear bumper cut-out, rattling, etc.? It sounds like you're happy with the system and I'm really interested in getting it but want to make sure I won't be disappointed like I was with the DC Sports TCS.

Thank you for your help on this matter.

TJ

aferenz 05-07-2002 06:07 PM

What did you think was wrong with the TCS?

3rdcivic 05-07-2002 06:52 PM

The DC Sport TCS did not fit well. It burned a large patch on the inside of the bumper cut-out where the 3 or 4" exhaust tip comes out. This is because the hangers are not aligned properly from the manufacturer (sure, I could have an exhaust shop tweak it, but why not get it right at the factory?). It rattled at idle underneath the car (around the shifter/e-brake area). Just didn't seem worth the $500+ investment to me. After trying 3 different TCS systems that were sent by DC Sports, I gave up. However, IncaPearl was patient enough to get it to work on his car after I sold him my system. I think he has mentioned that it still rattles occasionally under his car.

I hate to 'dis any product that has a strong/positive reputation but I cannot stand spending a lot of money on something that is supposed to be "tried and true", "application specific", and whatever else to have it work improperly.

Anyways, maybe I just have bad luck with the system.

I'm just hoping that the Greddy EVO doesn't give me any problems!

TJ

aferenz 05-08-2002 01:35 AM

Dude thanks!!!!!! I was going to get a TCS, but now I'll get the evo, it's cheaper anyways.

Fa5ter 05-08-2002 03:29 AM

Ok now i know this sounds kinda stupid but here it goes:
I just installed my evo system like 4 hours ago. It sounds
great! I wrote a review in the [review] section if you
would like to read up. But anyways, to hear the gentle
hum of the EVO simply pop the F&F in your dvd player, crank
up your stereo, tweek your eq so everything below 100k
is moved to it's highest setting and forward to the part
where the white dude (like i'm not) tries to figure out his
top speed in the parking lot. I s*** you not, the sound is
exactly the same!

It's deep, throaty, loud, and god-like.

_______Fa5ter_______
slowmoriot@hotmail.com

3rdcivic 05-09-2002 06:31 PM

Can we get a sound clip of the EVO that is designed for OUR cars?
Anybody got one?

Thanks in advance!

TJ

Snort2001 05-09-2002 10:00 PM

<< Snort2001,

I too have a coupe and was wondering if the Coupe version of this exhaust system fit your car as good as the stock system? In other words, is there any interference with any underbody components, interference with rear bumper cut-out, rattling, etc.? It sounds like you're happy with the system and I'm really interested in getting it but want to make sure I won't be disappointed like I was with the DC Sports TCS.

Thank you for your help on this matter.

TJ
>>

3rdcivic,

the new GReddy EVO exhaust is aligned perfecting with the cut-out, and it doesn't hang low either like the one previously released for both the 4dr and 2dr. it's perfect, and im very happy with it, and the sound is exactly how fa5ter explained it, really really nice deep tone. Can't go wrong with it.

Snort~

HelloMyNameIsTyson 05-11-2002 10:36 PM

get the dc sports tcs...i've had it for 6 months and had no problems

3rdcivic 05-13-2002 07:37 PM

Thank you Snort2001. I just ordered it today from Rob at Tornactive for $510 shipped.

TJ

racerdave44 05-14-2002 03:50 PM

Sound Clip! I need sound clip!:eek:

18inchpride 05-14-2002 07:53 PM

I really really want to hear what the evo sounds like!! blahhhhhhh

mastercave 06-15-2002 03:30 AM

Has this request already been filled in another thread or are we all still waiting for it?

PeArlHoNdA 06-15-2002 12:25 PM

i would really like to hear it as well, i would LOVE a sound clip thread or something cause im hammering my brain tryin to figure what exhaust i want. Was down to HKS/N1 with skunk2/Greddyand 5zigen running close behind it. I know the sound i want if i could just HEAR them [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

PeArLhOnDa

Hefe 06-15-2002 03:31 PM

I've heard the magnaflow, and TCS...... but i wouldn't mind hearing the Skunk2, EVO, and HKS??????

PaCiFiKbAllA 06-15-2002 04:48 PM

I have a DC Sports TCS on my 01' EX and it doesn't burn a damn thing on my car....who installed it for you? And I have a sound clip of the DC Sports TCS...I"ll post it soon for anyone who wants to hear it...i recorded it on my Sony Mavica...well...sounds like you had some trouble with installation or whoever was installing it....they didn't do a good job....

mastercave 06-15-2002 09:31 PM

I had decided on the dc sports tcs but after some thought, I decided I would like to have a deep sound to it, just hopefully not too loud. So I'm looking into the evo as well.

PeArlHoNdA 06-16-2002 01:54 PM

Is the Evo loud? cause im lookin for loud hehe

PeArLhOnDa

Hefe 06-16-2002 02:53 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: mastercave
I had decided on the dc sports tcs but after some thought, I decided I would like to have a deep sound to it, just hopefully not too loud. So I'm looking into the evo as well.[hr]

The TCS is DEEP sounding, and not too loud

From what i hear, the EVO is deep but louder than the TCS

my2k1vic 06-16-2002 04:26 PM

the new coupe version of the evo fits good on a non-kitted car. with my wingswest kit, the tip is barely below the bumper. on the razzi, the tip touchs the bumper. the sound is great but i think the tip is way too big for our cars.