Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   california water blade (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/35330-california-water-blade.html)

Oishi 05-06-2002 01:39 AM

california water blade

just bought one in cosco for $20 canadian...sweet...i wanted to try it out but my car is shiny right now...i thought it was going to rain so i can try it....guess imona have to wait till my car gets dirty or it rains...

i just wanted to know the price in the US...is it 19.95 US...so is mine a good deal? or is the price for that thing cheaper now?

StraightEdgeCivic 05-06-2002 01:46 AM

iv'e seen it for as much as $26(u.s)..but i got it at cosco for about 13$....cosco rules

01SOHCcivic 05-06-2002 01:47 AM

i had one and i thought it really sucked alot of ass IMO
it dident work well on corners or anything
it only worked good on windows and the hood everywhere else its a pain with the water blade
like trying to use it on my OEM kit omfg it took for fvcking ever and it dident even work [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] so i gave up and whiped it with a cloth
i give the california water blade 3 thumbs down:tdown::tdown::tdown:
i hate it!!!!cost me 30 bucks too:shake:

mpcivic2k2 05-06-2002 01:52 AM

i love it! i use it everytime i wash my car. it's true it doesn't remove all the water but at least it takes off a good amount of water so you don't have to go through 3 towels.

01SOHCcivic 05-06-2002 01:55 AM

<< i love it! i use it everytime i wash my car. it's true it doesn't remove all the water but at least it takes off a good amount of water so you don't have to go through 3 towels. >>

thats true it does take off BIG amounts of water but it doesent take all:tdown:
oh well useing 100% cotton cloth i think is WAYYYY better IMO

TEKNIQ 05-06-2002 02:14 AM

My local Costco has 2 wiper blades for $15. I used to use this with a chamois but after buying the ABSORBER $10, I tossed the other two away. Nothing compares to the absorber. It kills the chamois, one swipe will pick up any water it encounters, compared to the chamois 2 or 3 swipes... Did I mention EZ as hell to ring out & it works with many other household chores.....BUY ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBlazeVA 05-06-2002 03:11 AM

how much and where do i get that absorber.....

TEKNIQ 05-06-2002 03:28 AM

<< how much and where do i get that absorber..... >>

You can get it at your local Auto Store(Pepboys, Kragen,etc..), it comes in a plastic tube you use to re-store it. The absorber $10-15 is a rag just like the chamois, but feels more rubbery than leathery. I GUARANTEE you won't be disappointed!!!! Did I mention it comes in different colors (blue, red, green, purple....), is EZ as hell to ring out, & just plain KILLS the chamois......Man I'm starting to sound like an INFOMERCIAL...

Crashoveride 05-06-2002 09:09 AM

I bought the Cali Waterblade last year after seeing it on TV I paid like $30 at Crappy Tire for it but I still love it, used it yesterday after I washed the car. I did however buy a Chamois that is made by Simonize and it just sucked big time. I saw the ads for "The Absorber" in the car mags but cant find it anywhere around here (East Coast Canada) I think I will have to find a place on line to get one cause they look like they would kill for doing the car.

crazyjetskier 05-06-2002 09:22 AM

at my detail shop we use those , they are only supposed to take off huge amounts of water we use that to get most of the water off then go back over it with a towel.

Hondasport01 05-06-2002 10:18 AM

I have the Absorber... I've had it for about 3 years now and it still works great. You can get it at pep boys or any store like that or even target:)

fraga 05-06-2002 05:37 PM

<< I have the Absorber... I've had it for about 3 years now and it still works great. You can get it at pep boys or any store like that or even target:) >>

Same here. Works pretty darn good.

JSWhaler 05-06-2002 06:24 PM

I use the absorber, it works wonders and for all the nooks and crannies I use a 100% cotton towel... so why isn't this in the detailing forum, just wondering cause it's been discussed many times

2001CivicEx2dr 05-06-2002 09:42 PM

california water blade is pretty nice, i recommend it:tup:

speed werx 05-07-2002 02:02 PM

best 15 bucks spent on a car.........makes drying SO much easier

Bartkat 05-07-2002 03:22 PM

I like the water blade. Use it first and finish with a cloth diaper. Then use foamy window cleaner on the glass. Takes much less time than towel or chamois alone. I'll check into the absorber, sounds good for the final touches.

:tup::tup::tup::):)