Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Just purchased the gude head (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/35074-just-purchased-gude-head.html)

Jhonda 05-04-2002 12:43 AM

Just purchased the gude head

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]I just baught the gude head package or half of its paid for as of now, I paid $1000 now and they day it is shipped I'll pay the other $1000 and of course send my old head back for the 500 dollor core charge. They said it will be about two weeks from this monday that it will be sent to me. They also said a 45% increase in horsepower which I seriously doubt is true, Im expecting about 38 or so extra hp to the wheels which would put my car to around 160hp at the wheels which is about 188 hp at the crank:) not bad, almost like the Type R. Considering that our civics weight is a good bit less than the type r as far as I remember hopefully I might beat some. Ill let you know and will take pictures before and after and dyno runs before and after...Im so excited[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Silver2k1Dood 05-04-2002 12:52 AM

:eek:AWESOME!!:eek:

I hope you do get the 45% increase in power:tup:

bo0sT 05-04-2002 12:57 AM

I talked to them yesterday to get setup as a dealer of Gude products. One of the shop techs i talked to claimed 45hp to the wheels. I'm going to call Bill Gude himself monday and ask him about it... of course that was with the entire package.. port and polish, three angle valve job, camshaft, and big bore throttlebody. Good luck with it man, can't wait to hear the results. i really should get rims next.... but it would be nice to stick 45hp to the wheels.... and top it off with a nx system.
-Dennis H.
Infiniteperformance02@Yahoo.com
AEM.
DC Sports.
Sparco.
Gude/Bullfrog cams, heads etc.
Apex'i
HP Racing
and more...

Dakker 05-04-2002 01:04 AM

I envy you, that is without a doubt the best performance boost (besides nitrous) that we have for our cars, I can't wait to see what how it turns out. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

JImmY1982MinG 05-04-2002 01:17 AM

Is the GUDE package street legal? I've been wonderring that for quiet sometime now..and will that pass new inspections? Excuse me cuz I'm just a daily civic driver who only got the 2k1 civic all itself..please anwer my question..thank you.

Silver2k1Dood 05-04-2002 01:50 AM

Hey Dakker, how do you like your brembos? Would you recommend them? I really drive my little Civic and am considering racing it in AX events. Would these be good for me?

Thanks.

Bartkat 05-04-2002 02:01 AM

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

htowncivicEX 05-04-2002 06:34 AM

jhonda

Props to you for being the first to try this out! Be sure to let all of us know how it runs (including some dyno numbers if possible).

Best of luck,
Aaron

alltech01civic 05-05-2002 02:57 AM

:eek:.....keep us informed on how it comes out

Mbow 05-05-2002 01:13 PM

Awesome! I can't wait to read your review and see the pics. Well, I can't wait to go for my test drive either! :)

Grey 05-05-2002 07:29 PM

<< but it would be nice to stick 45hp to the wheels.... and top it off with a nx system. >>

Indeed! :eek: No inspection problems and rather good gas mileage too. Hum...

Jhonda: That sounds awesome. I need to see the pics!

Hefe 05-05-2002 08:14 PM

<<

<< but it would be nice to stick 45hp to the wheels.... and top it off with a nx system. >>

Indeed! :eek: No inspection problems and rather good gas mileage too. Hum...

Jhonda: That sounds awesome. I need to see the pics!
>>

No nO no.... WE ALL need to see the pics!!!!!!!

hehe:eek:

JSWhaler 05-05-2002 08:18 PM

ya I want to hear about it, how it turns out and hp gains. If possible some pics to. Whatever info you can relay would be cool

TOOLOWCIVIC 05-05-2002 08:19 PM

Good luck. Can't wait to hear your results.

Hey JImmY, where did they do your fenders and how much?

R3DF0G 05-05-2002 08:33 PM

Dammit that was my plan........Gude pkg topped off with a 50 shot.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] Definitely let us know how good your gain is.:tup:

FURY 05-05-2002 09:45 PM

Gude package is not street legal in Cali.

Damn smog tests.

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE 05-05-2002 10:23 PM

is there a website where i can see some gude stuff?

Spider883 05-05-2002 10:24 PM

go to Gude

JImmY1982MinG 05-05-2002 11:23 PM

TOOLOWCIVIC the shop just simply used another two fenders and ironed them on the the front and used some of those dirt stuff..same thing on the back..they weren't really huge but I loved them..make a hella difference..now I just took off my wing cuz it's so damn heavy..thinking of getting that GUDE package but I'm worried about if it's inspection free or not..BTW, anyone please answer me on that..really apperaciated..

Desi 05-06-2002 01:41 AM

- fury where did u get the info that the gude package is not street legal in cali. i think it would be weird for gude to develop a system that would fail smog tests in cali.

insan 05-06-2002 06:26 AM

jhonda.......ur going have to take me for a test ride when ur finshed with it. then i'll get back in my slow a$$ one better yet never mind.[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

bo0sT 05-06-2002 11:27 AM

actually, the remarks about inspection don't really affect me. The inspections are getting more strict here in Houston.. you just gotta have a friend or relative that does inspections. (money can do anything!) my car can't pass inspection right now as it is.

nbpEMCivic 05-06-2002 02:16 PM

Inspection isnt that bad if you live outside of Harris county, its the only county in the Houston area that checks exhaust gasses.

Pharoh 05-06-2002 04:14 PM

There doing some new inspection thing here for cars 3 - 20 years old. I guess they have the same policy in effect in Toronto right now. I don't imagine it's as strict as California but what do I know.

I checked the Gude website and couldn't find the parts you were talking about, you were speaking of a 7thGen Civic right?

Mbow 05-06-2002 04:38 PM

Gude doesn't have anything listed on their site for the 7th gen vics yet. Kinda stupid and bad business if you ask me. Probably losing business because you wouldn't know they offered anything if you aren't a member of this site.

trevor 05-06-2002 06:47 PM

PROPS!!!!!!..............hell yea, you did it!!!!!!!............that is sooooooo sweeeet,
I can't wait for your response,........I start saving my $$$$ right now!!!!!!.......
Hell yes,........
I havent been able to get on this site for a month,........finnally My comp. is back up,.....and this is the best news I've heard in a LONG time.......
Props again bro....nice....
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

lilbluecivic 05-06-2002 07:17 PM

this is probably a stupid question, but can you get the gude package ,and run the nx gen x kit together .if you can , any predictions on the hp w/ injen cai, dc header, and dc tcs cat back?and would i have to buy anything else to prepare my engine for this(or a clutch)?if this is possible and if i find someone to buy my subs i could get everything soon

Jhonda 05-06-2002 07:24 PM

I doubt you could run any kind of force induction being that they raise the compression to a little over 11:1
but you could build the bottom end for as much as a turbo cost...Thats what I plan on doing after I pay my car off. Still can't wait to see if and how this head will work, and also when I get it on the dyno Ill get them to do a air fuel mixture read out.[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

bo0sT 05-06-2002 11:35 PM

you'll be fine with a 50 shot.. pretty universal..