Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   skunk2 megapower? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/34586-skunk2-megapower.html)

crashedout78 04-30-2002 07:09 PM

skunk2 megapower?

i have been saving up for an exhaust system lately (skunk2 to be exact), but then noticed that the magnaflow in a groupbuy is like half the price. does anyone know if the skunk2 outperforms magnaflow? cos if it doesnt, im gonna just save 300 and get magnaflow. thanks.

LexBoy 04-30-2002 07:17 PM

dude i dunn think any of the exhaust have such a big difference for our little civics.....

but juss to tell you this....if you are gonna pay double the price of the magnaflow for the skunk2 then its not worth it

it will probably be like 1hp difference....but the thing is that i know for a fact that the exhausts that are out now

for out 2002 and 2001 civics make LESS power than the intakes....yes you read right.....(although i'm not sure about the

evo exhaust....personally i would wait for that one or i think its out already

SoNiCcIvIc 04-30-2002 09:18 PM

I'm getting the Skunk2 this week. If you're gonna get an exhaust, go for sound... at least that's why I'm going for it because power from an exhaust is non-existent.

Why did I choose Skunk2?

It doesn't sound ricey.

It sounds deep and smooth.

It's louder than the rest. (Silence it if you want.)

And it IS intimidating. Read about it in the reviews section. :tup:

SoNiCcIvIc 04-30-2002 09:46 PM

Skunk2 exhaust review

LuZi0n 04-30-2002 09:47 PM

im going w/ Skunk2 as well

Desi 05-01-2002 01:08 AM

- sound is very underrated issue when dealing with exhausts and i think the skunk2 out performs dc and magnaflow in that department.
- i used to have sound clips of the exhaust but that was awhile back and i deleted them from my computer.
- plus it looks raw. it looks like it belongs on an import.
- but hey, if you want to save the money and buy something else, well you do what you want to do. but i don't regret buying the skunk2 at all.

TEKNIQ 05-01-2002 02:17 AM

Personally, I'd go with the Magnaflow if its half the price of the Skunk2..

nymbus2k 05-01-2002 02:47 AM

remember ... in order to get the best out of your exhaust setup, you'd have to replace your header and cat with aftermarket ones ...

IMO .. if you have the money for the skunk2 exhaust setup .. get something else .... get a brand name exhaust and mandrel bent stainless steel piping ..

SoNiCcIvIc 05-01-2002 03:59 AM

You made an awesome review, Desi. BTW, I'll see if I can get a sound clip up on here once I get my exhaust. My friend has it on his automatic... it still sounds sweet with the silencer on. He won't take it off, though. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

Desi 05-01-2002 04:23 PM

- sonic, yeah i just waiting for a nice header that replaces the cat. hopefully hp racing will come out with one. but i might wait for some of the big boys to come out with one: like neuspeed, greddy, comptech. maybe dc sports will finally come out with a stainless steal header with a cat.

SoNiCcIvIc 05-02-2002 02:18 AM

HP does have Headers with a high flow cat available out now. It's in the reviews section. Check it out. I was really looking for a nice high flow cat, too. But I heard HP headers are NOT good. If you do a search on that, one of the moderators pointed out which ones were good and which ones were trash. The one in the reviews section appeared to be a.o.k..

Pedrito 05-02-2002 09:34 AM

skunk2 is the best exhaust ever...nuff said