Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Full Coilover system?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/34454-full-coilover-system.html)

Gshockbreaker 04-29-2002 09:38 PM

Full Coilover system??

Which company makes Full Coilover system for our cars??

JBlazeVA 04-29-2002 09:51 PM

J1C...and Tein is coming out soon, i'm waiting on those....woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

Gshockbreaker 04-29-2002 10:04 PM

what do you think about NEX??

Intruder 04-29-2002 10:04 PM

NEX SR's are out, someone on here has them too. Peace

BigHippo22 04-29-2002 10:31 PM

I'm buying a set of NEX SR coilovers tomorrow for $800 with shipping. Hope they're good!

SatinSilver2k1 04-29-2002 11:13 PM

look in the marketplace forum friend..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

HERE!

HShadow 04-29-2002 11:16 PM

BigHippo22, where are you getting your colis from. That is a sweet price. Would like to know. Thanks.

mattymatt 04-30-2002 12:05 AM

If they come as a full coilover set are they easy to install?

rickinthescv 04-30-2002 12:14 AM

Actually, H & R Springs have a full coilover with strut assembly. They are about 1200 at options. When you figure 200 for springs and 500 for struts alone, the jump is not that big. Plus they are supposed to be far superior.

Right now, I am saving because I really want the adjustments, the awesome handling, and the smooth ride.

NoBottleJustThrottle 04-30-2002 12:20 AM

I have the NEX coilovers...i LOVE THEM!!! My friend has a 2000 Prelude, you know the car that was rated for the best handling under $30grand...i out handle him all the time, his car is stock mind you, but mine is too other than the coilovers...(in the suspension department that is, man i cant wait to get my rims, then he'll be in even more trouble). Just dont forget to get camber adjustments with them, thats a good idea with any setup.
Hope you enjoy as much as i do. Ive had mine for about 5 months now, and am still VERY pleased. ENJOY[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Gshockbreaker 04-30-2002 12:34 AM

how much did you get yours for?? and where?

NoBottleJustThrottle 04-30-2002 12:43 AM

$1000 with tax from the auto performance shop that i do everything from. And they got it directly from NEX

Mrciviclova 04-30-2002 06:35 AM

I recommend these full coilovers:
1-JIC (out now)
2-Tein (veyr close to come out)
3-B+G coilovers (good, but way too expensive)
4- Nex V2.0 (not out yet - no offnse , but v1.0 had problems) <-------still have to wait on them

My conclusion is that i will definatly go for either Tein:tup: or JIC :tup: . Both are good quality sh?t from Japan.

Gshockbreaker 04-30-2002 11:16 AM

I wish I can just wait... my car is getting fixed now and I need to give them parts to install... I think I'm going with NEX... what kind of problems did they have?

Gshockbreaker 04-30-2002 11:17 AM

<< I'm buying a set of NEX SR coilovers tomorrow for $800 with shipping. Hope they're good! Text >>

Please tell me where you are getting yours from!

NoBottleJustThrottle 04-30-2002 12:57 PM

<< 4- Nex V2.0 (not out yet - no offnse , but v1.0 had problems) &lt;-------still have to wait on them >>

What kind of problems are you talkin about? I have never had a problem with mine at all! I love mine, they are a great unit. Best money i have spent on my car yet.

Gshockbreaker 04-30-2002 02:59 PM

I'm just going to got with NEX... I'll happy enough with my stock springs/shocks, so I'm sure I'll be happy with NEX!

Mrciviclova 04-30-2002 03:03 PM

I dont know NoBottleJustThrottle i guess you are very lucky to have no problems with the NEX product, but from my research i found this review and this guy had a negativity on the NEX v1.0, but if you are happy i am happy for you! :)

just wanted to share this info with the poelpe thats all!!!!

Negative:
If you are only looking for the ghetto-drop and don't like stiff responsive suspension, this may not be for you. The front left coilover does have a toe-out problem, which is uncorrectable, (but not intolerable). The installation instructions are for the more adept, you may have to use a little common-sense with the installation.

Look at this review

NoBottleJustThrottle 04-30-2002 05:34 PM

that guy probably had a problem with his toe-out thing because he didnt buy a camber kit. Poor guy. He bought a really really nice set of coilovers, that he doesnt even like. I love mine, i know ive said that time and time again, but its hard to believe the amount of performance that our little civics can have when the right amount of money is spent. NEX is expensive, but well worth it

Mrciviclova 04-30-2002 05:54 PM

NoBottleJustThrottle i think you should make a review about your coilover suspension kit, so everyone could know what you went through and how you managed to pass without having the toe-out problem! I am saying this, cause most members thought the NEX were bad thats when they saw the review i showed you ealier and i am sorry that i was one of them, but since you didnt have any problems and happy with them, i might reconsider about my future purchasing!
peace

Gshockbreaker 04-30-2002 05:55 PM

If I do get it, I'm not going to drop it more than 1.5'' do I still need a camber kit??

Mrciviclova 04-30-2002 06:09 PM

i am not sure about that, but if i were you i would buy one incase if i lower the car more than one inch in the future. go for ingalls. i heard ingalls are far much better than eibach. The eibach rear cambers dont align properly like ingalls. waste money on something that keeps your car aligned man. why afraid to waste 200 bucks for a camber kit, while you are going to buy NEX coilover kit that is worth for 800 bucks.
believe me it is worth it!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Gshockbreaker 04-30-2002 07:52 PM

yea... i heard a lot of people use that brand... I'm like 100% sure I won't lower it lower than 1.5, so I think I'm gonna hold off on the camber kits

Gshockbreaker 04-30-2002 08:39 PM

Yo BigHippo22, where did you get your NEX system for $800???

NoBottleJustThrottle 05-01-2002 12:22 AM

no matter how much you drop your car, its always a good idea to get a camber kit, or atleast thats what ive been told. All i needed with my NEX coilovers was the front camber kit, and i got the Eibach kit. $20 :) After that, i had my wheels alligned by some pros. They came back to me with "your front wheels are WAY out of spec, cant be fixed." i was like "what in the hell didi i just spend $20 on a f*ckin camber kit for then?" They were like..."wait, you have a camber kit? We didnt see it" I pointed it out, and i came back 30 min later. All perfectly in spec. NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL WITH NEX!!! :tup:
I'll do my review of the NEX coilovers either later tonight, or tomorrow. That is to say...the CORRECT review of NEX coilovers [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Mrciviclova 05-01-2002 01:12 AM

way to go NoBottleJustThrottle!!!!!

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:):eek:[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]:tup::tup::tup:

duyaknow 05-01-2002 03:41 AM

The NEX setup is on groupbuycenter for like 830. I read that the Nex setup had alot of toe alignment problems and there was a recall on the setup. That's why theres a new version of the setup coming out. If you already have the setup, I read in one of the threads that you can return your setup for money or a new setup. The pros of the setup is that it's a complete setup with upper perches and two ways to adjust height, and they're only 800 bucks. The cons is that they're too stiff for daily driving, but they're titled Spec Race. The JIC is sorta out, but has to be ordered from Japan, so expect a few weeks or months till the prototypes are fully tested. The Tein is only offering the SS, which still has adjustable dampning, but no upper perches, I don't think any ways. The older gen civics are listed as 1000 for the Tein, so if the newer gen civics are about 1300, i'll be happy to pay the extra for Tein. The JIC are not adjustable dampning, but are listed fairly cheaply by tornactive for 1250. JIC is fairly new in america, so I would trust Tein more. Correct me if I got anything wrong fellas. I've just been doing alot of research on these kind of setups. Oh, and get a camber kit for sure if you drop it 1.5 inches or more. Get Ingalls if you have an EX b/c it fits better with the ABS in the rear.

Trebmalsss2001 05-01-2002 06:59 AM

Any timeframe on when the version 2.0 is coming out??

Gshockbreaker 05-01-2002 04:40 PM

???[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

NoBottleJustThrottle 05-01-2002 05:13 PM

ok, about the stiffness situation.
I heard a lot of people dont like how stiff the NEX setup is on the civic. Well its not like you only have springs to lower your car here...you can adjust how stiff the ride is gonna be with one of the "easy-to-use wrenches" that the setup provides you with. Personally i love how stiff my ride is. Its like a race car, but i dont find it overwhelming by any means. And plus, when i can cut a hairpin turn on the inside passing my friends 2000 Prelude, the only thing to do is smile. Its worth the $800 or however expensive you get it for.