Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Lets have one last debate on Neuspeed vs DC sports front upper strut bar. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/34354-lets-have-one-last-debate-neuspeed-vs-dc-sports-front-upper-strut-bar.html)

pdxbiker 04-29-2002 03:01 AM

Lets have one last debate on Neuspeed vs DC sports front upper strut bar.

I did a search but still have no real conclusion. I just can't decide if I should get neuspeeds or dc sports strut bar. Which one is better? Are both equal? Which one improves handling the most? I know neuspeed is cheaper to buy but if dc is better I would be willing to pay more.
I was going to get neuspeed until I did a search and looks like you guys have been selling them more offen than dc sport. Of course this could mean more of you have neuspeed. I hope you guys can help me decide on this.

oh yeah, I did read the info about strut bar with or without pivots but I just think the only way to see what works and what doesn't is to do real world testes.

netcbc 04-29-2002 03:04 AM

neuspeed is cheaper and IMO looks better but doesn't seem as thick as the dc one

JBlazeVA 04-29-2002 04:13 AM

neuspeed

Silver2k1Dood 04-29-2002 04:34 AM

I gotta say, I just love the way DC Sports' bar looks but from a functional point of view, I would go with the Neuspeed.
Its design makes it less prone to flexing and adds rigidity by way of the semi-triangulated braces...plus, IMO, it gives your car a more purposeful appearance, whereas the DC bar makes you look like a show car. Do a little search for strut bar tests using Google; an awful lot of people have a lot of good things to say about Neuspeed bars.

numbaonestunna 04-29-2002 04:38 AM

i have a nuespeed on my sedan and it looks great and works great. i had it on b4 the drop and noticed a difference in cornering. but i must warn you that there is now a funny sqeeking noice after dropping my car. my friends claim that it is the strut bar at work. they both have different brand strut bars on drop cars that is also making that same noise. not cheap generic brands i may add. so comin from a consumer of NUESPEED, id say, save the money, go for nuespeed since its goin to do the same sh!t anyway!!! plus, i heard dc uses cheap metal that bends......*shrugs*. hope this info helps

Silver2k1Dood 04-29-2002 04:57 AM

Just to follow up on what numbaonestunna said: I believe the squeaking noise is generated by the increased stress on the strut towers when a car is lowered.
I had the Neuspeed bar put into my old Jetta before lowering it and after i dropped it 2", it started squeaking...the fix: Camber correcting kit...this returns a lowered suspension to its ideal geometry and normal stress forces.

crazyjetskier 04-29-2002 09:44 AM

sounds like i shoould go with neuspeed then!

TOOLOWCIVIC 04-29-2002 10:17 AM

go with the dc trust me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

VTEC01EX 04-29-2002 10:20 AM

The Neuspeed bar works with all CAI's, right?

Grey 04-29-2002 10:39 AM

I chose DC Sports. Read this: Which strut bar?

jcabale17 04-29-2002 10:56 AM

Will the DC or Neuspeed fit over the Injen SRI???[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Grey 04-29-2002 11:20 AM

<< Will the DC or Neuspeed fit over the Injen SRI???[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] >>

Yes, both will.

NoBottleJustThrottle 04-29-2002 11:43 AM

do both the DC and the neuspeed just bolt onto the two bolts on wither side, i know the neuspeed does, but im not sure if the DC does. Do you know what im talkin about? If you do, then cant you see if the DC is bolted onto the three bolts there then wouldnt it be more ridged then the two bolt on pattern from the neuspeed? Just my $.2, i hope someone understood that :)

BAK 04-29-2002 12:36 PM

jcabale17 - here's a shot of the DC Sport and an Injen SRI.

http://www.2k1civic.com/members_ride...BAK/image6.jpg

CIVICMAN67 04-29-2002 01:57 PM

:tup:DC SPORTS:tup:

Bartkat 04-29-2002 02:29 PM

If you don't have an aftermarket intakc, you can get both a front and rear AC bars for a little more than the DC front bar alone. The combination of front and rear bars will do more for you than either of those front bars alone.

AlexLx 04-29-2002 06:07 PM

went to buy the DC bar today but jotech was all sold out, oh well.... it should fit my AEM SRI right?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

anibal 04-29-2002 07:52 PM

Hey, Bartkat where did you get your bars? I'm looking for the rear upper bar...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Grey 04-29-2002 08:12 PM

<< went to buy the DC bar today but jotech was all sold out, oh well.... it should fit my AEM SRI right?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] >>

Yes, in fact... I've personally seen a 2k2 Civic EX Coupe with the DC Sports front strut bar and the AEM SRI. It was RegulatorRacings' ride. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

numbaonestunna 04-29-2002 08:27 PM

lets look at this situation this way. by looking at the structure on how the two strut bars are made, the dc looks nicer than the neuspeed. but imo, logically, neuspeed looks like it serves its purpose more than the dc does. dc is made out of three different parts, two mounts and a cross bar. as far as how the neuspeed is manufactured, its all ONE welded piece. if you think about it, dc has two too many points where it can be adjusted and bent. coming from a current user of a neuspeed upper strut bar, go with neuspeed.

BAK 04-29-2002 08:38 PM

I personally don't think our frames will get stressed enough for either bar to come out as the better performer. They will both do the job they were designed to do. I sure don't see our suspensions letting us put that much cornering force on the car. I went with the DC Sports strut bar because of the color theme of my engine bay.

01IncaPearl 04-29-2002 09:32 PM

Neuspeed. No complaints from me. I went with the neuspeed because of the how DC was designed. It looked like it would flex and not be as rigid as the neuspeed. :tup:

Bartkat 04-29-2002 09:54 PM

<< Hey, Bartkat where did you get your bars? I'm looking for the rear upper bar...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] >>

I got mine at Autodynamic.com I don't see it listed there now, but they should have it. I see they also list a "noname" rear upper bar now for $34.95

Tetryl75 04-30-2002 12:06 AM

I think it's all about looks. they both do the same. go with whats cheaper.

huyqvu 04-30-2002 12:11 AM

neuspeed is stiffer of the the 2 bars. the dc bar bends to easily. how do i know, a buddy of mine has used to have a neuspeed strut bar and it was stiff. the other day i took a dc strut bar in the shop, put it over my knee, and it bends with little effort. but you should check out the strut bar that apr makes. motherfooker is stiff as hell.

NoBottleJustThrottle 04-30-2002 12:48 AM

you want a stiff mother of a bar, go with the Skunk2 bar. Their add has a bunch of people standing on the actual bar itself. That is one mother of a bar, but from what i hear, it wont work out with the CAI

Bartkat 04-30-2002 10:32 AM

There's a thread here where someone did some calculatios and put force vector arrows on a pic of a strut bar. I don't think the bending is the most important factor. Most of the forces are acting along the axis of the bar, not across it.

Silver2k1Dood 04-30-2002 10:27 PM

I guess the debate is never really gonna end...maybe this will help us all understand a bit more about the subject:

Strutbar theory

In the end, though, personal preference and/or experience may win...it's all good as long as you're happy with your choice, IMO:tup:

TEKNIQ 05-01-2002 02:10 AM

After three pages of reading and many threads from months ago, I'm still stuck on which to buy. Maybe it'll just come down to money...

Bartkat 05-01-2002 09:55 AM

<< After three pages of reading and many threads from months ago, I'm still stuck on which to buy. Maybe it'll just come down to money... >>

Yep, it does come down to money or personal preference sometimes. But if you have a CAI or SRI the two bars that won't interfere with it are the Neuspeed and DC. Other bars may be wide enough to not be able to run with your intake. That's a really key factor.