Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   strobes (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/33605-strobes.html)

LuZi0n 04-24-2002 01:43 AM

strobes

What color strobes could you get sent to jail for impersonating a cop? i know red and blue, but any others?

HKDUPHONDA3883 04-24-2002 01:49 AM

I have red strobes in my car, and i have had no problems with the law. U just have to know when to use them

Wanger 04-24-2002 04:25 AM

i think you can get in trouble for yellows too, cause you'd look like a construction car.... it's different in every state tho [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

OverTheTop 04-24-2002 09:59 AM

You can get in trouble with any color strobes. Just know when to use them and you wont get a ticket. I have blue strobes and I have ahad a cop tell me they were cool but I was parked in a parking lot and not driving with them.

AzNmiKex215 05-13-2002 07:41 PM

anyone know were i can get a nice pair of white strobes?

jsm0net 05-13-2002 07:47 PM

why, oh why would you get strobes? hoping you find that one person who goes into seizures so you can beat them in a race?

strobes = lame, played out, and worse than washer nozzle led's.

nucents 05-13-2002 07:50 PM

strobes are only good for show

Mekenna 05-13-2002 07:58 PM

Why would anyone get their windows tinted? New rims? Different taillights or headlights? Bodykits? A wing? Etc.. So what if he wants to get strobes, maybe he likes them? Everyone has different tastes, it is all a matter of opinion just like you think they're played out or stupid, it doesn't mean everyone else has to think the same thing. I personally wouldn't put them on my own car, the same thing with those led windshield washer nozzels, but I don't go bagging on people for having them on their car - it's the same thing with stickers or a big ass wing on the car, or altezza's or... or... or... it can go on and on - so WHAT?

PeArlHoNdA 05-13-2002 08:07 PM

Luz as far as i know u wont get sent to jail pimp, just maybe a ticket. In MS u can have them on if car is parked but no driving with them on bro.

and on another note, i like strobes, gonna hook blue strobes to my alarm, its MY choice, and its Luz choice if he wants em, u dont like them, then dont f%uckin post anything. u work ur car and Luz work his....jesus i hate u candya$$es that b*itch and moan all the time. There r alot of stuff on peeps cars i dont like but i aint bout to call them lame 24/7

d@mn!!!

*goes back to watchin JAY&SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK*

PeArLhOnDa

jsm0net 05-13-2002 08:14 PM

is it illegal to put a wing on a car? tint? no (minor exception of front windows).

strobes are retarded though. besides shows, when are they attractive? tell me, when are they something that actually makes your car NOT look like a little ricemobile? answer: never. even city lights (though still illegal in most colors) are better than strobes.

Mekenna 05-13-2002 09:19 PM

Sure they're illegal if you drive with them on, and so is a wing if it obstructs your view, and so is tint (like you said if it is on the front windows) or even in some states if it is too dark, and so are headlights if they don't contain amber (in some states), and so is a body kit if it makes your car too close to the ground. So what is your point?
Have you ever looked through a state vehicle code book? Nearly anything you change about your car can be found to be illegal in one way or another but that doesn't stop people from doing it. And a car being a little ricemobile is a matter of opinion once again! It all depends on the person and what they like and don't like. Hell, maybe someone thinks that city lights are stupid and ugly and ricey and would NEVER put those on their car! It's all a matter of opinion whether it is tasteful or not.

Just a funny little fact about california (from the 2001 vehicle code book), it is illegal to wear sunglasses (while driving!) that have a side width of more than a 1/2 inch. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Anyways, I don't want to get into a big pointless arguement with you.. it just annoying to see people bash others on what they think is ricey or not, what is stupid or not, everyone else except you was happy to help him with his question until you came along bashing him - mind you, his question wasn't asking what you thought about strobes.