Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   front end mods this saturday...... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/33461-front-end-mods-saturday.html)

bluestreak 04-23-2002 09:43 AM

front end mods this saturday......

what's up guys, i'm gonna attempt to clear my headlights, install alteeza grill, install new hood piece, blue not chrome (i have a sedan) and install oem front lip....any tips before I start other than take my time?

Crashoveride 04-23-2002 10:10 AM

Yeah, take pictures when your done. :)

RallyEX 04-23-2002 11:18 AM

Tips? Oh, umm... OK.

When clearing your headlights, before pulling the chrome piece out, use some old rags to cover up the adhesive around the outside of the headlight. It is very hard to get that piece out without getting adhesive on it, so put old rags around the outside and walla! No goo on your chrome. Trust me, wiping that adhesive sucks, and it can leave blemishes in the chrome-like finish of your headlights inner pieces.

bluestreak 04-23-2002 11:58 AM

THANKS, I DEFIENTLY DON'T WANNA BE CLEANING GOO OFF THE CHROME, F THAT, THIS IS ENOUGH OF A PROJECT W/O GOO INVOLVED....

TEKNIQ 04-23-2002 01:42 PM

<< Tips? Oh, umm... OK.

When clearing your headlights, before pulling the chrome piece out, use some old rags to cover up the adhesive around the outside of the headlight. It is very hard to get that piece out without getting adhesive on it, so put old rags around the outside and walla! No goo on your chrome. Trust me, wiping that adhesive sucks, and it can leave blemishes in the chrome-like finish of your headlights inner pieces.
>>

I wish I would have known this tip because now there are a couple spots where I rubbed the glue so hard I ended up wiping away chrome, but love the end RESULTS:tup:

JayJay 05-07-2002 11:25 AM

<< what's up guys, i'm gonna attempt to clear my headlights, install alteeza grill, install new hood piece, blue not chrome (i have a sedan) and install oem front lip....any tips before I start other than take my time? >>

Did you install the OEM front lip on your sedan yet?

black2k1vtec 05-07-2002 07:32 PM

if you get the 'black death' on your chrome use some WD-40 when you wipe it off, works nice.

Mbow 05-07-2002 08:48 PM

I have a nbp sedan. Just finished clearing the lights, cleaning my injen cai filter, installing the altezza grill, and putting in a new horn.

I didn't have the slightest problem with getting any of the adhesive stuff on the chrome. However, you know what did get on it, a drop of sweat from my forehead! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I just let it dry and you can't see it. It's very easy to do if you have 2 people. I'd start at the pointed end of the light, heat it up with hair dryer, pry with screwdriver and work it open. Use some muscle and keep prying as someone cuts the goo with a razor.

Bartkat 05-08-2002 01:37 AM

What happened to bluestreak? He never came back.