Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Koni Shocks or OEM Body kit? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/33147-koni-shocks-oem-body-kit.html)

Yakkolio 04-21-2002 05:14 PM

Koni Shocks or OEM Body kit?

Right now i have Eibach Prokit on my car and Ride is decent, but can get pretty bouncy...I have enough money to get either shocks installed or the OEM body kit? What should i do? Do the Koni Shocks on the Prokit help that much? I've heard I shouldn't get shocks because Eibach Prokit is close to the factory spring rate. Well anyways, ADVICE?

Thanks

ShadyMilkMan 04-21-2002 05:47 PM

get the knoi yellows

BAK 04-21-2002 05:58 PM

I've got the Eibach Prokit with the factory struts also. The ride isn't that bad with the factory struts, so I'm getting a body kit first, then I'll get shocks when I get some more money saved up. The body kit people notice, no one can see your struts, so that's my first priority.

Bartkat 04-21-2002 06:14 PM

Get the Koni's. Once you get them ajusted to suit your driving style you will never regret it. They work perfectly with the ProKit springs. The only reason I got the body kit first is that the Koni's weren't out yet when I started modding my car.

TEKNIQ 04-21-2002 06:45 PM

It depends on your driving habits. I have a sedan that gets more bounce in the back and I tend to drive people around a lot so I chose the Koni yellows.:tup:

Yakkolio 04-21-2002 10:02 PM

thanks for the posts!

CivicVTec 04-21-2002 10:41 PM

Koni

Decamo 04-21-2002 10:51 PM

I'd get the bodykit. Your stock shocks should be fine for now and there are cheaper models comming out soon like tockico and KYB. In the mean time compliment that drop with a bodykit and it would look sweet.

Unless your really unhappy with the bounciness then I'd go for the Koni's.

CrackerJax 04-22-2002 12:08 AM

I agree w/ Decamo.
Ur stock shocks should hold up, unless ur a maniac driver! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

dacivic 04-22-2002 12:13 AM

i also agree with decamo, kyb shock is going to come out, you can wait for that. Just get body kit first!

Bartkat 04-22-2002 12:29 AM

<< I agree w/ Decamo.
Ur stock shocks should hold up, unless ur a maniac driver! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
>>

Then I guess you wouldn't want or need ANY performance parts. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

johnny 04-22-2002 12:29 AM

damn the oem body kit. it sucks. looks worst than the stock! by the way, you'll have to get them( the parts) painted, then it will cost more than the koni shocks.:tdown:

Bartkat 04-22-2002 12:30 AM

<< i also agree with decamo, kyb shock is going to come out, you can wait for that. Just get body kit first! >>

So are Tokikos, but I haven't seen any yet. Have you? How are KYB's better than Konis?

johnny 04-22-2002 12:50 AM

kyb is from japan and koni is made in germany. I would choose koni instead

Yakkolio 04-22-2002 01:51 AM

OEM body kit is painted...but i think it looks decent for price and paint

NeoMagus 04-22-2002 01:51 AM

<< damn the oem body kit. it sucks. looks worst than the stock! by the way, you'll have to get them( the parts) painted, then it will cost more than the koni shocks.:tdown: >>

youre an idiot. The OEM kit comes pre painted, and makes the 7th gen look way better. Honestly I dont know what took me so long to order the sides and rear to complete my kit.

Fvck the shocks, get the kit first, then worry bout the shocks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Bartkat 04-22-2002 03:02 AM

Please don't call people idiots.

GSTARR 04-23-2002 02:27 PM

For more info on the Koni/Pro-kit combo.....check out the latest Honda Tuning.

Bartkat 04-23-2002 02:42 PM

Already got that combo. There's some pretty extensive discussions in threads on this site.

I just browsed the Honda Tuning article. It is pretty accurate except. Having modified one set of struts, I can do another set in less than 30 minutes. If you polish away the crease left by the cutter, the strut cartriges slide right in. No hammer or press needed. The modification is much easier than the install itself.

Anyone want their struts done, send me your inserts, and I'll send them back in a set of struts on an exchange basis. On receipt of the modified struts, send me your take off struts.

Yakkolio 04-25-2002 02:00 AM

after doing a lot of thinking and after test driving the 02 Civic Si. I decided to go with Koni over the body kit.

02 Civic Si is pretty awesome car and I like it as much as my 00 EBP Si (totaled) when i had it. Go to your dealer and rag one out today! :tup: