Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   2K2 vs. 2K1 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/32890-2k2-vs-2k1.html)

CRAZEDMAN52 04-19-2002 03:22 PM

2K2 vs. 2K1

I have a civic EX 2002, I was wondering if the 2001 model is the same exact thing as 2K2. I am wondering this because I cant find any parts for my 2K2, specially a CAI. I want to buy a CAI, I cant find anything for it. Does anyone have any solutions to my problem? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

R3DF0G 04-19-2002 03:29 PM

The drivetrain is exactly the same........only minor differences to the interior, suspension, etc.

Mokushi 04-19-2002 03:46 PM

<< The drivetrain is exactly the same........only minor differences to the interior, suspension, etc. >>

Well said. Pretty much anything dealing with performance (which isn't much now) for a 2k1 will fit with no probs on the 2k2.

SlvrEX5spd 04-19-2002 04:47 PM

yep, exact same engine and tranny.....minor differences inside.....anything for 2k1 will fit 2k2...peace

vtecharry 04-19-2002 05:06 PM

What exactly is different in the '02?
I just helped my sister buy a '02 EX coupe and I didn't notice anything different inside than my '01 EX coupe. The ride did feel a little firmer though so they probably have revalved shocks for '02s. Body roll seemed about the same though (I test drove it) which is really not excessive..

aferenz 04-19-2002 05:31 PM

Saw an article in honda tuning. They said the engine is EVEN more quite. How is that possible?

Mokushi 04-19-2002 05:59 PM

02's come with stiffer suspension and front and rear stabilizer bars. Open your hood up and open your sisters hood up and look below/behind your tie rod(s). You will see a bronze colored bar in your sister's car that is not in your car.

Interiorwise, they remolded the cupholders with a sliding cover which slope up to the lighter socket panel. Also, the foglight switch or button cover, has been turned vertical instead of horizontal and there are two of these button covers now instead of one I think.

Headlights are a little different I've heard. You'll have to look to see. Just little minor things like that. It always happens when a totally new design comes out. The 2nd year of the new design always has new little modifications and changes. They always learn by making mistakes.

And ex sedans have chrome door handles on the interior. 02 lx's now have body colored door handles. I think there is more, but I can't remember.

dragoon 04-19-2002 06:10 PM

the little cupholder in the back (in the middle) for coupes.. I don't think the 2k1's have that, either - [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

dups 04-19-2002 06:21 PM

The little cupholder in the backseat in the middle on the floor was on the 2k1's as well (at least in my EX Coupe)

Grey 04-19-2002 08:21 PM

<< 02's come with stiffer suspension and front and rear stabilizer bars. Open your hood up and open your sisters hood up and look below/behind your tie rod(s). You will see a bronze colored bar in your sister's car that is not in your car. >>

Correction. 2002 LX's HX's, and EX's come with a front and rear stabilizer bar. 2002 DX's still have only the front stabilizer bar. 2001 EX's were the only ones with front and rear stablizer bars. He has the 2002 EX! Even, if he had the 2001 EX he would still find the front stabilizer bar! Also, it would not be bronze! It would be black!

<< Headlights are a little different I've heard. >>

You heard wrong, unless I don't know something.

HCivic 04-19-2002 10:03 PM

<< The little cupholder in the backseat in the middle on the floor was on the 2k1's as well (at least in my EX Coupe) >>

the 2k2 in canada doesn't have rear cupholder too.

CRAZEDMAN52 04-20-2002 12:14 PM

Thanks to everyone that helped me out on this topic. I have been wondering about this for a few weeks now. I thought it was like that, but wasnt for sure on the whole subject.
Thanks again