Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Underbody Neon Glow Kits? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/32872-underbody-neon-glow-kits.html)

XoULaBeAT 04-19-2002 12:24 PM

Underbody Neon Glow Kits?

Are they illegal in california?
How do u install that thing anyways.. it seems like some drillings/mods has to be done..

well tha's my assumption. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

yupyup..

gipperkid 04-19-2002 12:36 PM

I have Neo - BLue Gold Series on my 2k2 LX...they are tight.. There is no drilling...just self tapping screws that hold up the light with the bracket.....then if you ever take them off...use some balck sealant and put it in the holes left by the screws...

iceman 04-19-2002 01:06 PM

hey wassup...yes i believe the neon underbody kit is illegal just like the LED windshield washer is...i believe the reason for it is bcause it is a distraction to other drivers

OmegaStauf 04-19-2002 01:14 PM

Has anyone ever tried putting rope-light under their car?

InanimateCarbonRod 04-19-2002 01:36 PM

Would it be legal if the underbody lights were off when driving, but turned them on when hanging out in a parking lot or something (not moving)? It seems to me it would be OK if they wern't on while driving on public streets.

matt95401 04-19-2002 01:39 PM

if its a private parking lot your cool...just don't go crusing in city halls lot or something! lol

SoNiCcIvIc 04-19-2002 03:22 PM

I've heard two different stories about lights.

1. They're illegal, simple as that because you can't have any illegal colored lights on your car.

2. If you have them on while the car is not moving... it's legal.
If you move the car, that's your ticket.

I'm getting underbody neons too, and I'd just use them wisely. Like in a parking lot.

SoNiCcIvIc 04-19-2002 03:35 PM

Where in Cali are you at?

HShadow 04-19-2002 04:32 PM

Well put SoNiCcIvIc. If your in motion that is a ticket. As long as your parked it is fine. Also red and blue lights are illegal because they are symbols of police lights. I have Led washers on my car but they are white. No problems there according to my uncle and friends fathers who work for L.A.P.D. and Highway Patrol.

iceman 04-20-2002 01:39 PM

i think its fine in any parking lot...cuz i have the underbody neon kit from street glow and i only turn them on in parking lots...i;ve had cops come up to me lettin me know that its cool on parkin lots but just dont have them on in streets cuz its a ticket for sure

blackasnight2001 04-21-2002 01:17 AM

i think if you get pulled over and play dumb you could get away with it, i got pulled over for having red lights instead of amber on my cleared headligths, and i just told the cop i didn't know it was illegal and he let me go ( i had to take them out though)...