Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Turbo - order yours, right here, right now! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/32499-turbo-order-yours-right-here-right-now.html)

2k2civic 04-16-2002 04:24 PM

Turbo - not another dumb question

Now, I know everyone is reading this thread thinking it's a turbo question, but it's not. I'm just here to let everyone know that there is a turbo that is in the final stages of development as we speak. The final fitment for charge pipes and downpipes is now being measured and I need to know how many people are interested in purchasing a kit. The shop that's making them asked me to check and see how many buyers I can get so that they know how many turbos, BOVs, etc to order. I will have the full list of parts and model/trim numbers along with pricing available later today or tommorow. This is NOT another maybe, it's for sure here and if you got the cash, you got a turbo. Most likely it will include turbo, manifold, downpipe, charge pipes, BOV, and oil connectors, etc. I will be sure once I get that email. Oh, an for all those of you concerne with the fuel problem, all you need is a high flow fuel pump (older honda models I believe are the same), maybe injectors and something similiar to the AFC. I would also recommend an A/F gauge. And that would be about all you need.

Oh, and for all those of you who want to know if this turbo will fit on the automatic....of course it will, turbos don't know trannies, only engines.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

R3DF0G 04-16-2002 04:43 PM

Quick.....somebody loan me some money:eek::)

APS 04-16-2002 04:44 PM

sure...sure....we've heard it a million times before.[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

Spider883 04-16-2002 04:46 PM

hey give the guy a chance to respond back like he said he would. you are the [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

Jon 04-16-2002 04:57 PM

Yeah APS, no need for the flaming...yet. If he doesn't give all the info. he claims he will by tomorrow, then we'll all join you in giving him [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]. Until then, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt plus I would like to see his costs and what type of turbo they've got

RSXtypeIvtec 04-16-2002 05:12 PM

im interested...but need to know how much it will be
rough estimate would be nice

cvc2k2 04-16-2002 05:29 PM

yes pls....

ptrulock 04-16-2002 05:35 PM

i am interested but..... i would want it to be tested first and know about prices and all that good stuff. any fitting problems and i want some pics.

if anyone does this to the ride, make a diy please[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Jon 04-16-2002 06:20 PM

Hey 2k2civic, just thinking about it I for one would like to see dyno results

ptru, that would be one longa$$ diy:eek: although I'd love to be able to do something like that myself, hopefully one day I can[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

edited for spelling

fourkilos 04-16-2002 07:05 PM

not to be an [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] but i was just wondering how ur shop can do this and HKS is still "working" on it. don't get me wrong i'm down for a turbo or a supercharger anyday. i just wanted to know how it was possible. :)
but anyways i'm down!!!

jwcardy 04-16-2002 07:32 PM

like all the others, i think what we want to see is details, pics, and so on. who is making it and why dont we here from them. do they have a site with process being shown, or are they some garage in your hometown. let us know. is it intercooled or not. suggestions on fuel pump and AFC is cool, but which ones and what brand. What kind of turbo, and so one. you cant just come on here and say," i have turbo for 2001 and up civics", and expect everyone to buy it.. WE NEED SPECS, REVIEWS, SPECIFICS, PICS, DETAILS DETAILS

i am not flamin, just tryin to get you to help us

BLUENVY01 04-16-2002 08:19 PM

im with JWCARDY on this one, u need to supply more info, pics, specs, prices, etc....before ur gonna get any serious buyers....
and if people say they're gonna buy before gettin all this info, then they're all NOOBS and can be our GUINEA PIGS!! hahaha...suckers!

sadboy916 04-16-2002 08:35 PM

whats the expected hp gain

DC5@EM2 04-16-2002 08:40 PM

i'll say one thing, and that is let the guy come back with some info, and i kinda am lookin forward to this because the guy is a senior member, and im not sayin that he is god about cars because of that, but since he does have some seniority, ill give him the benefit of the doubt, and so, 2k2civic, DONT let me down! lol. later.

2k2civic 04-16-2002 10:22 PM

Actually guys, this isn't my shop. Anyone ever heard of MaxRev? I talked to a guy who works there after seeing a post on the honda-tech forums about a turbo manifold for B series engines and have been working with him for a few months now trying to get this project together for you guys (I won't be able to afford it for a looonnnnggg time, but would love to see a turbo'ed 7th gen.)

R3DF0G 04-16-2002 10:28 PM

<< not to be an [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] but i was just wondering how ur shop can do this and HKS is still "working" on it. don't get me wrong i'm down for a turbo or a supercharger anyday. i just wanted to know how it was possible. :)
but anyways i'm down!!!
>>

HKS has to make their kits 50 state legal. California is draggin the rest of us down.:shake:

sadboy916 04-17-2002 01:19 AM

DRAG turbos are not legal mabey they will make 1

2k2civic 04-17-2002 04:40 PM

I just got that e-mail I was waiting for today....

"The manifolds will be $450, the turbos $700, downpipies $299 and the charge pipes $150. The turbo is a 54 trim t3/t04e with a .48 ar exh side, .63 can be spcififed for guys with built motors. The turbine wheel is a stage 3. The BOV is our own custom machined bov. It bolts up to a blitz flange has the nice flowing piston design of a turbo, and the sound that mixes an HKS whoosh to a greddy whistle. The maxrev site is being update right now with all this info and should be ready to view soon. With the intercooler the final price is going to be $2900. non intercooled will be $2199."

Now, anyone want to place an order - they need to know how many of each part they should start making, etc.

2k2civic 04-17-2002 04:41 PM

Oh, and by the way, the manifolds they have are 8 gauge cast stainless steel manifolds. High quality stuff that's not going to crack, leak, etc.

RSXtypeIvtec 04-17-2002 04:50 PM

i want some numbers....i dont wanna spend 3g's to get like 20 hp...

RockfordFosgateBwoy 04-17-2002 05:01 PM

maybe i'll need to ask since no one else is?

and his plans for the fuel system? oh sh!t he forgot to account for it :susp:

RF Bwoy

2k2civic 04-17-2002 05:03 PM

The numbers you'll get are pretty similiar to what HKS got. At about 3-4 PSI they got about 40HP, correct? Well, with an upgraded fuel pump and AFC, you can probably safely run 6-8PSI (depending on whether or not you get the intercooled kit) and will make anywhere between 50-90HP (depends on how you tune, timing, etc.) Also, after you get the block built, you can run much higher pressures. It is the same as any other kit, it will give you just as much as you put into it. If you put in the time and effort to properly set it up and tune it, you will get great results. I for one think that anyone here that has the cash and the b@lls to be the first to try out this kit, deserve all the respect. I would buy the kit myself if I had the money. That's the only thing stopping me as of now (if I had the cash, I wouldn't need to see results, I would MAKE it work for me and be one of the first to have a turbo'ed 7th gen civic.)

NukeSilo 04-17-2002 05:29 PM

COULD IT BE TRUE!! IS IT REALLY HERE!! WHAT IS TO BE EXPPECTED FROM THE MONSTEROUS T3/T4!!! Maby will find out, but looks very good so far time to get some stocks.

IMURMILK 04-17-2002 05:34 PM

ok count me in...credit card number will follow once I see some pics..or a little more info

jwcardy 04-17-2002 05:39 PM

thanks for the info that i asked for, now lets see some pics. do you know what kind of mods we have to do to get an intercooler to fit in our engine bay, if any at all. price is awsome, but still need a little more proof to know that it is legit. what is their website. help us out dude, we are starvin to know

moose87 04-17-2002 05:49 PM

ya, give us a website or a phone number...

JRichie 04-17-2002 06:01 PM

HOLLA back u damn right i wanna see everything especially pic of the engine bay intercoller BOV etc and oh yeah how much they HITTING US IN DA HEAD 4 gotta know that

YOU CANT HANLDE DA TRUTH :susp::susp:

JRichie 04-17-2002 06:02 PM

SORRY CANT SPELL COOLER

2k2civic 04-17-2002 06:42 PM

Well, the guy I spoke to told me he would get some pics as soon as he can. You can call him at 480-967-8078 - ask for Geoff. As far as a website, he informed me that they are rebuilding their site and will have it up soon with pics and everything.

2Hondaz 04-17-2002 11:21 PM

I understand this turbo kit has most of the stuff and is ready to go. However, our cars have returnless fuel systems. The fpr is in the fuel tank, and there is no return line. How the heck is a fpr from previous gen civ's going to fit on our cars? What about running a return line? The kit sounds good, but I've got to hear what they're doing about the fuel system. If there's still no definite solution I'll wait for HKS on this one. You're talking serious work to get about 3-4PSI.......