Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Would this look stupid? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/32163-would-look-stupid.html)

IamLoki 04-14-2002 03:23 PM

Would this look stupid?

I was thinking of putting on just the OEM side skirts, and NOT the the front and rear. Do you think it would look ghay? Reason being is that the front and rear doesn't really add much more bottom body per say, and look pretty much stock. I have considered other kits, but the look is too ricey.....er racey for me. I just want a clean look, and thought that the side skirts would fill-in well. Whadda think? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

RedDragon333 04-14-2002 03:29 PM

Personally if your gonna do that i would go all the way...the front and rear might not add a whole lot but if you bolt the OEM sides on and not the front and rear your mids are gonna be lower than the front and rear and you WILL be able to notice...you want clean das cool thats the way to go OEM but go all the way with it

thats me tho

ModNewbieHELPME 04-14-2002 03:29 PM

I would stay stock....personally.

RockfordFosgateBwoy 04-14-2002 03:31 PM

if anything get the front too, the back doesnt add much, but teh front piece is needed

RF Bwoy

bobbyd 04-14-2002 03:50 PM

I would get the side skirts and maybe a little front lip.

IamLoki 04-14-2002 04:41 PM

Well, it looks like that it's all the way, or not at all............[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Thanks guys.

importspd 04-14-2002 06:09 PM

well, some doo look ricey but if you want a clean look you can still get kaminari, its real clean, but if that is still too much, you can get a little lip for your bumper..i just know one thing, civics were not meant to stay stock!:)

CivicVTec 04-14-2002 06:28 PM

yes....because your car will look LOW in the middle and high front and back

PeArlHoNdA 04-14-2002 09:49 PM

a guy here has like a grand am, i THINK its a grand am, with just a lip on and nothin else and it looks retarded. The front is lower and the mid/back up higher just looks really dumb in my opinion. I think it would look awful from a sideview standpoint to see the front up mid low and rear up..... my .02

PeArLhOnDa

Dizzymofo 04-14-2002 09:54 PM

If you're talking about getting the kit from Honda, then you should get the front and side.. Just the side does look kinda tarded, and just the front looks kinda tarded, so both would compliment each other. As for the back, usually it's a waste of money. Not alot of good looking rear bumpers for 2k1 civics [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]. later

CrackerJax 04-14-2002 10:09 PM

I think it would be kinda weird.
The sides don't really do anything by themselves. It's too plain.

<< ...so both would compliment each other >>

What he said :tup:

HCivic 04-15-2002 12:08 AM

get the entire oem kit or none! :tup: