Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Does AEM bypass fit on injen cai? as well is there a Injen bypass valve? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/31856-does-aem-bypass-fit-injen-cai-well-there-injen-bypass-valve.html)

netcbc 04-12-2002 02:49 AM

Does AEM bypass fit on injen cai? as well is there a Injen bypass valve?

B4 i thought you don't need, it friggin need it, my car is screwed up when it rains u need it really badly!!

Wanger 04-12-2002 03:12 AM

shame on your diamond member.... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] did you search?...

netcbc 04-12-2002 04:30 AM

ok fine i know it does, but i just want to make sure......... like did anyone have fitting problems

Essa 04-12-2002 09:48 AM

Yes it will fit, but you have to cut the pipe to accomodate the bypass valve.
As for Injen, they don't have any bypass.

CelCUs 04-12-2002 02:36 PM

I thought you didn't have to cut the pipe and could just put the bypass inbetween the 2 pipes?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

PlatnumBomb 04-12-2002 04:42 PM

<< I thought you didn't have to cut the pipe and could just put the bypass inbetween the 2 pipes?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] >>

Thats what I thought......

aferenz 04-12-2002 04:50 PM

What problems have you been having??? My AEM CAI is going without one but I live in southern Cali, do you drive through puddles or something?

netcbc 04-12-2002 07:11 PM

not huge a$$ puddles but like you know regular puddles, there is definately something funky when it rains, my car gets weird, pretty sure its the CAI cause someone was explaining how the car couldn't accelerate properly and stuff, i was getting the exact same problem

RockfordFosgateBwoy 04-13-2002 11:13 PM

I tihnk you are just paranoid, not too many people are having problems, and if you go back into previous gens of civics, no cold air intake has ever caused these types of problems... Why dont you try changing the cone on the end with a K & N replacement, see if that makes a difference. I dont see how the CAI can cause this.

RF Bwoy

Bartkat 04-14-2002 12:53 AM

You sure you got your temperature sensor thingie and your PCV hose all hooked up right?

aferenz 04-14-2002 02:19 PM

Does anyone actully know someone who had their engine f**k up by hydrolock?

iamboo 04-14-2002 02:43 PM

it fits... you need to cut the pipe.... no bypass valve from injen yet... :tup:

Bartkat 04-14-2002 05:55 PM

<< Does anyone actully know someone who had their engine f**k up by hydrolock? >>

Yep. There was a sad story on here a few months ago from a memeber that had that happen. He was very sad and recommending bypass valves.

It's one of those things you need to be ready for cause you just never know when it could happen.