Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Installed Eibach Prokit today ! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/31800-installed-eibach-prokit-today.html)

BAK 04-11-2002 09:10 PM

Installed Eibach Prokit today !

Well, I finally broke down and got my car lowered today with the Eibach Prokit. I'm running 205/55-16's so the added rubber took up another .20" . For anyone that lives around crappy roads like I do and wants to lessen the fender gap, while maintaining a smooth ride, I definitely recommend the Prokit. It dropped the car a little over an inch and the ride is better than with the stock springs. I'm still using the factory struts for now, and they seem to work out well with the Prokit since the drop isn't that aggresive. The camber doesn't look off by much, in fact, I really couldn't tell with my eyes, not enough to need the chamber kit IMO. The car rides nice and smooth! I ran it up to 100 on Central Expressway in Dallas and man it felt sweet !!!!!! I'll get some new pics up this weekend for anyone that is interested in seeing how it looks with 16's.

And to all you Dallas folks. I found a hookup that works at one of the Honda Dealers that has an Import Tuning business on the side. He does great work (did the drop on my car), his prices are cheaper than anyone else I've found and he gets a good discount with the dealership on all Honda OEM parts. PM me if your interested and I'll give you his name and number.

BAK

silverride 04-11-2002 09:27 PM

I want Pro-kits but I have found them to be much more expensive than other make of springs.
How much did you pay for the springs?

BAK 04-11-2002 09:31 PM

I paid $235 for the Prokit and although it costs more than most of the springs out there. It's the only one that doesn't have that agressive of a drop. Definitely worth the little extra money that I paid for them. I've seen them somewhere on the net for under $200.

I'm ordering the Eibach sway bars tomorrow as soon as I find out what size the rear bar is.

sdc711 04-11-2002 09:39 PM

hey bak u know i'm really interested in this hookup that u found so if u can e-mail me at samuel_campos@hotmail.com to see how much it would cost me to get the same kit.Text

Mbow 04-11-2002 09:39 PM

You can find the Eibach prokit springs on Group Buy Center for $190 shipped.

BAK 04-11-2002 09:57 PM

sdc711 - you have mail.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

klam 04-11-2002 10:18 PM

Can't wait to see... I just got my 205/55/16 also, and would be interested to see how the Eibach Pro-Kit looks with those tires?

BAK 04-11-2002 10:26 PM

Klam.. It looks great IMO! Most people are gonna say it's not enough, but it's a perfect setup for me. Less fender gap showing, car handles better, rides better, and doesn't scrape on speed bumps or $hitty roads. I plan on getting a body kit also, so I shouldn't have to worry about it scraping either. Hopefully it won't rain this weekend and I'll get some good pics to post. I'll send you some closeups of before and after of the fender clearance.

BAK

HCivic 04-11-2002 10:34 PM

have you done an alignment after the drop?

BAK 04-11-2002 10:51 PM

No, I didn't get an alignment after installing the springs. The guy told me that it shouldn't need an alignment. I got it up to 100 and it rode just as straight and true as it did before the drop. I live about 45 miles from Dallas, so I put about 70 miles total on the car after the install. Definitely no alignment was needed !! I wondered myself if I really should go get it aligned, but there was absolutely no need to after driving the car !

Dragon 04-11-2002 11:04 PM

sound like a nice setup...i'll be waiting for the pics!

Redsands 04-12-2002 07:29 PM

I'd love to see the pics, I've been thinking about the prokit, I can get it for $310 CAD. I've also been trying to decide between 16s and 17s. Congrats on the setup, it sounds sweet.
Redsands

BAK 04-12-2002 07:48 PM

It's looks like I won't get pics until Sunday. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch tonight with a chance of 3" hail.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
And tomorrow doesn't look that great either [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

Machina 04-12-2002 11:19 PM

BAK..did you cut the bump stops or whatever they're called...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

CivicVTec 04-12-2002 11:46 PM

i got mine for $165.00

BAK 04-12-2002 11:51 PM

Machina - we cut the rear stops, but I didn't see the stops for the fronts. Apparently they are in the black sleeves and unfortunately I didn't see them, so I didn't cut the fronts. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] I plan on getting new struts eventually, so I'll cut the fronts then. Hopefully my dumb a$$ won't forget.:)

Mbow 04-13-2002 03:00 PM

With a 1inch drop the stops shouldn't be of that much concern. Plus, you only going to open your struts up for damage since they will be able to be compressed further.

Oh yeah, have the prokit springs as well but to busy to install. Put some pics up so we can see what it looks like!

BAK 04-13-2002 03:41 PM

Well I got some pices up before the flood started. I'll get some better wheel gap shots later.