Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Headlight bulb's and reactive mufflers? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/31767-headlight-bulbs-reactive-mufflers.html)

Wantobedoneup 04-11-2002 05:05 PM

Headlight bulb's and reactive mufflers?

ok first i got a set of bulbs for my headlights and for my parklights but i can't seem to get the park lights in , i have no clue how to get them in!!!! i read that u have to take out the retaining clips and then pop out the inner pannel in the wheel well but it doesn't seem like it is going to happen for me , does anyone know how any tips cause honda wants $20 to change those so ummm no thanks!

also i was wondering if anyone knows anything about reactive mufflers , one of my friends just but one on today and it sounds good but to me it seems like his car is slower then before could this be!?!?!?! and i am planning on changing the exhaust on my 2002 civic dx what would u guys recommend!?!

thanks!:)

01civicboi 04-11-2002 05:09 PM

when you say parklights i'm assuming you mean headlights.
READ the manual.
your dealer charges $20 to install headlights? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
as for your friend's exhaust, he lost a little power in the low-end but will gain more in the higher-RPM range

Wantobedoneup 04-11-2002 05:13 PM

wow that was quick!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

umm i mean those little things next to the headlight the ones that take the xeon 194 bulb

reason i asked about the muffler was cause just after he got it put on we went for a race and he has a 2000 dx hb and i roasted him! way more then usuall!

01civicboi 04-11-2002 05:19 PM

oh, the parking lights:
you twist the housing to take it out.
pull out out the bulbs and push in the new ones. simple as that [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Wantobedoneup 04-11-2002 05:21 PM

in the owners manual it says something about taking out the cover on the wheel well though how does that come off cause i spent 1 hour looking and all i did you screw up the retaining clip! it is on page 248-249 in the owners manual!

01civicboi 04-11-2002 05:32 PM

oh yeah i forgot. i installed mine when my headlight was off when i cleared it. i guess you'll have to take off the fenderwall trim[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Wantobedoneup 04-11-2002 05:37 PM

is it hard to take out the headlight cause it seems like a bitch to take off the wheel well think , also did u need to realigh your headlights and also is it very hard to clear you lights!!??????????!!!:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:than ks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPRIZEN 04-12-2002 01:59 AM

Check the DIY section shows you step by step.Taking off the front bumper and the headlights is the easy part ,but take your time on separating the lenses.Maybe 15-30 min. per headlight.Deffinetly worth it ,aftermarket look for free.99

insan 04-12-2002 04:32 AM

a muffler has nothing to do with it. if anything it might of given him .3hp