Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   lack of 7th gen parts? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/31703-lack-7th-gen-parts.html)

cppcoder 04-11-2002 02:33 AM

lack of 7th gen parts?

hey guys, i dont personally own a civic right now im very interested in import tuning/moding and domestics too i been for awhile just waiting for lease to be up and college to be over so i dont go into this cheap and half-azzed.
i wanted to get a civic cause i like them, they do have nice engines to start out with, and parts are readily available..or are they?
all the parts i see end with 99 civics, maybe 2000, i mean performance parts
there are like no superchargers except some electric one i saw but it didnt look really good to me.
i love the specs on the vortech sc for the 99 civic si, does anyone know if vortech plans on making one for 7th gen civics? lx's maybe
and i dont want to get a si if its HB, i really dont like the look of HB's at all, the make me wanna [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
anyone know any sites? , something im missing?, ill take any info but i really like superchargers not turbos and aftercoolers (water -water)
i dont like intercoolers piped through the front bumper, they look great but i think the aftercoolers like vortech got would be much better.
thanks

dacivic 04-11-2002 03:28 AM

this had been talked many many+++ times b4, please use the search button above =)

or start out by using the faq above also

and for parts, click "parts" above

i hope this help and you dont get flame by others

cppcoder 04-11-2002 03:59 AM

yea i should have said,
i have searched im not really asking if there ARE any kits, i know that answer.
just want to know if anyone knows of any plans for kits in the future, i havent read EVERY post about sc's i read through alot and its all asking if there are any now.
im basically asking cause its been awhile and i still have heard zip about it, the main thing a company will tell you is that they will only make it if its in demand.. an sc for 7th gen civics is my opinion of what in demand would be..no?
unless it takes this long for them to design the systems...i dont know.

LilCivicKidd 04-11-2002 07:37 AM

give it time....bout 1 year to 2 more and every part you see listed for previous gen civics will be avalible to us. It won't happen oer night!

Crashoveride 04-11-2002 08:11 AM

Yeah just give it some time, the parts will come out.

mwwhonda 04-11-2002 10:06 AM

just buy a used GSR, or a 99-00 civic SI.......those cars are quick to begin w/ and w/ the addition of boost they can sure BOOGIE! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

our civics=slow! [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

cppcoder 04-11-2002 03:30 PM

thanks guys, one year aint bad or 2, i need that time to grad anyway ;o\
and i guess gettin an older 99 si if in ok condition wouldnt be so bad just love the look of the new civics

Cristo 04-11-2002 07:54 PM

It takes a while for parts to come out

NickDaMans02Civic 04-11-2002 08:48 PM

Yeah I will agree jump down to the 6 th gen if you want a quick car with a lot of parts available for it. My bud has the SI and he has lots of options I sometimes envy him but oh well. But yeah our cars are slow, but they are far from a race car.
Yeah by the time parts come out for these I will have traded it in for the new Accord or RSX-S. So Whatever

Nick

HCivic 04-12-2002 08:42 AM

from import tuner on '01 civic

Fortunately for us, there are manufacturers already busy hard at work developing products for the current generation Civic. Two such companies are DC Sports and SPW.

guess just hafta wait!

fourkilos 04-12-2002 10:59 AM

the scary part is i'm afraid that all the aftermarket parts are rite now directed to the rsx. i was looking over super street magazine in the magazine store and it seems like that on every other page theres something about the rsx.. i seen so many after market parts for that car. i know the civic has been out a little longer then the rsx but it looks like theres alot more aftermarket support for the rsx. i'm just hoping they don't forget about our civic.