Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Konig Rims (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/31576-konig-rims.html)

Smeech20 04-10-2002 02:55 PM

Konig Rims

Im` deciding whether to get the Tantrums or Vericts. What do u all think! Are Konigs a good rim , or is there something better out there, that i haven`t seen yet. Will these rims look good with my car NOT being lowered, (because i can`t afford it) I appreciate all of your input. Thanks

pounds 04-10-2002 02:59 PM

i love my tantrums...but i wish i would of gotten the verdicts....they just look better in my opinion...

and with your black civic id go with the black opal ones....those would look sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Spider883 04-10-2002 03:00 PM

i like the Tantrums more then the vericts. i am getter the konig toxxins soon. i tink that konig is a good company however some people dont like them. its all up to u man

importspd 04-10-2002 03:07 PM

i have gotten nothing but complements for my verdicts...i only wish i got 18's....look at my ryde

randomguy 04-10-2002 03:36 PM

Konig Verdicts are nice wheels, but a little on the heavy side. Check out their website for info on sizes and weights. I didn't really consider wheel weights when I bought mine, but now I wish I would have gotten something lighter (like the Oz Evolution Crono-16.5 lbs for 17's!) to help our hp-challenged engines. If you are not going to drop your ride and don't want a huge wheel gap, take a look at 45 series tires instead of 40's. Especially if the roads in your area aren't the best. Good luck on the wheels! :)

NickDaMans02Civic 04-10-2002 03:51 PM

Hey randomguy your from Eugene, OR right? Yeah I am getting ready to head back that way sick of the Arizona crap. I live around the Corvallis area up there, any good car clubs up there you have heard about? Haven't been up there in ages. Yeah I would definately recommend the 45 series tire if you live in ruff road conditions.

Nick

LilCivicKidd 04-10-2002 04:22 PM

Verdicts

TypeRCivic 04-10-2002 04:33 PM

I like them both. If I had the money I would buy both rims and change them every other week. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

AEMcivic 04-10-2002 05:02 PM

If you want verdicts.....there is someone selling a set of 18" Black Opal Verdicts (4 lug ofcourse) for $1000
Those are some sweet rims and black opal looks good on black cars!!! :tup:

Heylerds 04-10-2002 05:53 PM

Guys what do you think of this set, 205/55/16? I'm not gonna drop my car, will it look good though? Prolly I'm gonna get Konig too, which one, I dont know yet, but if you guys have any suggestions, that'll be great. Thanks.

randomguy 04-10-2002 07:17 PM

Nick - yeah, Eugene, OR! :tup: I haven't really looked for any car clubs because I'm new to the import scene. And lazy too. There must be a few other people out there that like to drive faster than 20 mph! The drivers here make me nuts. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I swear part of the driving exam is maintaing speed 10 mph below the limit while takin' a phat rip on the bong!!!! What's the deal with Arizona and when are you headin' back to Corvalis?

randomguy 04-10-2002 07:36 PM

205/55/16's would definitely work. That tire is about 0.4 inches taller than stock, and with a 16 inch wheel, the gap won't look any bigger than stock. Check out Discount Tire's interactive wheel selector (you'll need the Flash plug-in) to see the differences between wheel sizes. And you save some weight going with a 16. IMHO, if you are going to drop the $$$ for new wheels, go at least 17". I'm sure Konig has their offsets dialed, but take a look at that too because it can affect handling. If you go too wide, your car will feel real "darty" and will want to follow ruts more. What are the roads like where you live?

Heylerds 04-10-2002 07:54 PM

Road condition is pretty good its just that winter really sucks here in Toronto, thats one of the reason why I dont want to drop the car, well the major reason being I'm financially not capable of modding my entire suspension[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] maybe someday.....:)

HCivic 04-10-2002 08:02 PM

I like the Tantrums more! :tup: