Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   OH MY, just spoke to GUDE (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/30987-oh-my-just-spoke-gude.html)

mwwhonda 04-05-2002 01:05 PM

OH MY, just spoke to GUDE

just got off the phone and im :).....for 1650 bucks they offer the complete head package for our cars....

that includes

a high compression, port and polished 3 angle valve job head
ported intake manifold
bored throttle bodie
cam shaft

on the dyno it made an additonal 45 WHEEL HP! omg, i am soooo buying that package very soon [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

peace.....mark

R3DF0G 04-05-2002 01:12 PM

Damn I did't think it added THAT much horsepower. If so, that is the very next thing im doing(screw lowering):tup::tup::tup::tup::):):):)

AFlyer 04-05-2002 01:13 PM

this is old. and don't do it if you still have warranty left on your engine, this will void it so quick your head will spin. but yeah, sounds like a good deal to me. :tup:

Red2k1ex 04-05-2002 01:19 PM

ohh sweet, ima start saving now, only $1649 to go baby..... :)

trevor 04-05-2002 01:43 PM

Hell YEA!!!!!!!!............no we'll be runnin.....thats what......155WHP!!!!!......yea...
thats so killer..........I wonder whos gonna be the ginny????
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

avenger 04-05-2002 01:45 PM

<< ohh sweet, ima start saving now, only $1649 to go baby..... :) >>

ditto

Mbow 04-05-2002 01:48 PM

Yep, I have started putting my change in a piggy bank as well. It is more than the 1600 unless you know how to install the stuff yourself. Plus, shipping the oem head back isn't going to be cheap either.

01civicboi 04-05-2002 02:43 PM

so is it available NOW?
another problem for me is that my civic is my daily driver and i wonder how long it would take them to do the mods and shipping them back to us[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

bo0sT 04-05-2002 02:46 PM

it's actually around 3 grand until you get your refund....

bo0sT 04-05-2002 02:50 PM

you guys might want to check this company out before spending your money.. Gude might be the way to go.. but this guy helped with my integra LS.. this is an e-mail he sent in reply to some questions i had.
D17 Stage 2 Engine:
Pistons and balancing – 500.00
Crank Knife Edged Lightened and Balanced – 350.00
Stage 2 Cylinder Head: Port, Polish, Race Cut Valves, complete remanufactured head including seals – 800.00
Nitrided Stainless Valves w/ narrowed stems – 300.00
Reworked High Pressure Oil Pump – 100.00
Main Bearings and Rod Bearings – 400.00
Gaskets: Head, bottom end and misc. – 200.00
Assembly (including but not limited to beam polishing and shot penning of rods, timing belt and water pump)– 1075.00
Lightened and balanced flywheel – free!
Engine Development Total – $3725.00

This engine would build at least 50% gain over the stock.

The individual throttle bodies will cost alot. This would run at least 1000. We dont have exact figures on what kind of power gains these would bring, however we are quite sure it would make a significant difference. The easiest way to do this would be to run a Haltech or Motec engine management system as the probably carry these. You would run individual air filters for we could build an air box.

I am not sure who has rods for a stroker appliction. If nobody makes them they will have to be made.

Included is a loose estimate not including dyno tuning time.

If you could give us an estimate of how much you want to spend we can design a package to get the most power possible out of your money.

Thank you for your interest,

John Kauffman
KMS Engine Development

Crashoveride 04-05-2002 02:51 PM

Thats awsome, I dont think I will do that right now but maybe next year I will.

02CarbonCivic 04-05-2002 02:58 PM

This has been here for a while now..... check here ....Gude Info

mwwhonda 04-05-2002 03:02 PM

i have 24k miles on my car now, and by the time i have the money, the 36k will have long been gone (about 3 months)...

there is only a 500 dollar core charge, which you get back as soon as they recieve your head....

when you place the order, they send you all the parts READY TO BE INSTALLED&gt;......then u just send back your stock head and parts and you get the core charge back...

the package brings the compression up to about 10.7:1...and MUST be run w/ at LEAST 91 octane.....

I CANT WAIT! hehehehehehe

Mbow 04-05-2002 03:13 PM

My only concern is reliablity. Anyhow, anyone know what a shop would charge to switch the head?

trevor 04-05-2002 03:16 PM

mww........nice bro.....Im w/ ya on this one.........
that will be peeeeerfect.....45 whp........you dont have to deal w/ turbo,,intercooler and all that crap.....And mines a daily driver.....it'd be so perfect.........
Sure we wouldn't be running 12's.......but hey......45WHP!!!!!!......thats a grip for our little rides........

I've seen the Gude package before......I'm just waitning for someone to install.......
And thats also sweet that you Wont have any down time except the install!!!!!.........
sounds sweeeeeetttt..........

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

NoBottleJustThrottle 04-05-2002 04:08 PM

i knew about the hp output of the gude package a while ago. Like some of you others said "old news". It is reliable, the people that make it (i.e.-Mr. and Mrs. Gude) are very nice and will work with you on any problems that you have. Just as a side note...their daughters are HOT! Anyways, sounds like a great thing to get, sucks for everyone in california though (that includes me) cause in about 4 years time when you have to get your SMOG check, you WONT pass...not a chance! Maybe i'll just move out of state so i can get the package and not have to worry about that. :) Good luck to all that try it!

black2k1vtec 04-05-2002 05:00 PM

After all that work you would still have a crappy intake manifold. We need a custom one!

bo0sT 04-05-2002 05:31 PM

&lt;&lt;sniff&gt;&gt; what's that smell? oh yeah... your stock clutch just burned up... and that light is on because you need to upgrade your ecu..

mwwhonda 04-05-2002 07:23 PM

boost &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; in regards to the clutch, i am planning on upgrading to a ACT as soon as my stock clutch is done....in regards to the ecu...GUDE did extensive testing with our vehicle...and our computer is more then able to adapt to the increased flow rates, i spoke to them in regards to that.....only the older civics need upgraded ecu's [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Mbow 04-05-2002 07:31 PM

The clutch is definately an issue. I have 2600 miles and I swear it feels a little weird. Hmmm....45hp sounds awfully good to me.

cvc2k2 04-05-2002 07:35 PM

k

Bartkat 04-05-2002 10:12 PM

:tup:

CapYoda 04-05-2002 10:30 PM

ack. cali smog checks. weeeeeeeeeeeee.

destroying dreams of fast cars, one day at a time.

I mean u might be able to pass smog if u find the "right" inspector... but I dont want to drive around doing that.

bo0sT 04-06-2002 03:29 PM

i'm sending my entire motor into KMS to be re-buit and i'm either going with the HP header and cat, or a custom job by KMS... just a huge price difference... while i'm waiting for everything to be done i'm purchasing my clutch.. that's cool about the ECU.. it's just that we will get so much more out of our cars with an upgraded ECU.. they are designed to be economy cars.. that's why if you read the thread i started and the bit i showed you on what i'm getting done you'll see that you CAN run a haltech or motech system... i know some of you drive your vics a lot and don't want that.. but it is a nice touch. some nice shocks to go with my springs will help out at the track big time. gotta get all that hp to the weels fellas (and ladies)

01Ex 05-05-2002 11:24 PM

Boost did you get this done yet?

bo0sT 05-06-2002 11:32 AM

no, i just orderded my clutch.. i do have the hp header w/cat now.. but the reason i havn't done all the internal work yet is because i talked to south florida performance and they are buildint a turbo kit for our cars (since feb) the guy told me to call back at the end of the month because they figured out the fuel problem. i really want to go all motor for the reliabilty.. and to be different than most import enthusiasts.. but turbos are tempting. plus, their turbo kit would be cheaper than what i want to do to my motor. the entire D17 stage 2 package is 3,700 bucks. plus the individual throttle body setup is another 1,000 at the least... and he couldn't even price the stroker kit because they'd have to make the rods for it. By spending around 4-5 grand... he said he can put me at about 250-260 at the crank. that's awesome if it's true.. but ya never know. I'll make up my mind at the end of the month. who knows.. i may just go with Gude... and keep it simple.
-Dennis H..
Infiniteperoformance02@yahoo.com

Bartkat 05-06-2002 11:40 AM

Would the automatic trans have problems?

bo0sT 05-06-2002 11:45 AM

i wouldn't see why... i'm not a tranny expert.. but if you had the right gear ratio.. and the right setup... you could keep up just fine with manual trannys. we can't shift as fast as a computer... ( coming from a guy that drove mustangs his whole life... i don't know what kind of transmissions swaps or mods can be done to civics ) your only problem would be a slow launch on the strip.. and a slow downshift on the street. they say you should plan to be about 1 second slower.. so just beef the hell outta your civic.. and you'll be fine.

bo0sT 05-06-2002 11:46 AM

by the way.. autmatics are awesome with turbo applications because of the smooth fluid shifting..

bo0sT 05-06-2002 11:57 AM

our cars are about 110 at the wheels right? (2k1 ex) just wondering.. because i called Gude and confirmed their package puts 40-45 hp to the wheels. it's really decent for the price.. you guys just need to decide how serious you really are... for the street.. the gude package and a 50 shot is awesome.. if you want to win some cash.. you gotta spend some.

PESTLNC 05-06-2002 12:27 PM

From Gude's webpage:

"Gude Performance/Bullfrog products are for off road use only and may never be used on any public highway. Gude Performance/Bullfrog does not meet any expressed or assumed fitness for any particular purpose. Due to the nature of the sport of racing and/or high performance applications, or the manner in which they are installed or used, there is no warranty expressed, implied, or assumed to the purchaser. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer to determine the specific fit or usage of any Gude Performance/Bullfrog product. Gude Performance/Bullfrog, shall not be liable for any special, consequential, or incidental damages, including but not limited to: loss of profits or revenue, bodily injury, and/or loss of life. Gude Performance/Bullfrog will not be liable for towing, replacement, or repair cost for any part damaged, or any labor charge which might arise from the usage of any items in this catalog or any product produced or supplied by Gude Performance/Bullfrog."

Doesn't mean you will fail emissions, but they're not saying your going to pass either.