Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Going All-Motor? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/30697-going-all-motor.html)

bo0sT 04-03-2002 02:39 PM

Going All-Motor?

D17 Stage 2 Engine:
Pistons and balancing – 500.00
Crank Knife Edged Lightened and Balanced – 350.00
Stage 2 Cylinder Head: Port, Polish, Race Cut Valves, complete remanufactured head including seals – 800.00
Nitrided Stainless Valves w/ narrowed stems – 300.00
Reworked High Pressure Oil Pump – 100.00
Main Bearings and Rod Bearings – 400.00
Gaskets: Head, bottom end and misc. – 200.00
Assembly (including but not limited to beam polishing and shot penning of rods, timing belt and water pump)– 1075.00
Lightened and balanced flywheel – free!
Engine Development Total – $3725.00

This engine would build at least 50% gain over the stock.

The individual throttle bodies will cost alot. This would run at least 1000. We dont have exact figures on what kind of power gains these would bring, however we are quite sure it would make a significant difference. The easiest way to do this would be to run a Haltech or Motec engine management system as the probably carry these. You would run individual air filters for we could build an air box.

I am not sure who has rods for a stroker appliction. If nobody makes them they will have to be made.

Included is a loose estimate not including dyno tuning time.

If you could give us an estimate of how much you want to spend we can design a package to get the most power possible out of your money.

Thank you for your interest,

John Kauffman
KMS Engine Development

bo0sT 04-03-2002 02:42 PM

one thing i think he left out was cams... the do it all... this is a little pricey, but some of you guys were looking to purchase an HKS turbo that only produced 30-40 hp for around the same price. this same guy worked on my integra LS... he does good work. all the things listed were things i asked him about.. so if you have more questions e-mail or go to the website.. it's www.honda-performance.com

trevor 04-03-2002 03:23 PM

2,000-3,000$$......as much HP as possible safely:tup::tup::tup:

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]:)

SuziQ 04-03-2002 05:31 PM

that sounds pretty nice. did he say that you can still run on pump gas? what about injectors, fuel pump and all that jazz?

i wonder what they can do for 700 bucks and a pack of now-n-laters

bo0sT 04-03-2002 06:42 PM

hey man i'm still working out all the details too.. i'm sure you'd be just fine on pump gas and larger injectors are available through RC...

bo0sT 04-03-2002 06:43 PM

sorry for saying "hey MAN" suziQ didn't look at your name before i replied.. i'm sure you're used to most guys talking before they think.

uicmedruss 04-03-2002 08:57 PM

<< that sounds pretty nice. did he say that you can still run on pump gas? what about injectors, fuel pump and all that jazz?

i wonder what they can do for 700 bucks and a pack of now-n-laters
>>

Hahah...now THAT is more in my price range!

ThUgGiNAzN 04-03-2002 09:11 PM

all motor dass wha im talkin bout dayumit!!!!!!